Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 12:21 PM

136 posts, read 242,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurfer2000h View Post
Well that does sound like some help except the fact that I have already applied on 01/23/09 and was denied then so my claim year does not run out until 01/23/2010 so that is not the reason my app is not processed.That is some help and I thank you,but hat will not help me.In fact when I called my local office I asked if i had to file a new claim and was told no so that is not the hold up. So thanks for the info someone can use it.
Hmm you should probably visit your local office, because there might be something else going on with yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 12:21 PM

81 posts, read 101,602 times
I have gotten a claim filed and denied in jan of this year so that should not be the holdup.I filed a claim only a few months back so that info should be in their computers.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:23 PM

35 posts, read 63,860 times
I filed a new claim last week. They had sent me a letter saying my claim had ended...the letter was dated June1st. So, I had opened a new claim at my local DOl office last Friday....So, I will just wait and see what happens on Monday...I am surprised that noone has posted that they have gotten paid today.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:23 PM

90 posts, read 145,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_theater View Post
OK PEEPS here's the deal, I spoke to this awesome guy named Randy (don't know the number they tranfered me several times) but he works in policy & proc.

HE SAID: If you're claim is still showing "processing" then it's because they are having to key in a NEW REGULAR UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIM manually before they are able to release your SEB. They are doing this to make sure that you aren't eligible for any of the REGULAR UI before you're processed under SEB.

He knew what he was talking about, and a sweet guy (really wish I had his number to give to you all)

BUT he said you can either wait for the workers to key it all in, or go to your career office and re-do a entire new claim. IT DOESN'T MATTER if you did a new claim YEAR before April, it doesn't count at all, you will still need to go into the office or wait for them to do it automatically before any of your SEB is approved and released.

The people that have already gotten their SEB either had a updated claim year or were processed first. So if your's is still saying "Processing 5/whateverdate here" go to your local office and file for a REGULAR UI claim again and then you can get SEB.

That maybe the case music, because the rep I spoke to was doing alot of typing putting info into the computer, when he was finished, he said he just released my funds

Old 06-12-2009, 12:24 PM

81 posts, read 101,602 times
I have contacted them several times and have been told that I don't have to file a claim and that there is no problems. That it is still processing and that I should get paid in the 28 days that was on our letters.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:25 PM

90 posts, read 145,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyluke12 View Post
I filed a new claim last week. They had sent me a letter saying my claim had ended...the letter was dated June1st. So, I had opened a new claim at my local DOl office last Friday....So, I will just wait and see what happens on Monday...I am surprised that noone has posted that they have gotten paid today.
I don't think anyone got paid today.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 PM

214 posts, read 595,497 times
great info.

i finally got through to ms. yates, and i can tell you we've definitely overstayed our welcome over there. I wish we could get her an extra week of vacation. She'd probably like it to start on Monday.

she put me on hold for a bit, then took down my info and said someone else would call me back within an hour.

i told her the clayton office receptionist didn't know what re-establishing a claim year meant, and that the people she transferred me to over the week just went to vm and never called me back. when asked about an entirely new claim, it's "SEB isn't an entirely new claim".

Sigh.

I don't get how so much different info can be running around WITHIN each DOL, let alone among all the offices. A quick memo could have answered most people's concerns.

Hopefully person who calls me back can do my claim year issue over the phone, and I'll be in same relieved boat as so many of you!

Old 06-12-2009, 12:28 PM

175 posts, read 354,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty94 View Post
I got a call back and this is what is going on: IF APPLICATION IS STILL SAYING PENDING IT DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOU NEED TO RE-APPLY FOR A NEW CLAIM. THE REASON BEHIND THAT (HOW IT WAS EXPLAINED TO ME) BECAUSE MY INITIAL CLAIM BEGUN ON 17 AUGUST 2007 THE SYSTEM NEEDS FOR YOU TO REAPPLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE NOT ELILGABLE FOR A NEW CLAIM. THEY DID IT OVER THE PHONE WITH ME THIS MORNING. THE GENTLEMAN EXPLAIN TO ME ONCE IT PROCESSES THE "RE-APPLICATION FOR ORGIN. CLAIM" IT WILL DECLINE ME AND THE SEB WILL KICK IN (ALL THIS WILL HAPPEN THIS WEEKEND) THE SYSTEM WILL UPDATE MONDAY AND TUESDAY WILL SHOW THAT ALL THE WEEKS WILL BE PAID. SO IF YOU ARE STILL WAITING GET ON THE PHONE IMMEDIATELY WITH YOUR LOCAL OFFICE AND TELL THEM YOU WERE TOLD TO CALLED SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO CAN HAVE YOU (OVER THE PHONE) APPLY FOR RE APPLY FOR NEW CLAIM. IF THEY SAY COME IN AND DO IT TELL THEM THAT THE COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT IS TELL YOU TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE AND FORCE THEM TO HAVE THEM APPLY FOR THE NEW CLAIM. BE PERSIST!!!!

This is pretty much exactly what I found out from Ms. Yates this morning, except she made it sound like it was just my claim. Good work in getting more general information for everyone.

136 posts, read 242,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurfer2000h View Post
I have gotten a claim filed and denied in jan of this year so that should not be the holdup.I filed a claim only a few months back so that info should be in their computers.
I think it is tho. Because he said claims don't count if they were before the SEB was signed in April, you have to file a entire new year at a career center even if yours is still 'up to date' because they have to determine if since the bill was signed in April (so from April to now) if you're eligible for any other UI.

If you don't go to the career center then your SEB will be processed by hand (with the info in the system currently since your last claim) and will take the 28 days they said and probably then some depending on how many others they have to key in manually. It has to be done by a person, so that's why it's taking so long. It's not a computer doing it, but a person entering in all the claimants last filed information. Hence the huge holdup on a lot of people's claims.

So, if it's still saying processing, go file a new claim and you will see your payments within a week he said.

42 posts, read 76,144 times
do anyone know the numbers i can call??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment