Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 06:26 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,962,528 times

Advertisements

Silver, money, energy drinks, tools, guns, and appliances have all proven very attractive to thieves.

A single guy living in two different places is pretty attractive to criminals. The human race is often quite opportunistic.

Now we have passed laws that allow police to steal more than ordinary criminals through civil asset forfeiture. Government = biggest crook of them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 11:46 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Happens to me a lot, put something down and come back sometime later and its not there its just gone come back sometime later and its sitting there right where i left it, it happens so often i just refer to it as dimensional shifting
There is a portal to the other dimension in purses, too. You can be looking for something, dump out the entire contents of the purse, sift through everything, but your item is gone.

An hour later, open the purse--it's right on top. That has baffled me for years.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:00 PM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
I thought I lost my library card today but it was just a case of "I thought of a clever place to keep it" and then forgot.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:52 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,657 times
Some of those disappearances could be pranks of elementals. Yeah, I know the Wiki says elementals are mythic beings. But all the occult sources around the globe are affirming that they all (gnoms, undines, sylphs, salamanders) are real and are invisible to our eyes and undefinable by our advanced devices an objective energy substance of nature. It is very rare occassion when they use telekinesis and teleportation. Some knowledgeable wizards and witches can work with them and use their force. But it is very unsafe and dangerous for the surrounding people' health.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:03 PM

551 posts, read 582,486 times
I've not been able to explain this one.

This was a few months ago. I was looking for a pair of earrings I kept on my dresser. I have a little metal jewelry holder and generally keep things tucked in or around it, it's a little messy but not terribly so. Anyway, I found one of the earrings in question. Could not find the other. I spent around an HOUR looking for it. I cleared OFF the entire dresser top, poured out the contents of the jewelry holder, poured out the contents of another odds & ends holder, searched all the drawers, under the dresser, behind the dresser, under the bed, and so on. It became such that I was no longer looking for the earring as much as I was totally frustrated by the fact it wasn't there, and I had worn the pair not long before.

Finally I gave up, setting the one earring I had on my nightstand. Figured it must have slipped off the dresser into a laundry basket and got carried away.

I forgot about it until an evening (I believe a couple of weeks later) I was pulling another item out of the jewelry holder and...saw the earring I'd searched for sitting there, on the dresser, besides the holder. Right where it should have been. The match remained where I'd left it on the nightstand. I'd cleared off and torn through EVERY ITEM on the dresser..there's no way I could have missed it! I thought maybe my daughter was pranking me but she had forgotten I'd even looked for it. Had no idea what I was on about.

Tell me how this is possible.. I have no explanation.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:00 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There is a portal to the other dimension in purses, too. You can be looking for something, dump out the entire contents of the purse, sift through everything, but your item is gone.

An hour later, open the purse--it's right on top. That has baffled me for years.
Wow! You got one of those special purses too!!

I put money in mine and by day's end its gone! Dern those purse gremlins

Old 07-31-2016, 07:13 AM

123 posts, read 84,273 times
Earrings.

I bought several moderately expensive pairs. I bought one very inexpensive pair.

The inexpensive pair is the only set which has never had one of the two go missing. Needless to say, the inexpensive pair are the only earrings that I can wear.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:21 AM

622 posts, read 409,916 times
My sister in law is South Asian. She bought some cosmetic jewellery when she was last in India. It looked shiny and beautiful. She also had some jewellery that was 22 ct gold in the house that had lost its lustre.

Their house was burglarized and and they took all the cosmetic jewellery and left the genuine gold behind!

Old 08-21-2016, 07:46 PM

12,807 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Found my deodorant on top of my closet shelf once.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:36 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
One of the knobs off my oven clock disappeared once. I never found it. Just recently I lost a ring. I knew exactly where I took it off, but it wasn't in the ringholder right near there (in the bathroom). I moved everything on the shelf the ringholder was on and it wasn't there. I searched the bathroom, fished around in the sink drain, then searched the entire house and finally decided the ring was gone for good. The next day I went to grab a ponytail holder and there was the ring, on that shelf that I had cleared the day before. Right between the box of ponytail holders and my ringholder.

Several years ago a belt just appeared in my closet. I know I've never had a white belt let alone a fancy one like that. I can't remember details, but I've had several other items show up with me thinking where did THAT come from??? I never had one of those!

The only thing thats never been messed with is food. Never found something I never recall buying, nor lost a food item that I KNOW was there.

I live alone. Used to have cats but the only thing they stole were pens and pencils which I recovered a couple times a year when I cleaned under the fridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal