Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 05:47 AM

244 posts, read 623,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Well now that Davenj2009 has stopped posting for now. It seems that there is another basher trying to get this board shut down.
Let's keep it on topic people...
not for nothing but I am still here so dont get me started by insulting me. you have 56 posts which iv just skimmed thru. I may not be liked much but I did provide a few things at some points that were helpful...or else I wouldnt be getting the personal messages saying to ignore some people and "thanks" for help, etc..

Back off please. I did nothing to you personally and you are attacking so now iv reporting your post. I belive you get 2 chances and you get suspended from posting. If I was so bad, how come my account isn't suspended? ..because, im not doing anything wrong. I was being peaceful and standing on the sideline reading and not bothering anybody until you had to start so now YOU are the trouble maker.

Last edited by davenj2009; 11-13-2009 at 05:55 AM..

Old 11-13-2009, 05:55 AM

23 posts, read 49,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilzz View Post
Musi you CANNOT TELL SOMEONE THAT THEY ARE NOT REALLY SUPPOSED TO BE HERE CAUSE THIS IS A NEW JERSEY FORUM. WHILE I CREATED IT SO THAT PEOPLE IN NEW JERSEY COULD POST INFORMATION AND WE COULD GET IT. ITS A FREE FORUM OPEN TO ANYONE FROM ANYWHERE. IF YOU GO BACK TO THE FIRST 1-10 PAGES SOMEONE SAID THE SAME THING AND THE MODERATOR TAHITI CAME AT SOMEONE TELLING THEM THE SAME EXACT THING AND TOLD US THEM THAT HE WOULD TURN THE LIGHTS OUT ON THIS FORUM IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN AGAIN. AND WOULD YOU BOTH PLEASE JUST DROP IT . JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE AND MOVE ON FROM HERE. ITS NOT WORTH THE AGGRIVATION AND THEN HAVING NO THREAD TO POST IN CAUSE OF THIS SILLINESS. THANKS AND YOU GUYS KEEP THE CONVERSATION POSITIVE AND LETS FOCUS OUR ENERGY ON FINDING NEW INFORMATION FROM NOW ON NOT GOING BACK AND FORTH AT EACH OTHER. THANKS GUYS AND TALK TO YOU SOON. RUNNING OUT FOR INTERVIEW WITH ME LUCK. TAKE CARE
WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!! WELL SAID!!!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2009, 06:06 AM

I think maybe a lot of us are getting confused due to over reading into stff. Let me know if this is correct.

Ok, We ( or most of us) have received that 1st letter that the program was signed by Obama, etc etc and that we will receive another letter with a monetary determination. To my understanding, that is where most of us are up to.

Have any of you actually received that monetary determination letter? I assume it will come right before you have to certify for the 2 weeks they have mentioned. With that said, the monetary determination letter doesn't technically have to come in until just before the 25th, when it is time to claim for those 2 weeks, although it may come much soon. Im still not sure if any of you have received that one.

Also, because this is EUC and not a continuation of EB, perhaps there won't be any more yellow cards to fill out with the searches? I guess for that questions, it is too soon to tell. But then again, being that we have gotten this far into unemployment, perhaps they will keep that requirement. It would only be speculation either way at this point. Even though my EB has recently ran out, im still sending in those searches on the scheduled dates for the heck of it until I know what is going on.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:40 AM

2,111 posts, read 7,965,047 times
On one of my previous extensions, I received a determination letter after my 1st certification, so like I said, things are erratic at unemployment. It meant nothing to me as long as I knew when to certify, that's when the check is issued.

With EB, I never received a qualification letter as most did, but I was in the system, qualified, and did certify on time.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:45 AM

46 posts, read 78,254 times
Default Are Tier 1 benefits check amount same as current claim?

Does your Tier 1, Tier 2, or EB benefits check amount change up/down than your regular weekly claim amount?

Old 11-13-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjfighter73 View Post
Does your Tier 1, Tier 2, or EB benefits check amount change up/down than your regular weekly claim amount?

My amount stayed the same throughout the original claim, tiers and eb.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
On one of my previous extensions, I received a determination letter after my 1st certification, so like I said, things are erratic at unemployment. It meant nothing to me as long as I knew when to certify, that's when the check is issued.

With EB, I never received a qualification letter as most did, but I was in the system, qualified, and did certify on time.
Thanks for that clarification Taurus. I guess what you mean is that we should just certify on the day that the NJ website said to (the 25th).

When I received my last EB check, it of course did not say the next time to certify since the balance was 0. Yesterday would have been my scheduled day I should have went online and certified (had there been a balance). Is there any truth to the statement that some people have said to " try to certify anyway...to stay in the "system" ? I saw no point of attempting to do so yesterday. I recall reading that those who expired EB much earlier have been attempting to certify ever 2 weeks even though they ran out to stay in the "system" like I mentioned but I think that is pointless. I just follow what the letters say to do. My last check didnt say to do anything so I haven't. Id like some feedback on this though.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:09 AM

15 posts, read 29,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj2009 View Post
I think maybe a lot of us are getting confused due to over reading into stff. Let me know if this is correct.

Ok, We ( or most of us) have received that 1st letter that the program was signed by Obama, etc etc and that we will receive another letter with a monetary determination. To my understanding, that is where most of us are up to.

Have any of you actually received that monetary determination letter? I assume it will come right before you have to certify for the 2 weeks they have mentioned. With that said, the monetary determination letter doesn't technically have to come in until just before the 25th, when it is time to claim for those 2 weeks, although it may come much soon. Im still not sure if any of you have received that one.

Also, because this is EUC and not a continuation of EB, perhaps there won't be any more yellow cards to fill out with the searches? I guess for that questions, it is too soon to tell. But then again, being that we have gotten this far into unemployment, perhaps they will keep that requirement. It would only be speculation either way at this point. Even though my EB has recently ran out, im still sending in those searches on the scheduled dates for the heck of it until I know what is going on.
I have not received the second monetary determination letter yet. My EB ran out the end of Sept. How are u sending in those work searches? Are u just using regular paper? I hope we didn't have to continue with that.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:16 AM

51 posts, read 173,783 times
Quote:
Thanks for that clarification Taurus. I guess what you mean is that we should just certify on the day that the NJ website said to (the 25th).

When I received my last EB check, it of course did not say the next time to certify since the balance was 0. Yesterday would have been my scheduled day I should have went online and certified (had there been a balance). Is there any truth to the statement that some people have said to " try to certify anyway...to stay in the "system" ? I saw no point of attempting to do so yesterday. I recall reading that those who expired EB much earlier have been attempting to certify ever 2 weeks even though they ran out to stay in the "system" like I mentioned but I think that is pointless. I just follow what the letters say to do. My last check didnt say to do anything so I haven't. Id like some feedback on this though.
I am in the EB checks now, and your checks won't say anything on them...hell, I only even found out I was eligible for EB because I called the UI office for something else. Just keep calling in on your regular day, or take the jump and sit on hold with unemployment for an hour to ask...

There's one thing I've learned living down here (in Alabama, trying to figure out WHY we left NJ)--do NOT tell folks you get unemployment from another state. They automatically assume you are committing fraud and don't understand what an "interstate claim" is...

Old 11-13-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:

It's not what I meant.........I received my letter to certify before my determination but that was a fluke. I wouldn't certify without a certification letter. I didn't receive the EB qualification letter, but as stated, I called Unemployment.

You can ask for suggestions, opinions etc on here but if you qualify for something and you can't proceed, I'm in favor of calling or actually going in person to unemployment. No one on here can rectify what UI Office can fix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment