Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 08:54 PM

217 posts, read 389,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr North Jersey View Post
Well clearly you don't comprehend what is being told to you so in my personal experience I have learned on this forum when it is time to say let it go cause your wasting your time and right now is that moment again where I will just let it go cause I see I am wasting my time.
Please, don't tell me I don't comprehend something Frankly you have been on this thread longer then anyone why havent you come up with all the answers to these questions yet?????

Old 11-11-2009, 09:07 PM

64 posts, read 168,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musi View Post
LYNNTE, I asked you a question I am still waiting for an answer.
Well, I most certainly hope you werent holding your breath, because I don't answer to your command or call.

My point is this, although anyone seeking information from a forum should be well aware that posts are usually influenced by opinion and contain bias, they don't always realize it. Therefore one should also be careful not to speak as an authority on a topic.

The unemployment and extension topic is sensitive. People's lives are being deeply affected and therefore often the people that are new here have no earthly idea what to do, think, and/or expect.

So, feel free to stand up, give a good yank on the ol' panties but please don't yell down the forum to get my attention, it's uncouth.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:30 PM

205 posts, read 389,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilzz View Post
That was exactly my point Kramscout. In the past it has usually worked out but this time around is different. I am not counting any of my chickens until I'm able to call in and when listening to the end of the recording say to me Do you certify that your answers to the proceeding questions are true? And you are aware that the law imposes penalties and fines for false statements. Press 1 for yes press 2 for No. And then it says to me A benefit payment in the amount of 000.00 will be issued on our next buisness day. That is when I will be a very happy man. LOL

LOL, me too Shilzz!!! Well, woman in my case.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
LoL and the merry go round goes round and round some more watch.

So the question is are you 2 of those 3 if's?

If you are then your "may" becomes a "will".

LoL
LMAO, you are so right!

Old 11-11-2009, 09:35 PM

702 posts, read 1,571,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramscout View Post
LOL, me too Shilzz!!! Well, woman in my case.
Its funny how one imagines a person's gender strictly by their name.

I just recently became aware that stevemorse is actually a female who knew? LoL

Old 11-11-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Its funny how one imagines a person's gender strictly by their name.

I just recently became aware that stevemorse is actually a female who knew? LoL
Good point, I thought Steve was a guy also. My name is Kathy, The name Kramscout, is the name I came about when I combined my parrots name Kramer and my dogs name Scout. LOL. I am assuming that you are a guy.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 PM

702 posts, read 1,571,955 times
Quote:
Good point, I thought Steve was a guy also. My name is Kathy, The name Kramscout, is the name I came about when I combined my parrots name Kramer and my dogs name Scout. LOL. I am assuming that you are a guy.
LOL last I checked Yes

Old 11-11-2009, 10:17 PM

48 posts, read 150,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Definca View Post
NJperson, there is an update from NELP here that you might want to read. Yes there is an issue with the dates and time lines for the 20 weeks.

Here's the NELP update on benefits and how it is all taking place.

http://nelp.3cdn.net/92cd8ffd04881b449a_w4m6iiwvg.pdf

Here is a (snip) from the article about the dates, what needs to happen, etc.

5. Question: What is going to happen to jobless workers that have only started their
extensions and have not yet exhausted benefits?
Answer: Congress must extend the Emergency Unemployment Compensation program
prior to the end of 2009 to ensure that all jobless workers can be paid the additional weeks
of EUC now provided under the November 2009 extensions. Under current laws, including
the latest extension, a maximum of 73 extension weeks are payable in high unemployment
states. Lower unemployment levels and different Extended Benefits trigger options mean
that some states have as few as 34 extension weeks available. This table shows the total
weeks of extensions available in each state: National Employment Law Project
UI/federal.extensions.by.state.pdf?nocdn=1.
At the same time as these weeks of extensions are potentially payable, the existing
Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) program is only fully in place until the end
of calendar year 2009 under current law. EUC starts phasing out on December 27, 2009,
with final EUC payments taking place the week of May 31, 2010 under existing law.
Generally, this means that after December 26th, claimants cannot qualify for a new tier of
EUC beyond whatever tier they are collecting under at that time.
For this reason, EUC must be reauthorized by Congress before the end of 2009 or jobless
workers running out of benefits in late 2009 and 2010 will not receive the total number of
weeks of extensions in 2010 now offered under the latest extension bill. NELP and its allies
will post updates on this effort soon.
Thanks Definca! This update is exactly what I was trying to find. Thanks for answering.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 PM

41 posts, read 125,604 times
Quote:
I hope you are right. Seems to be the pattern in the past.
what always happened to me was, i got the letter stating i was eligible for the extension. then i got a determination letter stating how much i would get. then i got the call in letter. i think they just determine how much you get when they send out that letter, i could be wrong, won't be the 1st time

Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 PM

48 posts, read 150,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koalabear View Post
I did not receive a letter today, I run out of EB on 11/14. There is no mail tomorrow. But I live out in the country in Warren County.

I believe the problem with the six additional weeks was reported earlier here in an article from Orange County, California and on the CA website, not in NJ. Each state has unique issues and handles this situation differently. Although the six weeks is identified as a separate tier which is a technical issue, I would trust what the NELP says relating to the grandfather clause as the two tiers were enacted on the same bill. I wouldn't worry about that. But I wish I had my letter today.
Thanks for the answer Koala!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.