U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2012, 05:12 PM
 
Location: home...finally, home .
8,176 posts, read 17,980,053 times
Reputation: 17568

Advertisements

Does anyone else watch this show? Teresa seems so real & I would love to believe in her, but I guess my natural skeptism is just too strong. What do you think?
__________________
******************


People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2012, 12:50 AM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,323,742 times
Reputation: 6929
I've never seen that show so I can't make an observation as to whether or not she's genuine.

In general, I have a very low opinion of "tele-psychics". It's an ethical issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 12:53 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
15,666 posts, read 22,699,007 times
Reputation: 17382
IMO shes real, and the gift couldn't have been given to a better person.

She certainly has no problem getting the message out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 07:56 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 10,207,011 times
Reputation: 12496
I watched the entire first two seasons on YouTube and was completely convinced that she's the real deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 07:58 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 10,207,011 times
Reputation: 12496
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I've never seen that show so I can't make an observation as to whether or not she's genuine.

In general, I have a very low opinion of "tele-psychics". It's an ethical issue.
What I like about Teresa is that she doesn't restrict her gift to $500 sessions. She goes up to people in the street and reads them for free. She pretty much uses her gift 24/7. If she goes to the grocery store and another shopper's late father wants to get a message through, she'll go up to that woman without charging a dime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 07:59 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 10,207,011 times
Reputation: 12496

L.I.M season 1 episode 1 no turning off - YouTube

Here's the first episode. You can find the rest of the series from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 08:22 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,002,466 times
Reputation: 11862
My natural cynicism regarding reality TV will probably bias any opinion I have of her from the start. From watching the first episode it's nothing but the usual techniques used by so-called psychics. Real or not, I find the show a bit of a snooze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 08:26 AM
 
18,856 posts, read 30,377,171 times
Reputation: 25981
I am a skeptic on these folks. But my friend is a believer in psychics. Although, once I went to a psychic who was spot on about a lot of things that occurred in my life after seeing her. This psychic predicted I would date a man with dark hair who owned a truck...and several of my next BF fit that exact description...oddly enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 11:37 AM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,323,742 times
Reputation: 6929
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
What I like about Teresa is that she doesn't restrict her gift to $500 sessions. She goes up to people in the street and reads them for free. She pretty much uses her gift 24/7. If she goes to the grocery store and another shopper's late father wants to get a message through, she'll go up to that woman without charging a dime.
I watched the first show. Loved it! Thanks for the link.

She's like John Edwards on speed. . Yeah, I think she's genuine. The jury's still out on the rest of them though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 09:07 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,002,466 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am a skeptic on these folks. But my friend is a believer in psychics. Although, once I went to a psychic who was spot on about a lot of things that occurred in my life after seeing her. This psychic predicted I would date a man with dark hair who owned a truck...and several of my next BF fit that exact description...oddly enough.
Honestly? Where do you live?

In Texas most men would fit that description.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top