Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 04:13 PM

2,462 posts, read 2,480,403 times

Advertisements

I hate to speak ill of the dead, but she was nothing but a charlatan. I read several accounts of her so-called psychic ability after she failed to find a person who turned up missing. Sadly, she took money from the victim's family for the so-called reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 06:22 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
I've never read any of her books. I have the same ability ( but different in some way) but I can tell you this. There is no way anyone can handle that many deceased people, coming through. I have come across a few and it knocked me down for weeks. At times when I have that psychic stuff.. it will turn my brain inside out.. because for number one, I am not suppose to know half of what I know. Number two, it's against the universal laws ( some of it, is a very fine line that you don't cross) And number three, you can't interpret it that fast because some things haven't happened yet.

I probably should read one of her books to see what she is talking about.

Edit: I am still pretty speechless over something I encountered two week ago and posted about. Now, I know what it meant, but I didn't at the time.

Some of that crap drives me insane... because there is nothing I can do with knowing about it. I can't change it.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 08-26-2014 at 06:34 PM..

Old 08-26-2014, 06:50 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I've never read any of her books. I have the same ability ( but different in some way) but I can tell you this. There is no way anyone can handle that many deceased people, coming through. I have come across a few and it knocked me down for weeks. At times when I have that psychic stuff.. it will turn my brain inside out.. because for number one, I am not suppose to know half of what I know. Number two, it's against the universal laws ( some of it, is a very fine line that you don't cross) And number three, you can't interpret it that fast because some things haven't happened yet.

I probably should read one of her books to see what she is talking about.

Edit: I am still pretty speechless over something I encountered two week ago and posted about. Now, I know what it meant, but I didn't at the time.

Some of that crap drives me insane... because there is nothing I can do with knowing about it. I can't change it.
watch or read john edward,
he is awesome

Old 08-26-2014, 07:03 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
watch or read john edward,
he is awesome
I saw him on TV when he was on. I always wanted to go to one of his shows because I thought it would be cool but I already knew that I would never be called on. ( lol) Or he would never pick-up on my relatives. ( For number, they are not that forward) Kind of a 'blind' bunch when it comes to the afterlife. ( Except my dad's mother) Oh, she should have been an ordained minister!! When I was small-- she knew something was up.( With me) She saw something in me that scared her.. but you can bet your bottom dollar that when her baby was near death.. to heck with all the books and binders! She knew exactly where to go when her baby was in trouble!!

( So, it worked.. but she knew when I was a kid that I was different and then she used it, in an emergency) Oh.. and she wasn't gentle either..Right

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 08-26-2014 at 07:14 PM..

Old 08-26-2014, 07:40 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,578,096 times
Go to youtube, there are plenty of her wrong predictions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67nnkxSzSYg

That guy, Montel Williams, is even worse.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:50 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,614 times
Maybe she did have some gift at some point, I have no idea, but I never liked her. I would not be interested in reading any of her books, and personally would not believe anything she wrote. I think she was more interested in fame and making money than anything else.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:03 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
I hate to speak ill of the dead, but she was nothing but a charlatan. I read several accounts of her so-called psychic ability after she failed to find a person who turned up missing. Sadly, she took money from the victim's family for the so-called reading.
I remember that. That was Shawn Hornbeck case. I saw the program where she told his parents that their son was dead. Turned out he was alive but was held captive for a time. That was quite a blunder.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:47 PM

19,722 posts, read 20,250,128 times
I own one book, "Lessons for Life". The only reason I have it & read it is because it belonged to a dear friend of mine who passed.. She & were into her Montel episodes back when we were in high school.. The book actually turned out to be very comforting & helpful for me trying to cope w/ her death.. I don't really get into "predictions" per se, but I do believe Sylvia Browne was very tuned into higher realms and had many extraordinary messages of peace to share w/ our world.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:22 AM

186 posts, read 193,695 times
I believe some of the people we hear about are legit, like George Anderson and Lisa Williams. But Sylvia Browne I never found credible. As far as some of the other big names, the jury is still out for me.

I've had readings with psychic mediums and once you find a credible one, it's a completely different experience. I mean, I could stand in front of a group of people and ask who had the female presence who passed whose name started with M, like Mary, Marie, Maria, Marlene and ten people would raise their hands. I'm a firm believer that some people can communicate with those who passed - but also a firm believer there are a lot of scammers out there.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:09 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaMoBThere View Post
I believe some of the people we hear about are legit, like George Anderson and Lisa Williams. But Sylvia Browne I never found credible. As far as some of the other big names, the jury is still out for me.

I've had readings with psychic mediums and once you find a credible one, it's a completely different experience. I mean, I could stand in front of a group of people and ask who had the female presence who passed whose name started with M, like Mary, Marie, Maria, Marlene and ten people would raise their hands. I'm a firm believer that some people can communicate with those who passed - but also a firm believer there are a lot of scammers out there.
Again, until one of these people step up and pass the Randi Challenge, none of them have any credibility.

Challenge Info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal