Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 11:00 AM

64 posts, read 168,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf4576 View Post
Plus they were closed yesterday correct?
I'm not in NJ but yes, our local office was closed for Veterans Day.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:06 AM

23 posts, read 49,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr North Jersey View Post
I don't get it why the hostility?

I'm simply stating a fact that you may not be aware of.

You can't wait for hours ok. You'd rather just hope that what someone says here is true ok. What will you do if God forbid you don't hear from Trenton then? You don't have the hours to spare to call much less go down to your local UI office as you have stated. Your willing to risk waiting till you have exhausted your benefits to find out that a post here was wrong?

No hostility, just doing what others do on here when they dont like a post or a question.

I apologize, its been tough that's all and just looking to see if others are in the same boat as i am and yes obviously I can call Unemployment.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:10 AM

23 posts, read 49,745 times
Quote:
Plus they were closed yesterday correct?
I wonder if it goes by counties?

Old 11-12-2009, 11:55 AM

205 posts, read 389,227 times
Quote:
I guess that we kind of feel good that we both didn't get it, because if one of us did, oh oh. Then the brain starts doing jumping jacks lol
Exactly, and all the government offices were closed yesterday. Maybe tomorrow or Monday.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:06 PM

217 posts, read 389,428 times
Default musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilzz View Post
what did u guys think I was before I mentioned my gender quite some time ago? Male or Female? I thought Mr. New Jersey was a widowed 82 yr. old Woman from Paramus. LOL kidding.
We should just do an Age/Sex/Location check in here. LOL That doesn't matter another well thought out joke by yours truely.

Yeah and LOL Kramscout.

So back to the topic at hand. Just curious? How is it that you get to see what the Man or Woman at the UE office Musi has on their computer? I never have been able to see any information on the computer. When I go to there I have to go to the counter and they look it up for me. But there is no way to see the computer screen. Frankly I would think that is against regulations. If they did that then everyone would want to see. Where would it end. It would just make their jobs that much more of a pain in the A$$ then it already is. What office to you go to? Maybe its different then my office but I would think they are all pretty much uniform and set up the same way as the next. Just my thoughts don't be hate-in on me YO. LOL
God if i have to watch any more of these kids toddler shows I am going to go nuts today.

12 reasons unemployment is going to (at least) 12 percent link to the article: James Pethokoukis » Blog Archive » 12 reasons unemployment is going to (at least) 12 percent | Blogs |

New York Times Blames Workers for Unemployment? Unbelievable !!!! Les Leopold: New York Times Blames Workers for Unemployment?
We just recently got a counter out ui office just consisted of 4 cubicles and when they called your number you went in and sat at the desk with the worker, and she kindly showed me the screen, now it is like that with the counter thing because our ui took over a big furniture store that went out of business, but even then my girl lets me see all my stuff when I go theres nothing for her to hide she simply turns the screen my way so I can understand what is going on.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:12 PM

Default musi

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsriff View Post
Thanks Musi, but i get so iritated when I ask a simple question and it gets followed by "please go back a couple of posts before asking questions alot of questions have been answered a couple of times, you don't have to go back far may just back to 320" When mean while when i TRY TO GO BACK ON POSTS TO GET MY ANSSWERS I HAVE TO SURF THROUGH MANY POSTS OF BICKERING BY PEOPLE WITH ATTITUDES! How is it its ok to BICKER and BANTER back and forth on this post but its not ok to ask a simple question. FYI, I try to follow as best as I can but my son who has CP was just recently admittied to the HOspital .

Not that anyone cares but I thougth I would throw that out there so no one thinks Im lazy to look up my own answer.
that is why I simply said for everyone to go back as far as post 320 know one is asking you to go back and read through the whole forum. I have a son that passed away, not that it's anyones business and sweetie I'm angry to, but you still got to keep moving forward, been there done that but getting mad at me isn't your answer.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:17 PM

348 posts, read 469,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musi View Post
We just recently got a counter out ui office just consisted of 4 cubicles and when they called your number you went in and sat at the desk with the worker, and she kindly showed me the screen, now it is like that with the counter thing because our ui took over a big furniture store that went out of business, but even then my girl lets me see all my stuff when I go theres nothing for her to hide she simply turns the screen my way so I can understand what is going on.
Samething here, I go to the East Orange office

Old 11-12-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnte View Post
Well, I most certainly hope you werent holding your breath, because I don't answer to your command or call.

My point is this, although anyone seeking information from a forum should be well aware that posts are usually influenced by opinion and contain bias, they don't always realize it. Therefore one should also be careful not to speak as an authority on a topic.

The unemployment and extension topic is sensitive. People's lives are being deeply affected and therefore often the people that are new here have no earthly idea what to do, think, and/or expect.

So, feel free to stand up, give a good yank on the ol' panties but please don't yell down the forum to get my attention, it's uncouth.
Lynnte, first of all you give you panties a good yank and second you are worrying about my blanket statments and my opinions when honestly you shouldn't be this is a New Jersey thread why don't you start your own thread for your state, and after you go do that put a blanket on that statement along with the letter you still haven't received in the mail.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:30 PM

FYI,
My nephew hasn't received any UI since july because they denied him EB, and he received his letter today.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:39 PM

348 posts, read 469,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musi View Post
FYI,
My nephew hasn't received any UI since july because they denied him EB, and he received his letter today.

Congrads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment