Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 11:34 AM

217 posts, read 389,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalabear View Post
I did not receive a letter today, I run out of EB on 11/14. There is no mail tomorrow. But I live out in the country in Warren County.

I believe the problem with the six additional weeks was reported earlier here in an article from Orange County, California and on the CA website, not in NJ. Each state has unique issues and handles this situation differently. Although the six weeks is identified as a separate tier which is a technical issue, I would trust what the NELP says relating to the grandfather clause as the two tiers were enacted on the same bill. I wouldn't worry about that. But I wish I had my letter today.
There is no mail today wed nov 11 there will be mail thurs nov 12 the reason you did not receive a letter yet is probably because you are still collecting on a preexisting extension give it a few more days for your letters they will send it and did you call your last check in already or do you call in for your last check on 11/14?

Old 11-11-2009, 11:42 AM

2,111 posts, read 7,961,994 times
For you guys that didn't get a letter yet, be patient as the Unemployment Office has their hands full plus they could be erratic at times not to mention the lack of mail delivery today.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:52 AM

listen up everyone!!!!!!!!
anyone who is comeing off of any reg or ext, once you call in your last check your very last check, which means you have a $0 balance in your ui acct. At that point u need to go down to ui and find out about what extension you are able to collect on every extension has an expiration date, so therefore if one extension is exhausted already as far as the calendar date,you will get put on whatever extension is still valid meaning (any extension that has not expired yet) as we have posted many times before each extension is only valid until certains dates, so for ex if tier1 extension expires today and you call your ui in tomorrow you will not be eligible for tier 1 benefits because it would have expired the day before, but there will be an extension for you to claim one that has not yet expired. attn: People posting from other states everyone is welcome, but we are in new jersey, so therefore there may be a few things that we do differently here then you all do in your state. they are not going to cut your heads off for going down to ui. I don't care how much they tell people not to come down there, this your money that you need to pay your mortgages, food, and other necesities. Do not hesitate to go down there and see what you are eligible for, how many weeks you are eligible, and most important making sure your money is in your account so when you call in on your next call in day there will not be any problems.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:18 PM

108 posts, read 243,421 times
My unemployment is due to end week ending 12/19..i should start the new benefits on the 20th...is this correct????

Old 11-11-2009, 01:38 PM

702 posts, read 1,572,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musi View Post
listen up everyone!!!!!!!!
anyone who is comeing off of any reg or ext, once you call in your last check your very last check, which means you have a $0 balance in your ui acct. At that point u need to go down to ui and find out about what extension you are able to collect on every extension has an expiration date, so therefore if one extension is exhausted already as far as the calendar date,you will get put on whatever extension is still valid meaning (any extension that has not expired yet) as we have posted many times before each extension is only valid until certains dates, so for ex if tier1 extension expires today and you call your ui in tomorrow you will not be eligible for tier 1 benefits because it would have expired the day before, but there will be an extension for you to claim one that has not yet expired. attn: People posting from other states everyone is welcome, but we are in new jersey, so therefore there may be a few things that we do differently here then you all do in your state. they are not going to cut your heads off for going down to ui. I don't care how much they tell people not to come down there, this your money that you need to pay your mortgages, food, and other necesities. Do not hesitate to go down there and see what you are eligible for, how many weeks you are eligible, and most important making sure your money is in your account so when you call in on your next call in day there will not be any problems.
Musi is right in one regard if you are due to exhaust whatever Tier you are currently in sometime in December then don't sit here posting questions asking if you qualify as if when we say it must be true.

On the contrary, take yourself over to UI or call them A.S.A.P. before you exhaust your Tier and have someone tell you exactly if and what you do or don't qualify for so you can plan accordingly.

Too many posts here asking vague questions lately about do I qualify or not and the truth is you are better off getting it from the horses mouth especially if your Tier expires in December.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:42 PM

41 posts, read 125,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane in NJ View Post
My unemployment is due to end week ending 12/19..i should start the new benefits on the 20th...is this correct????
call your local office, no one here works at the DOL so you will have to ask them who do.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:10 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,057,159 times
BTW, I received my EUC letter yesterday.

It reads:

The first two weeks of potentiall eligibility for these additional EUC benefits are the weeks ending November 14, 2009 and November 21, 2009. The date on which you will be able to certify for these first two weeks of additional EUC benefits will be November 25, 2009.

You do NOT need to contact the Department of Labor and Workforce Development and you do NOT need to report to a One-Stop Career Center in reference to these additional weeks of benefits; all the information concerning this program will be mailed to you shortly.

I expect everybody who is eligible should receive this letter by the end of the week.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:11 PM

Default musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsteward2003 View Post
call your local office, no one here works at the DOL so you will have to ask them who do.
Now that was a little harsh!!! We don't need to get nasty in any way, let's not forget this forum is here to help people. Guys there are plenty of threads here with information. You guys have to go back a little bit and view the other posts, alot of the questions you all are asking have been answered over and over. There are alot of members that have been on here since the start and if something is as far back as page 200 of course they will answer, but in the past couple of days there have been the same repeats of questions that have been posted not that far back, just search a little before you ask. As far as your question, you have to be a little more specific.What stage of unemployment are you exhausting is the first question, if it is regular please view my latest green and red post that I just did a couple of minutes ago.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:14 PM

Default musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
BTW, I received my EUC letter yesterday.

It reads:

The first two weeks of potentiall eligibility for these additional EUC benefits are the weeks ending November 14, 2009 and November 21, 2009. The date on which you will be able to certify for these first two weeks of additional EUC benefits will be November 25, 2009.

You do NOT need to contact the Department of Labor and Workforce Development and you do NOT need to report to a One-Stop Career Center in reference to these additional weeks of benefits; all the information concerning this program will be mailed to you shortly.

I expect everybody who is eligible should receive this letter by the end of the week.
no, that is not entirely true that is a general letter the lady at UI told me after you receive that notice we need to look for a eligibility letter which we should be getting either Thurs or Fri.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:22 PM

Default musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr North Jersey View Post
Musi is right in one regard if you are due to exhaust whatever Tier you are currently in sometime in December then don't sit here posting questions asking if you qualify as if when we say it must be true.

On the contrary, take yourself over to UI or call them A.S.A.P. before you exhaust your Tier and have someone tell you exactly if and what you do or don't qualify for so you can plan accordingly.

Too many posts here asking vague questions lately about do I qualify or not and the truth is you are better off getting it from the horses mouth especially if your Tier expires in December.
Thank you Mr North Jersey, the reason I told them to wait until they exhaust everything is because if there is a bal UI they will not be able to post funds, and that is the real reason for going because sometimes the funds don't automatically get turned over especially now you have to remember most of us on this thread exhausted all extensions in a row initial claim tier 1 tier 2 EB some of the new people are not going to be eligible for that, so that is why I say go down after you claim your last check and your claim bal is $0 they will turn you away if you have a bal. Been there done that!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment