Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 09:17 AM

14 posts, read 71,762 times

Advertisements

ok, EDD just called me in regards to my call on Sat..

The reason my check is on hold is because they are asking for the check stubs that I worked as a temp in June 09. I mailed 2 check stubs which equals to 1100.00.. They said I would qualify for a new claim if I made 1300.00 .. Now, I'm missing another check stub which would equal 1500.00. But I can't find it.. Can I send a W-2 form instead if I can't get in touch my company as I think they closed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 09:43 AM

32 posts, read 181,347 times
Well you guys I guess all we can do is wait. Again what is confusing for me is that I got both the 1277 (first) and then the new award info. I will be mailing the new continued claim form today and I will see if I get a check or not as that is all I can do at this point except try and sit on the phone for a rep. I feel like they wouldn't have sent me the new award info if it wasn't true because I did have income in the previous 12 months which was over $1300. Sigh, who knows. I will keep you both updated as to whether I get a check or not based on the new award info. Born Slippy - Good luck on the job interview tomorrow!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:49 AM

thanks Angela.. I've been rehearsing l.o.l..

Old 04-20-2010, 11:13 AM

Bornslippy - I mail claim forms on Mondays and have a check by Thursday unless my mailman is a sub. How did your interview go and what was it for?

Old 04-20-2010, 08:41 PM

The interview was in Vernon and I never been there ever before.. I like the manager who I'll be working for .. It lasted about 30 minutes with a tour of the company.. The pay is fine.. We'll see. It's doing purchasing and overseeing this paper dept. Thanks for asking Angela.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:03 AM

Mark,

Glad the interview went well.....Did you get the job? As for me, nothing yet on the "new" award. Sent in the claim form and so far nothing. This Monday coming up is my regular week to send in my claim form for my extension so we shall see and like you my mortgage is due and so far it doesn't look like it's getting paid till May, sigh. Hang in there....

Old 04-25-2010, 09:10 PM

I'm thinking of you Angela.. That everything will be ok and you sleep good at night..

Me? I called on Fri to see any updates while at the same time not act too desparate(even though I need the job). She said, to come in again for a second interview this Tues with the owner.. Yayy..

AS far as my unemployment goes.. I'm glad things are straightened out.. I receive my late check.. Perfect time for rent and grocery.. I could not sleep last week, my heart was pounding, felt very anxious, my mind was going everywhere.. It wasn't fun worrying about money, rent, wife, food, transportation, etc.. I never prayed soo much in my life l.o.l.. I know the heavens heard ..

Let's think about this for a moment.. If I was laid off in India or Africa or any of those 3rd world countries and there was no Unemployment? Knock on wood but I'm grateful for our nation that I get help on this while I search extensively.

M.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:00 AM

[quote=bornslippy;13902687]

we'll see tomorrow..

Old 04-26-2010, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,900 times
I was hoping someone could shed of light on my situation.

I'm in CA. I original filed for UIB 04/06/08 and have continuously received weekly claimant forms and checks up until 03/26/10. During that time, I never recieved any letters or calls for EDD whatsoever- only claimant forms & checks. Obviously I've had some extensions but I don't how many or what is meant when others state their "tier."

After 2 weeks of not recieving any checks, I called EDD to find out what, if any, problem was going on with my UIB. The rep that answered looked up my file and said the reason I hadn't recieve the check was because my benefit year ended and I needed to file a new claim.

I asked what happens to the amount still left in the account the that claim and he said the amount left will continue to come to me until depleted so I should expect checks for each of the weeks the account could afford to issue.

I went ahead and file for a new claim with him. He then said the check I had been expecting for the periods ending 03/27/10 & 04/03/10 would be released and mailed out that day.

Two days later I called the system and no check had been sent out. It still referenced the check I received 03/26/10 for the period ending 03/20/10.

I immediately called the office back and was told I needed to file for a new claim. Then the rep quickly said "oh" you have a telephone interview on 4/21/10 and a check can't be mailed out to you until the interview is conducted, and until then my account is essential frozen. I told the rep I did not know of the interview and he said, we'll be sending you that letter today 4/15/10.

The letter received is only a 1 sheet piece of paper and had the heading "Additional Instructions." That was followed by a 2 sentence paragraph saying I am potentially eligible for a new claim effective 04/04/10, please provide my last employer's information.

On 4/21/10 I got the call from EDD. The rep immediately began by asking if I worked. I did work the last quarter of 2009 but did not report it because I thought wages earned while employed by a school is considered school wages and therefore does not count towards UIB.

The rep informed me that was not true and proceeded by asking me to provide my wages for each of the weeks I was employed. We were paid monthly and there is no detail as to how many hours a week or wages earned per week on any stubs. The rep got mad and hissed to divide each monthly stub in 4. He then asked if I had the number to payroll and district offices.

After doing some calculating, he said it looked like I wouldn't have been eligible to recieve UIB. He said he would have to calculate the numbers and I would recieve a letter of determination within 5 days.

My wages from the school only amounted to $2600 so though I wouldn't have been eligible for a couple weeks in that time period, which wouldn't be a biggie to have to payback or file for a hardship waiver.

On 4/24/10 I recieved a NOTICE OF UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE CLAIM FILED with a benefit start date of 04/11/10. It proceed to list my employer used on the original claim in 2008, and not the school. It said if not heard back within 10 days, the office would assume all the information was correct. In that same envelope was the notice of award letter. That listed the school district and its wages and calculated my UIB using those numbers.

It also had a line that said AWARD WITHOUT SCHOOL WAGES MAXIMUM BENEFIT AMOUNT $0. WEEKLY BENEFIT AMOUNT $0. (Though it did list a separate weekly benefit amount two lines up based off the school wages).
That same day I also recieve a new claimant form but without a check for the periods ending 04/17/10 and 04/24/10.

Today I recieve TELEPHONE INTERVIEW NOTIFICATION for 04/30/10. Now I'm completely confused as to whats going on and the reps I've spoken to since seem as confused as I am and have said to wait for the telephone interviewer to explain. They also said no checks could be mailed to me until the interview was conducted.

Anyone have a similiar story?? Anyone have any idea what I may be in store for?

Old 04-28-2010, 11:54 AM

Ripper77 - No advice, just wanted to wish you good luck. Everyone has similar stories, EDD is confusing everyone at this point and everyone's outcome is different. At least you are getting telephone interviews. I received a notice 1277 (invalid claim) and a new claim award in the same week and no one can help me explain either.

Just wanted to let everyone know my updated situation. Even though I received both the 1277 notice and a "new claim award" I only received my usual check (from 2nd extension) so it appears that the 1277 was correct in my case and I AM not eligible for any new awards. I really wish they would not send both out as it is very confusing to everyone. I am still on my 2nd tier of benefits (until June 6th) and hoping they extend the extension deadlines as no job opportunities at this time still. Mark, good luck on the 2nd interview, hope you nail it. I'm still stressing out over here, but thank you for thinking of me! I know what you mean about rent and groceries. I have to wait until tomorrow (when my check arrives) to go buy milk, how sad is that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment