Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 01:38 PM

727 posts, read 1,097,034 times

Advertisements

They continued to take out taxes in my other checks earlier this year. I'm not counting on them not taking the taxes out-I'm pretty sure they will continue. And that is almost $32 and change in taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 01:44 PM

461 posts, read 945,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gushion2002 View Post
but the tax break gives you more money than giving you 25.extra a week.
I need my money now... That tax break is not the much. When taxes are filed and all you drew was unemployment for the year, with 2 kids down as a dependent you don't pay taxes anyway. Most of us, well I would rather have the extra 25.00 a week, because I end up getting back everything I pay in anyway.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:49 PM

74 posts, read 139,510 times
montanaskye07 i agree with you i have 2 girls i don't know what i would do,just glad something coming down the pipe next week.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:01 PM

90 posts, read 145,066 times
gushion2002, are you employed or not because in reading some of your past post, you say you are and one them you said we would get a tax break, so which are? I agree if you're here to help, I applaud you for letting us know,but please don't give anyone false hopes.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:49 PM

175 posts, read 354,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishva View Post
They continued to take out taxes in my other checks earlier this year. I'm not counting on them not taking the taxes out-I'm pretty sure they will continue. And that is almost $32 and change in taxes.
I've never had taxes taken out. I opted not to, just call your local office and tell them not to take out taxes.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:55 PM

Ive been away from the computer hammer 1983 i am employed I have worked for my dad all my life when i said we I meant you guys.I I know other business owners look at this web site I challenge them to speak up so I am not the only one out on a limb here.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gushion2002 View Post
Ive been away from the computer hammer 1983 i am employed I have worked for my dad all my life when i said we I meant you guys.I I know other business owners look at this web site I challenge them to speak up so I am not the only one out on a limb here.
Gushion you have to understand us being skeptical. I mean we have been told sooooooo much conflicting stories.
Just like music theather coming on here telling us they got their seb last week and I knew that was a lie... I knew it. It was just funny how he/she was the only one and the dol said no one had been paid. They only recieved the money this past week to start.

I just hope what you were told is true. I hope it is true for me and all of us..

I hope they do release the funds this week.
What I don't understand is why you and your father would go to a meeting at the gdol in the first place?
Originally Posted by gushion2002
my dad owns a small bussiness in south ga I went to the local unemployment office with him to get info on hiring employees under the new law and we spoke to two top officals who explained the new seb rules to us word for wordand there is going to be alot of unhappy unemployed people in ga come june 1st.They were told in march not to release any info to any one about the seb benefits because people were going to find out in june that alot of people were not getting these benefits.Thats why there has not been alot of info released about ga seb program.If you go to other states labor web sites there is detailed info about their program,ga is the only state keeping their program a secret.

The red part is what I don't get......... are you talking part time work or what? What are the new rules that was explained word for word? I mean if you know why not tell us. Who are the ones NOT getting benefits?

Last edited by montanaskye07; 06-07-2009 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: left something out?

Old 06-07-2009, 03:10 PM

727 posts, read 1,097,034 times
I find it interesting that GA DOL has answers for employers (as in gushion2002's dad) but little to no info for us the unemployed and who all this nonsense is about-go figure. All I care about is that we the unemployed get paid this week-all of us. And then we can go from there. I hope you are correct gushion2002-because if we don't get paid a lot of people are going to be let down and we are pretty low as it is.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:13 PM

I agree

Old 06-07-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishva View Post
I find it interesting that GA DOL has answers for employers (as in gushion2002's dad) but little to no info for us the unemployed and who all this nonsense is about-go figure. All I care about is that we the unemployed get paid this week-all of us. And then we can go from there. I hope you are correct gushion2002-because if we don't get paid a lot of people are going to be let down and we are pretty low as it is.
That is what I am saying fly...... I just hope that what gushion says is true. I mean our hopes are sooooooooooo high now that it would be a bad fall if we didn't get it this week.

Just like music theather, I thought he was lying all the time......... I have a feeling he was an employed person coming on here to screw with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment