Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 06:29 PM

217 posts, read 389,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsteward2003 View Post
how can they post money to your acct. if , went you get the eligibility letter they say to notify them if you return back to work?

they can look in the system and see if your SSN come up as employed, you would not get a letter then.
First, it takes awhile for them to do that, they are not a social security office they are an unemployment office.They don't have the same means to see if you are working or not. Second you are suppose to notify them if you find a job. You are making this a little complex then it is. just because the money is in your unemployment account, maybe your thinking bank account I don't know, but if you return to work and you get a check you are suppose to return it anyway, but thats here nor there.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:33 PM

Default musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
In my opinion, anyone who receives this letter is eligible unless they have gone back to work after their EB had exhausted. They just have to confirm whoever they sent the letter to hasn't gone back to work.
And I hope you are a 100% correct, I'm sure all of us hope you are a 100% correct, but there still is that eligibility letter that you do have to receive so everyone needs to be looking out for starting tomorrow!!!!!!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:40 PM

64 posts, read 168,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musi View Post
First, it takes awhile for them to do that, they are not a social security office they are an unemployment office.They don't have the same means to see if you are working or not. Second you are suppose to notify them if you find a job. You are making this a little complex then it is. just because the money is in your unemployment account, maybe your thinking bank account I don't know, but if you return to work and you get a check you are suppose to return it anyway, but thats here nor there.
Actually once your employer files its payroll tax reports you are in the system.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:46 PM

348 posts, read 469,736 times
The way I see it is, if you got the letter your getting the extension, its always been like that. They know you have exhusted or will be exhausting benefits.

Our records indicate that you exhausted all state and federally funded benefits for which you were eligible prior to
the enactment of this legislation. In the coming days, you will receive a monetary determination letter that will
explain your potential additional EUC benefits. You will also receive a seperate certification notice with instructions
on how to continue claiming EUC benefits on the Internet at w w w.njuifile.net or by telephone.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:27 PM

354 posts, read 946,145 times
I know geesh the conversation in here is barely worth getting involved in. All regulars that are in this forum should know by know what is going on with their unemployment and if they are eligible for this latest extension. All that information has been posted on here a million times.

The letter in full reads as follows:

Dear John/Jane Doe

On November 6, 2009, President Obama signed legislation providing additional Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) benefits. The new law provides up to 20 additional weeks of EUC benefits in states with an unemployment rate of 8.5 percent or higher, which includes New Jersey.

You may receive these additional weeks of EUC benefits if you are still unemployed and otherwise eligible for unemployment compensation, and if you exhausted all federally funded extended benefit programs or if you were disqualified from receiving Extended Benefits (EB) due to specific separation issues (such as mis conduct or refusal of suitable work).

Our records indicate that you exhausted all state and federally funded benefits for which you were eligible prior to the enactment of this legislation. In the coming days, you will receive a monetary determination letter that will explain your potential additional EUC benefits. You will also receive a seperate certification notice with instructions on how to continue claiming EUC benefits on the Internet at Your Page Title or by telephone.

The first two weeks of potential eligibility for these additional EUC benefits are the weeks ending November 14, 2009 and November 21, 2009. The date on which you will be able to certify for these first two weeks of additional EUC benefits will be November 25, 2009.

For more information on the additional EUC benefits, please vistit Now Loading... .

PLEASE NOTE You do NOT need to contact the Department of Labor and Workforce Development and you do NOT need to report to a One-Stop Career Center in reference to these additional weeks of benefits; all the information concerning this program will be mailed to you shortly.

Sincerely,
Blah J. Blah
Commissioner

So for those of you that did not get the letter that is exactly word for word what it said.
As far as claiming before the 25th good luck with that one. Your account can say it has so and so funds in it but bottom line is that you cannot claim for weeks that you did not earn. There is a possibility of maybe and I stress the word maybe getting paid earlier if you were to say call in next week and claim for just the week ending November 14th 2009. But you just cannot not claim for time not served. Getting that letter does not ensure we are getting benefits it says in the second paragraph " You may receive these additional weeks of EUC benefits if you are still unemployed AND otherwise ELIGIBLE for UE compensation".

I really hope we all are eligible though I truly do this has been a long time coming for all of us. And I hope as well that the others that are on their first and second extensions are able to get them threw 2010. It would only be right and fair that they get what we all have gotten.

Take Care Guys n Gals

Last edited by shilzz; 11-11-2009 at 07:44 PM..

Old 11-11-2009, 07:47 PM

205 posts, read 389,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr North Jersey View Post
What post confused you to think otherwise?
Jeez, every one of them. I am not going to ask any more questions. I'll wait until I get an eligibility letter. I went through the 2 EUC extensions and my EB was exhausted 3 weeks ago. Maybe I am just frustrated, but it all seems too confusing to me. My head is spinning. LOL. But you Mr North Jersey have helped me a lot.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf4576 View Post
The way I see it is, if you got the letter your getting the extension, its always been like that. They know you have exhusted or will be exhausting benefits.

Our records indicate that you exhausted all state and federally funded benefits for which you were eligible prior to
the enactment of this legislation. In the coming days, you will receive a monetary determination letter that will
explain your potential additional EUC benefits. You will also receive a seperate certification notice with instructions
on how to continue claiming EUC benefits on the Internet at w w w.njuifile.net or by telephone.
I hope you are right. Seems to be the pattern in the past.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilzz View Post
I know geesh the conversation in here is barely worth getting involved in. All regulars that are in this forum should know by know what is going on with their unemployment and if they are eligible for this latest extension. All that information has been posted on here a million times.

The letter in full reads as follows:

Dear John/Jane Doe

On November 6, 2009, President Obama signed legislation providing additional Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) benefits. The new law provides up to 20 additional weeks of EUC benefits in states with an unemployment rate of 8.5 percent or higher, which includes New Jersey.

You may receive these additional weeks of EUC benefits if you are still unemployed and otherwise eligible for unemployment compensation, and if you exhausted all federally funded extended benefit programs or if you were disqualified from receiving Extended Benefits (EB) due to specific separation issues (such as mis conduct or refusal of suitable work).

Our records indicate that you exhausted all state and federally funded benefits for which you were eligible prior to the enactment of this legislation. In the coming days, you will receive a monetary determination letter that will explain your potential additional EUC benefits. You will also receive a seperate certification notice with instructions on how to continue claiming EUC benefits on the Internet at Your Page Title or by telephone.

The first two weeks of potential eligibility for these additional EUC benefits are the weeks ending November 14, 2009 and November 21, 2009. The date on which you will be able to certify for these first two weeks of additional EUC benefits will be November 25, 2009.

For more information on the additional EUC benefits, please vistit Now Loading... .

PLEASE NOTE You do NOT need to contact the Department of Labor and Workforce Development and you do NOT need to report to a One-Stop Career Center in reference to these additional weeks of benefits; all the information concerning this program will be mailed to you shortly.

Sincerely,
Blah J. Blah
Commissioner

So for those of you that did not get the letter that is exactly word for word what it said.
As far as claiming before the 25th good luck with that one. Your account can say it has so and so funds in it but bottom line is that you cannot claim for weeks that you did not earn. There is a possibility of maybe and I stress the word maybe getting paid earlier if you were to say call in next week and claim for just the week ending November 14th 2009. But you just cannot not claim for time not served. Getting that letter does not ensure we are getting benefits it says in the second paragraph " You may receive these additional weeks of EUC benefits if you are still unemployed AND otherwise ELIGIBLE for UE compensation".

I really hope we all are eligible though I truly do this has been a long time coming for all of us. And I hope as well that the others that are on their first and second extensions are able to get them threw 2010. It would only be right and fair that they get what we all have gotten.

Take Care Guys n Gals
Yes, but the key word there is "may"!!!!!

Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 PM

Default musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnte View Post
Actually once your employer files its payroll tax reports you are in the system.
yes you are absolutely correct but in order for ui to see that they have to search it, it isn't something that just pops up on the computer.Frankly it takes awhile before it gets into there system.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:05 PM

354 posts, read 946,145 times
That was exactly my point Kramscout. In the past it has usually worked out but this time around is different. I am not counting any of my chickens until I'm able to call in and when listening to the end of the recording say to me Do you certify that your answers to the proceeding questions are true? And you are aware that the law imposes penalties and fines for false statements. Press 1 for yes press 2 for No. And then it says to me A benefit payment in the amount of 000.00 will be issued on our next buisness day. That is when I will be a very happy man. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment