Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 10:39 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
I never gave it much thought, but I'd guess he watched the obits in the local paper. No internet in those days.

Here's another one...back in the late '80s I was caught up in some spiritual exploration and booked a cabin in the woods of a monastery. It was one of those situations where you'd go to workshops, meet in small groups, and spend time in nature's tranquility in order to get in touch with that inner self, etc..
Well I am in my one room cabin which is in the deep woods. No other cabins viewable, dark as pitch, my car parked outside the door, about 2 miles from the main buildings.
It is dark. Damn dark. It is quiet. Damn quiet. No radio, TV, phone in the cabin. Just me and my thoughts and eventually my terror. Sheer terror.
Sometime in the dark of night I hear a scratching on the wall on the outside of the cabin. I sit up in bed and listen, trying to pinpoint the location.
I hear it again, this time it is on the opposite exterior wall.
Now I'm thinking bird-flittering bird with a nest or something.
The next time I hear it the scratching is a scrape the runs the length of a wall and then goes around the outside corner and runs the length of the adjacent wall, then stops.
WTF? Now I'm scared. I can't see anything by peeking under the curtains. It is pitch black outside.
I hear it again and this time it completely encircles the cabin walls and it sounds big. Heavy.
I am freaking out. I am trapped and terrified. I can't run outside and get in my car because IT is out there!
I can't call for help-there is no phone.
So I sit and pray, in the dark, terrified as this thing encircles the walls all night long until the blessed sun comes up.
As soon as I can see outside and don't hear anything, I dash out the door to my car, start it up, and tear out of there. Never looked back, never told a soul.
Never figured out what it could have been. Not in my wildest imagination. Typing this I still feel the terror of being trapped in that cabin in the pitch black night.
The Bigfoot enthusiasts would love this story!

2 miles away from the main buildings is a long way away. I'm not sure I'd have agreed to a cabin that far away. Did it really keep up the scratching all night? o.0
It couldn't have been someone playing a prank, then. Could it have been a bear, or a mountain lion? What state/region was this in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 06:17 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,754 times
It was in central Kentucky. The most curious part was how it circled the exterior walls of the cabin along the same path. I could actually hear a scratching, scraping, scurrying sound at the same level above ground. It went on for hours, off and on. What prankster, bird, Bigfoot would spend hours doing that? I have to conclude that it was ''some'' kind of entity. Just thinking and writing about it is unsettling, even today.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:52 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Did you see any animal or human foot prints around the cabin. Was the sound low to the ground or high? Did your hear any growling or any other noise? Was grass trampled or branches broken?

Old 07-01-2017, 11:57 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Did you see any animal or human foot prints around the cabin. Was the sound low to the ground or high? Did your hear any growling or any other noise? Was grass trampled or branches broken?
I don't think there was any investigation at all.

When the light of fight response kicks in...it kicks in. I would have been out if there, too.

Old 07-01-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
She said she ran out of the cabin in the morning, jumped in her car, and didn't look back. Didn't examine the site for any evidence. Didn't report the strange activity to the site/program managers. Terrified witless, it sounds like.

I think it would have been helpful to at least report the incident to the program managers, so they could check the exterior of the building for scratches. But with something like that, there's too much potential to sound nuts. And I have the impression it took her a LONG time to get over it to the point of being able to talk about it. She says that even now, she's still a little freaked out when posting about it. So if she'd reported it in a timely manner, she probably would have sounded hysterical.

The thing is, the entire night that that was going on, she wouldn't have had any idea if whatever it was might break through a window, or something. You don't know what you're dealing with, so you don't know what "it" is capable of. *shudder*

Now, that's one genuinely creepy story!

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-01-2017 at 12:16 PM..

Old 07-01-2017, 01:18 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
I would have gone back with a strong guy and investigated but everybody's different. Maybe it was rats in the walls. When I was 19 I worked at a Target and after the store closed you could hear the rats run... it was really loud

Old 07-01-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I would have gone back with a strong guy and investigated but everybody's different. Maybe it was rats in the walls. When I was 19 I worked at a Target and after the store closed you could hear the rats run... it was really loud
Eww, gross! Going back in broad daylight is a good idea, except for the fact that she was spooked out of her mind, and still is, to a degree. I gather she wouldn't have been able to hack going back, even with the support of friends.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:48 PM

28 posts, read 17,805 times
Eight years ago I lived in a 100 year old house. A few odd things happened but there's one time I'll never forget. Upstairs there was two bedrooms, I got home from work and went upstairs to change. I put my dirty clothes on the floor and sat down on the bed to put socks on. I look up and I see my shirt being lifted up the air about two feet as if someone's picking it up. It stayed there for a few seconds and then dropped. I was terrified. I was frozen for second then ran as fast as I could down the steps screaming to my bf. He thought I was nuts

Old 07-01-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluebirdSt View Post
Eight years ago I lived in a 100 year old house. A few odd things happened but there's one time I'll never forget. Upstairs there was two bedrooms, I got home from work and went upstairs to change. I put my dirty clothes on the floor and sat down on the bed to put socks on. I look up and I see my shirt being lifted up the air about two feet as if someone's picking it up. It stayed there for a few seconds and then dropped. I was terrified. I was frozen for second then ran as fast as I could down the steps screaming to my bf. He thought I was nuts
Wow, so it happens just like on TV, sometimes? Any other incidents of any kind in that house? Odd sounds? Any unusual history the neighbors mentioned?

Old 07-01-2017, 06:28 PM

28 posts, read 17,805 times
Yes, the neighbor said a man died a few years before we moved in. He fell while painting by the stairs to the basement. The Spare room upstairs had a tiny door that was hard to open. We would go into the room and it would be open. A few times it would be open with clothing or random object placed by it. I know it wasn't my bf messing with me because we went by the door once and asked if there is any spirits to knock twice and right after there were two light knocks. My bfs face turned white. A few other stories also but after I had my son it stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal