Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 12:55 PM

50 posts, read 110,011 times

Advertisements

404-232-3990-I was told that the career center gets a report if you app is still processing . Appears to be claims filed in 2007 .(my benefit year ends Aug 2009) The career center will automatically update your claim after which your SEB will be released. I am afraid to go into Clayton for fear they won't know anything again !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 12:56 PM

727 posts, read 1,097,034 times
I am really sorry everyone is having such problems with this-sounds like the systems were not updated. I am hopeful all of you get this resolved and get your money quickly. Let me know if there is anything else i can do to assist.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:57 PM

45 posts, read 78,317 times
If you are wondering about if you have to file a new claim due to expiration, here is how it went with me.
After receiving my notice that my last benefits were up I received another more obscure letter saying my benefits had run out and any new claims would need to be filed. It did not make sense to me so I called in and asked about it. She told me I did not have to file a new claim but that I should keep my eyes open for the May 8th letter.

This would not lead one to believe they would have to do anything else after applying for SEB but thanks to reading this forum I realized that obscure letter may have been referring to a claim year, so I went in and sure enough if I hadn't opened a new claim my SEB would have been delayed until I did so. I actually had to ask them to do it, too, they didn't bring it up just looking at my info.

Good luck everyone

136 posts, read 242,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurfer2000h View Post
just talked to Randy and he is filing my new claim as we speak and was told that all offices know that info on filing a new claim to help get the SEB app. processed so the local offices i figure just do not want to take the time to answer or help you out. Randy was able to let me know that I should have my money by tuesday. I told him the situation about my local office and he used to work there so he was going to make sure that they are to let people know about filing a new claim. Randy was a great help and very very polite and I wish they all were half as nice as him
yay I'm so glad

now I wish he hadn't told me they couldn't do it over the phone, apparently they can, hah.

461 posts, read 945,091 times
I'm serious......... they could have included that in the letters.........
I feel for the ones that have been affected by this.

Mine was mailed out and I didn't get it today. I should receive it tomorrow. People in the Atlanta area that was getting paper checks should have got their today.
I always took 2 days to get mine in the mail.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:58 PM

81 posts, read 101,602 times
music thank you guys for the help and I guess that other people need to know that they need to file a new claim because they check them every three months when it is extended benefits and that they should call and ask their local office wether they have put the claim in already. My local office had filed it today and if they would have told me this I probably wouldn't be so upset about how things are going.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaskye07 View Post
I'm serious......... they could have included that in the letters.........
I feel for the ones that have been affected by this.

Mine was mailed out and I didn't get it today. I should receive it tomorrow. People in the Atlanta area that was getting paper checks should have got their today.
I always took 2 days to get mine in the mail.
I'm hoping you get yours tomorrow, you've been such a help to a lot of people, you should apply at the GDOL and use us as personal references

Old 06-12-2009, 01:04 PM

81 posts, read 101,602 times
Things would go a heck of alot smoother if the people at your local offices would quit being so a**holish about things and hep you out when you need it. I talked to Randy and he helped me out in less then 10 minutes,so it is not that difficult to help people out they just don't want to. All offices know about the filing of a new claim.All we ask for is a little help and Randy gave us alot of help so with that I must say 'Thank You Randy' and everyone else that is on here helping.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 PM

I also want to say that this might end up being the last extension on UI so people, prepare like it is. I know most of us aren't abusing the system or anything like that (not what this post is about) just be as responsible with it as possible. (not saying anyone isn't) But when you think about Federal help you normally only get things in 3's federal wise, so even if they do extend it again I suggest putting 10-25% (if possible) into a savings account or safe, so that when it runs out and you still don't have a job there is something there that will help until matters get better.

And now I'm just happy and giddy that everyone seems to be getting their issues solved with SEB and there's some good things on the horizon for people now.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:14 PM

3 posts, read 4,215 times
Do anyone have randy's #? Is he in the same ofc as ms. Yates. I spoke to someone about an hour ago, and they told me that i had to file a new claim, and that someone would call me back today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment