Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 11:50 AM

81 posts, read 101,664 times

Advertisements

I feel like a person who has a car that only turns right because i am only being sent in circles when trying to find out anything from my local office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 12:00 PM

35 posts, read 63,902 times
Well, mine still says not paid. I was told yesterday that my claim was approved. The lady said she didn't know (couldn't know) when I would be paid. So, there is something up with all of us not being paid. I think if someone is telling you that is it still processing, you will be paid. Because I was told I was approved and still no money...Hope this post makes sense....sleep deprived from checking all night...

Old 06-12-2009, 12:00 PM

41 posts, read 99,120 times
Ok everyone I did get a call back and this is whats going on:

Old 06-12-2009, 12:08 PM

I got a call back and this is what is going on: IF APPLICATION IS STILL SAYING PENDING IT DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOU NEED TO RE-APPLY FOR A NEW CLAIM. THE REASON BEHIND THAT (HOW IT WAS EXPLAINED TO ME) BECAUSE MY INITIAL CLAIM BEGUN ON 17 AUGUST 2007 THE SYSTEM NEEDS FOR YOU TO REAPPLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE NOT ELILGABLE FOR A NEW CLAIM. THEY DID IT OVER THE PHONE WITH ME THIS MORNING. THE GENTLEMAN EXPLAIN TO ME ONCE IT PROCESSES THE "RE-APPLICATION FOR ORGIN. CLAIM" IT WILL DECLINE ME AND THE SEB WILL KICK IN (ALL THIS WILL HAPPEN THIS WEEKEND) THE SYSTEM WILL UPDATE MONDAY AND TUESDAY WILL SHOW THAT ALL THE WEEKS WILL BE PAID. SO IF YOU ARE STILL WAITING GET ON THE PHONE IMMEDIATELY WITH YOUR LOCAL OFFICE AND TELL THEM YOU WERE TOLD TO CALLED SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO CAN HAVE YOU (OVER THE PHONE) APPLY FOR RE APPLY FOR NEW CLAIM. IF THEY SAY COME IN AND DO IT TELL THEM THAT THE COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT IS TELL YOU TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE AND FORCE THEM TO HAVE THEM APPLY FOR THE NEW CLAIM. BE PERSIST!!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 12:13 PM

90 posts, read 145,165 times
Well I called 404-232-3990, the rep looked up my account and told me to hold for customer service, was on hold for almost an hour, I gave him my social, he said "Let me get tese funds out to you", I almost died, he just released the funds!!, what if I had not called back, then he tells me that I will most likely see it the beginning the week, this is crap!!!, then this morning the first rep told me that I had 3 payments, I knew that was a lie, so I asked him anyway and he said it was 2 payments, so see they don't know what their talking about, just trying to get you off the phone.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:14 PM

136 posts, read 242,886 times
OK PEEPS here's the deal, I spoke to this awesome guy named Randy (don't know the number they tranfered me several times) but he works in policy & proc.

HE SAID: If you're claim is still showing "processing" then it's because they are having to key in a NEW REGULAR UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIM manually before they are able to release your SEB. They are doing this to make sure that you aren't eligible for any of the REGULAR UI before you're processed under SEB.

He knew what he was talking about, and a sweet guy (really wish I had his number to give to you all)

BUT he said you can either wait for the workers to key it all in, or go to your career office and re-do a entire new claim. IT DOESN'T MATTER if you did a new claim YEAR before April, it doesn't count at all, you will still need to go into the office or wait for them to do it automatically before any of your SEB is approved and released.

The people that have already gotten their SEB either had a updated claim year or were processed first. So if your's is still saying "Processing 5/whateverdate here" go to your local office and file for a REGULAR UI claim again and then you can get SEB.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:17 PM

music_theather thats the same guy I spoke to!

Old 06-12-2009, 12:17 PM

81 posts, read 101,664 times
Well that does sound like some help except the fact that I have already applied on 01/23/09 and was denied then so my claim year does not run out until 01/23/2010 so that is not the reason my app is not processed.That is some help and I thank you,but hat will not help me.In fact when I called my local office I asked if i had to file a new claim and was told no so that is not the hold up. So thanks for the info someone can use it.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:18 PM

music_theater. . .sorry about that

Old 06-12-2009, 12:19 PM

136 posts, read 242,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty94 View Post
music_theather thats the same guy I spoke to!
Hah awesome! He was sweet, gah I wish I had his number so I could send a good e-mail to his sup. He said he couldn't update it over the phone tho, that you had to either wait for the people to key it in (it's all done randomly btw) or go into the office and file again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment