Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 12:58 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times

Advertisements

I really wish all those posting on this forum could be a witness during my spirit contacts, and hear for themselves what is being said., but that is not possible.
One thing I have learned is contact with spirits is a one on one event.
Spirits do not come through in a group setting.
At times, they do invite other spirits to an event,but actual contact is a one on one occurrence.

Now the logical question would be, "what about a seance?"
Those that tell you in a seance a spirit has "come through" are, putting it bluntly, FOS.
Seance's are nothing more than a means to separate one from their money, and all the phony hoop-la behind them, is just that, phony, and that would be an understatement.

I tried in the past to have contact with others in the room, and it does not happen, and in subsequent contacts I found spirits do not like the confusion of multiple people.
They have a hard time reading the thoughts of multiples at one time.

Some would argue, the medium in a seance is the one in touch with the spirit, and they would like you to believe that, but when others are present, a spirit will not come through.
You can believe what you wish, but I know where of I speak.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 03:04 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I really wish all those posting on this forum could be a witness during my spirit contacts, and hear for themselves what is being said., but that is not possible.
At times, they do invite other spirits to an event,but actual contact is a one on one occurrence.

Those that tell you in a seance a spirit has "come through" are, putting it bluntly, FOS.
Seance's are nothing more than a means to separate one from their money, and all the phony hoop-la behind them, is just that, phony, and that would be an understatement.

I tried in the past to have contact with others in the room, and it does not happen, and in subsequent contacts I found spirits do not like the confusion of multiple people.

Some would argue, the medium in a seance is the one in touch with the spirit, and they would like you to believe that, but when others are present, a spirit will not come through.

Bob.

I believe your experiences are real but, spirits are not bound by any rules. They do what they do, regardless.

I have seen an entire room full of spirits having a ball. (Think, the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland.) Where do you think Disney got that idea from? People had to experience that. In my experience, somebody had a prayer or seance or something right before I got there and left food (fruit) for the idol (unbeknownst to me). The ghosts I saw, smiled at me and looked at me funny. I guess they were wondering who I was and what I was doing there. They were totally chill. It is what it is. I just hope I never have that experience again. I'm good.

Old 05-13-2019, 04:54 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Bob, I have no doubt that you are hearing what you say. There are many people who speak to spirits in their head, yet there are many different stories as how it all works and what they say is as varied as if you stopped a person in the street and asked them a question too.

However, thinking that your interpretation of how things are is correct is only a small section of the truth it seems. There are many people who tell of other truths - what of these people? Are they lieing, because they would maintain theirs is the truth rather than yours.

Surely you must have to come to the conclusion there are many different aspects of 'there' and each person who reports back to us is telling us their truth - how they experience it, or how they have been told it.

I suppose that if we think about this, it makes perfect sense. For there are many different religions and each member wants to believe their narrative is true. What does it hurt if the folk from one religion or belief go to a particular 'there' place and experience that set of constructs or thought forms. They heal from their trauma in a place which is familiar to them and when they are ready, they will realise how much more it could be if they widened their perspectives.

I believe Bob, you have told us in the past that each one of us has our own frequency unique to us, so a spirit in the 'there' should have no problem tuning in to a particular person and hearing what only they say. I have been to many many seances and I have never experienced any signs of spirit confusion. Some of the seances with well-known people running them, there have been maybe 40 people and there was nothing to indicate any confusion. They certainly were not all stage managed or faked. I have been to many Spiritualist churches and in a similar situation to a seance with similar or more amounts of people, there are people all waiting for a message from the spirit world, and I have not experienced any confusion in the messages from spirit there either.

Perhaps I am becoming annoying to you by disagreeing with you on so many points, but I believe you are describing (truthfully) one aspect or section of a very large and complicated story about what life is like in the spirit world.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:56 PM

987 posts, read 779,931 times
Quote:

Bob.
I wish that I knew how to see sprits and converse with them. I wonder if it is something that can be learned?

Old 05-13-2019, 06:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
By "better life" I meant a life free of the desire to commit suicide.
Spirits , like we humans, change in many ways, depending on circumstances.
And the reason we humans change is because the soul with in demands that change.

The spirit that incarnated into the human that committed suicide, when returning to the spirit world was ignored, scorned, and ridiculed for allowing that human to commit suicide.
That showed weakness of the soul, and that is how it would be judged by elder spirits.
Now, that same soul will be searching for a new life in which to incarnate, one that will not have the desire to take it's own life.
That would be a "better life", one which the soul will have learned from.

Bob.
Thanks for your response, Bob. It seems that some of the information in that book is different than what Brian Weiss has learned. That's where I got my information about living a similar life if you commit suicide.

Old 05-13-2019, 06:31 PM

31 posts, read 6,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY
I wonder if you could record them Bob and then place a file somewhere to ppl to listen (Maybe an MP3)

The world is quite fascinating and filled with many as you know

Old 05-13-2019, 08:20 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
In post #39 cjseliga raised some good points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga
So what about infants born with life-threatening conditions that pass away shortly after birth or before they even turn one, did the spirit purposely want to do that or did they just screw up in choosing that body?

What about people that are killed/murdered at no fault of their own, are they "punished" because their time here was cut short and they didn't get enough time to learn the lessons they decided to learn this time around or do they get a pass?

What about people that decide to kill themselves, did they already learn the lessons they wanted to learn here and just decided to move on to bigger and better things on other planets in other galaxies around the universe?
I dont have all the answers, and my understanding may be flawed, so all these things you have to decide for yourself what you believe. However, if you ask me for my opinion, based on what I have read...

Some books suggest that humans who are only here for a short time, are here to finish something 'left over' from the last incarnation they had. Maybe they died before they could achieve what they wanted, perhaps they suicided or someone killed them, or some illness got them? I do not think everything is mapped out by ourselves, but the major points on the journey. As you probably know, aircraft fly between waypoints which are arbitary points on(above) the Earth, so a flight is a series of straight lines between these waypoints. I think our life is somewhat similar in that we go from point to point (or event to event) with some detours in between maybe. Perhaps our learning is done in a series of modules and people who are here for a short time only have to finish a small section before a completly new module begins. Maybe the module involves a different subject or a different environment who knows - it is all speculation.

In my beliefs, babies are only small humans, they still have a proper-sized spirit attached to them for their whole life. They are at the start of their journey, like Freshmen for example. If we look at things like this, where lives are periods in which we have the use of a vehicle (body) and then when we have seen enough scenery, we get out and do something else, it does not seem so bad from an overall perspective that people are young when they die. Of course, if they are our relatives and loved ones, we dont want to lose them and we will grieve and miss them. If some people can communicate with spirits, then we can learn to do it too - if we want. The Monroe Institute has done a lot towards helping us get into a state where we can move into those other realities and I think there are other such methods like the ones monks have learnt throughout history. It is often our fears which hold us back from trying these things and exploring other realms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roselvr
What happens to a soul where the person that committed suicide had no ID, was a John Doe for 20 years? Lyle Stevik is how he signed into the hotel. He was ID'd last year. It's been said he roams the hotel trapped there. Is he set free now that he has his name back?

He was ID'd by family tree DNA, without it he would still be nameless. His family did not release his name but its come out in the last few months. He was a very smart 25 year old who wrote computer code still in use today. No one knows why he checked out when at 25 he was just starting his life.
What some people say in their books is that ghosts are often people who have died but do not realise they are dead and continue to act as if they were alive, wondering why people largely ignore them. Some others are attached to particular places or environments and want to stick around to make sure everything runs like it did when they were alive. Maybe this is why some ghost hunters say that decorating and structural changes stirs up activity.

What often comes up in the books I have read is that when you do not believe there is anything after death, you do not expect anything so everything is black. Once you realise you exist after death, then you start to look around for something to happen - which opens the door for you to be helped and healed from the trauma.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
I believe your experiences are real but, spirits are not bound by any rules. They do what they do, regardless.

I have seen an entire room full of spirits having a ball. (Think, the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland.) Where do you think Disney got that idea from? People had to experience that. In my experience, somebody had a prayer or seance or something right before I got there and left food (fruit) for the idol (unbeknownst to me). The ghosts I saw, smiled at me and looked at me funny. I guess they were wondering who I was and what I was doing there. They were totally chill. It is what it is. I just hope I never have that experience again. I'm good.
After reading this post, I am left to believe you drank a little to much at that party.
And for your information, spirits do indeed have to follow a set of rules mandated by elder spirits.

Bob.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somestranged View Post
I wonder if you could record them Bob and then place a file somewhere to ppl to listen (Maybe an MP3)

The world is quite fascinating and filled with many as you know
Years ago, when I first started in EVP, I had a small collection of cassette tapes.
At that time, there was no way to transfer cassette to any other device, for those devices did not exist.
In later years, my hearing suffered, to the point I could not hear the tapes on playback.
Back then, in the earlier days, when recording, the voices were extremely faint to begin with, and as I just stated, later on it became extremely difficult to hear the voices.
I did, however keep a log.
The tapes were destroyed, when they were no longer useful, so today I no longer tape, and due to what could only be termed divine intervention, I do not need to be taping, and hear the voices, not in my head(as some suggest), but as though they were sitting right next to me.
The voices are as clear as though you and I were in a room talking to one another.

How is this possible?
I hope I can explain this with a less than lengthy reply.

For many years I tape as I stated,and many times conversing with my deceased partner.
Once the hearing left,I told him one night that I would have to end the taping session because I could no longer hear the faint voices.

His exact words to me were, "Bobby do not worry, I can fix that"
Obviously I had no idea what he meant.
The taping never resumed, and my trying to make contact was over.

Roughly 6 months went by, and one day(I put this in a post a few years ago, when it happened)I was in the middle of repairing a cabinet with a glass door that had special hinges that are used on glass.
I had put the hinges aside months before so I could get them when the time came to use them.
When I went to retrieve them, there was only one hinge.
I live alone, and no one had access to those hinges except me.
They were placed in a vase on the fireplace mantle.
When I emptied the vase on the dining room table, only one hinge was there.

Being the ingenious one, I feel I am sometimes, I decided to see if I could find a way to get away with one hinge.
Finding one in a store proved hopeless because the cabinet was old.
I became frustrated because I couldn't get it to work, when I heard my deceased partner's voice say, loud and clear, "Bobby, over here".
I turned my head, and there sitting on the bed was the missing hinge, and screws that held it.
I was absolutely stunned that I could hear his voice without the use of a headset like I had to use when taping.
Finding the missing hinge was something else.

My hearing was vastly improved when it came to contact with him, and now, other spirits.
In normal day to day, there is some loss as it has been for a long time, but when making contact it is near perfect, and no more faint voices.

That night when this happened , I asked him how was this possible, and what had he done to restore my hearing.
His reply,"Bobby, I said I would fix it, and I did".
It were as though he were sitting on the bed, next to me, and has been that way ever since.

All my contacts (with the exception of my partner, that happens anywhere in the house) have always been in a small quiet room off my den, with no outside interference, which is the ideal environment for making contact.
To this day, I hear spirits as though they were sitting next to me, and their voices are not in my head, they are there in the room.
After the hearing experience, I have never, and will never, doubt the power of the spirits.
I know, through years of contact and my research, spirits have powers that we humans can only wish we had.
True, the hearing is only elevate during times of spirit contact, and the rest of the time it is as it is.

I can't explain it, my doctor can't explain it, but it has happened, and I am grateful, beyond words.

Bob.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:10 AM

31 posts, read 6,240 times
Well the spirits trust you and know your not afraid of them

Yes you are lucky to be able to hear them as if they were on the physical level as we are..... Nothing to be afraid of and im glad you arent nervous talking about it......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal