Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 PM

9 posts, read 17,939 times

Advertisements

Sorry for the double post.

Dear John/Jane Doe

On November 6, 2009, President Obama signed legislation providing additional Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) benefits. The new law provides up to 20 additional weeks of EUC benefits in states with an unemployment rate of 8.5 percent or higher, which includes New Jersey.

You may receive these additional weeks of EUC benefits if you are still unemployed and otherwise eligible for unemployment compensation, and if you exhausted all federally funded extended benefit programs or if you were disqualified from receiving Extended Benefits (EB) due to specific separation issues (such as mis conduct or refusal of suitable work).

Our records indicate that you exhausted all state and federally funded benefits for which you were eligible prior to the enactment of this legislation. In the coming days, you will receive a monetary determination letter that will explain your potential additional EUC benefits. You will also receive a seperate certification notice with instructions on how to continue claiming EUC benefits on the Internet at Your Page Title or by telephone.

The first two weeks of potential eligibility for these additional EUC benefits are the weeks ending November 14, 2009 and November 21, 2009. The date on which you will be able to certify for these first two weeks of additional EUC benefits will be November 25, 2009.

For more information on the additional EUC benefits, please vistit Now Loading... .

PLEASE NOTE You do NOT need to contact the Department of Labor and Workforce Development and you do NOT need to report to a One-Stop Career Center in reference to these additional weeks of benefits; all the information concerning this program will be mailed to you shortly.

Sincerely,
Blah J. Blah
Commissioner
This is exactly what the letter says,Originally Posted by shilzz

Old 11-12-2009, 03:53 PM

61 posts, read 118,209 times
Thx NJUNEMPLOYED for that post... Don't kno what we'd do without u..

Old 11-12-2009, 05:04 PM

170 posts, read 330,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yannataylor View Post
I've been browsing through the thread but I haven't found anyone that has received their letter yet and today is Thursday. Does anyone know of anyone that has received their letter? Thanks.

I haven't received the letter yet...........

Old 11-12-2009, 05:07 PM

12 posts, read 21,262 times
Thanks so much for letting me know. I was getting a little ansy ;-)

Old 11-12-2009, 05:36 PM

354 posts, read 946,713 times
I got my letter that NJDOL said they would be sending out on Nov. 9th 2009. The letter does say that we will be getting instructions on what else to do. Well here is a portion of the letter I posted yesterday. " You will also receive a seperate certification notice with instructions on how to continue claiming EUC benefits on the Internet at Your Page Title or by telephone ".

That certification notice I did not receive but I am sure that it is on its way here. Just a matter of days now. I'm not sure what letter yannataylor you are referring to the initial letter that most have gotten yet or the one I just listed above. If you did get your second letter since this extension has been passed (I'm sure I speak for a large group of people here) what does it say? Thanx.

And hey Musi nobody said for you to go. We all get into it from time to time. Its just being able to know when its getting out of hand and letting go. Bygones to Bygones

Old 11-12-2009, 05:39 PM

205 posts, read 389,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musi View Post
actually, i hope your forum really gets shut down. You are really all a bunch of judgemental *******s. Mr new jersey who the hell do you think you are with your little sarcastic remarks who died and said you were so smart. And lynnte before you start teliing me what to do go put some panties on you nasty ***** byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Now THAT wasn't nice.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:41 PM

114 posts, read 248,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf4576 View Post
I guess that we kind of feel good that we both didn't get it, because if one of us did, oh oh. Then the brain starts doing jumping jacks lol
Hi, I'm sorry you have to wait..nerve-wracking I'm sure. You're talking about first letter and not the determination/certification one correct?? I'm in essex county also and got mine tues. I'm not telling you this to make you feel worse but just in case (and I hope I'm wrong) it doesn't come tomorrow I'd call our reg office tomorrow. This way you don't worry yourself sick all weekend .. I haven't called them in the past 2-3 weeks but prior believe me the wait is not bad at all. Unless you gave opportunity to get down there (bloomfield is my closest) I've always waited under half hour on phone--worth the peace of mine....hope this is a mute point post and your mailman has it fri! You know holidays mess up the mail «« btw my daughter mailed me something from nc almost 2 wks ago and again a card on sat both from POST OFFICES: should take 3 or 4 days nothing yet! carrier and po office say be patient & wait w holiday & all »» Good luck and
Good luck ALL!!! )

Old 11-12-2009, 06:43 PM

Moot point not mute point lol

Old 11-12-2009, 07:12 PM

348 posts, read 470,794 times
Default letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnbreaker View Post
Hi, I'm sorry you have to wait..nerve-wracking I'm sure. You're talking about first letter and not the determination/certification one correct?? I'm in essex county also and got mine tues. I'm not telling you this to make you feel worse but just in case (and I hope I'm wrong) it doesn't come tomorrow I'd call our reg office tomorrow. This way you don't worry yourself sick all weekend .. I haven't called them in the past 2-3 weeks but prior believe me the wait is not bad at all. Unless you gave opportunity to get down there (bloomfield is my closest) I've always waited under half hour on phone--worth the peace of mine....hope this is a mute point post and your mailman has it fri! You know holidays mess up the mail «« btw my daughter mailed me something from nc almost 2 wks ago and again a card on sat both from POST OFFICES: should take 3 or 4 days nothing yet! carrier and po office say be patient & wait w holiday & all »» Good luck and
Good luck ALL!!! )
Yes the first letter came on Tues. It should be a couple of days for monetary letter. The bloomfield office has closed you now have to go down to East Orange.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf4576 View Post
Yes the first letter came on Tues. It should be a couple of days for monetary letter. The bloomfield office has closed you now have to go down to East Orange.
Oh..I misunderstood but better you have it. Don't think lots of us have received the monetary determination just yet.. "OH NO!!" about that bloomfield office- it would get busy but was small.. East Orange is a such a long-haul for me. Lucky to have wheels but gas on ol jeep is hardship...please, have you been and know if it's a zoo to boot.(i.e. huge/packed) ? Hope I never have to go there..thanks!! & ..
Good Luck ALL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment