Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 45,010 times

Advertisements

I have had two incidents lately of things moving in the house by themselves. The first happened (coincidentally, or maybe not) while I was watching a TV documentary about a woman who had created a poltergeist in her home with negative emotions. I was lying on my bed watching it, and right as she was saying how she felt so bad for having created this, I watched as an (empty) foam cup on the bureau in front of me suddenly lifted straight up about 4 inches off of the bureau, and then jumped in an arc off of the bureau onto the floor. I actually rubbed my eyes because I couldn't believe what I had just seen. There was no noise, and it didn't move again after it was on the floor. I got up and examined the bureau to see if there was anything that might have caused it. The only thing I found was my phone charger which was nearby, but if that had suddenly uncrimped (for example) and bumped the cup, it would have been knocked right off. That would not account for the cup rising straight up into the air several inches and then literally leaping in an arc onto the floor.
The second incident was after I had cleaned the kitchen one day. I had cleaned all the countertops, closed all the cabinet doors, etc, and stood back when I was done, looking around to make sure I didn't miss anything. I gave a nod of satisfaction and then went out onto the patio to have a cigarette. Once I was done with that, I walked back in and stopped short when I saw that one of the cabinet doors was open. Not cracked open a little bit, it was wide open, as far as it would go. I am positive that it was closed, since I looked around and double-checked everything before I went outside.
This is the first time in my life I've ever experienced things moving by themselves. To my knowledge, there have been no deaths in the house. I'm not freaking out, since it has just been a cup and a cabinet door. But I also wanted to reach out for your input as to whether this might be the beginning of paranormal activity starting in the house, and what I can do to prevent it. I don't know if this matters, but I do love watching ghost shows, like "A Haunting" on Destination America. But I have never dabbled in the paranormal, like using a Ouija board, playing with magic, etc. I genuinely do not want to have a paranormal encounter because I would find it more frightening than interesting.
My question - is this anything I should be worried about? Does it maybe mean that paranormal activity is starting in the house? Or do things just sometimes move by themselves in a home and it's nothing to worry about? If it is potentially the beginning of more activity, is there anything I can do to stop it? I smudged my room with sage after the cup incident, but I don't know if that really works or if it's just a wivestale.
On a sidenote, when I was out on the patio 2 days ago, I heard a loud scraping sound, like nails on wood. It was coming from a cat toy that was on the table, which confused me because it's just a stick with a string and a cloth mouse at the end of the string. There isn't anything on it that could cause a scraping sound like that. When it happened I chalked it up to my imagination, but then about 5 minutes later it happened again.
Again, I know these are not major incidents, but I wanted to reach out and get your thoughts because if this is the beginning of more pronounced activity happening, I'd like to do what I can to stop it now before it escalates.
Also, I have no history of mental illness, hallucinations, etc.
All thoughts, feedback and suggestions welcome.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 05:11 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
I had a cabinet door and a drawer that both moved by themselves - I would shut them and they would open when I turned my back. I remounted the uneven door and drawer and the problem went away.

Occam's Razor (lex parsimoniae)

Old 04-22-2015, 06:30 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
nice. I gotta visit. I wants to see me some of that.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:47 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,436,891 times
Do a video and make some $ with it!

Old 04-23-2015, 10:46 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamepo View Post
I have had two incidents lately of things moving in the house by themselves. The first happened (coincidentally, or maybe not) while I was watching a TV documentary about a woman who had created a poltergeist in her home with negative emotions.
I am not sure you know what that word means.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:59 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
you can't create a poltergeist. a poltergeist is a demon.

I've witnessed inanimate objects move twice in my lifetime.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:46 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
you can't create a poltergeist. a poltergeist is a demon.

I've witnessed inanimate objects move twice in my lifetime.
Yes, you can. Poltergeist phenomena used to be believed to be due to demons or ghosts. Research and documentation in the last 30 years or so has shown them to be related to electromagnetic energy phenomena related to humans in the room. Cameras have filmed what to the human eye appeared to be objects flying across the room, that on film turned out to be flashes of light. A solid object on a shelf would turn into light energy when flying across the room, then would turn back into matter when smashing into the wall on the other side of the room. Poltergeist phenomena are associated with certain individuals. They don't occur in the absence of a human presence in the room. This is different from spirit activity in a room. (Doors opening/closing, objects appearing, etc.)

Old 04-24-2015, 07:57 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Ruth4Truth I need to see this footage.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:33 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, you can. Poltergeist phenomena used to be believed to be due to demons or ghosts. Research and documentation in the last 30 years or so has shown them to be related to electromagnetic energy phenomena related to humans in the room. Cameras have filmed what to the human eye appeared to be objects flying across the room, that on film turned out to be flashes of light. A solid object on a shelf would turn into light energy when flying across the room, then would turn back into matter when smashing into the wall on the other side of the room. Poltergeist phenomena are associated with certain individuals. They don't occur in the absence of a human presence in the room. This is different from spirit activity in a room. (Doors opening/closing, objects appearing, etc.)
That doesn't make sense to me, and I don't believe much of anything on tv shows
concerning the paranormal. A poltergeist is a demon or angel which dwells in a building.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:37 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Since all negative entities harvest energy from our fear, it is important that we dont label things more than we have to. That only creates fear and makes things(if there are any) worse. The labels of demons/angels have negative/positive connotations for a lot of people whereas it is really all energy with or without a physical body and with/without intelligence. So, it is important if it is intelligent that we dont give it more energy than we need to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal