Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 02:44 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,861,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I didn't say it was for COVID. I said CORONAVIRUS. And here is a picture (screenshot) where it says for humans too, lol. I realize it's is a wall of text, like I said but I don't like having to repeat myself.

Gates is a population control fiend. You think he is a humanitarian, lol. I know why people get upset at me but don't worry. Your flu shot should be waning soon. You'll be alright.
The topic here is the "Coronoa (sic) Virus 'outbreak'" The current outbreak is identified as COVID-19. If you are discussing something else it does not belong here. You can send your screenshot all you'd like but if you actually go to that page the announcement is very clear that Pirbright is not involved in experimentation or "tweaking" with the current COVID-19 virus.

I don't see any reason to call a true humanitarian who is supporting multiple efforts to improve education and health conditions throughout the world a "population control fiend" without a trace of support. You may have that opinion but to broadcast it without any evidence is irresponsible at best.

I have no idea what your comment about a flu shot is supposed to mean; are you hoping I get sick?

BTW: Your sources are meaningless garbage.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:34 AM

30,321 posts, read 23,800,844 times
Corona virus itself is not a hoax. Corona virus has been around for a long time. Many people never heard of it before because no one ever told them about it, (well, Lysol did on the back of their cans for years), but it doesn't mean it didn't exist. Just like the flu, (no matter how many don't like the comparison), it can mutate into a new strain. What we have now is a new strain. What we've had in the past are other strains, and people got sick from those strains, too. And, just like the flu, no one went into panic mode, the media didn't care to do much about it than do a quick 30 second basic report, and we went on with life.

H1N1 was a pandemic in 2009. No "crisis" despite how many people it killed in a very short amount of time. No shut downs, despite how easily it spread. Only the slightest bit of fear mongering from the media. The virus started in the U.S., so I guess that wasn't scary enough.

So, again, the virus is not a hoax.

The reaction, on the other hand, by politicians and the media - when comparing it to other "pandemics", and other viruses that infect millions (multiple millions) every single year, and kill tens of thousands, every single year - makes me suspicious.

The fact that many local governments are taking way more control than they should have over this, makes me suspicious.

The fact that certain people are doing their level best to push this panic even harder, and have the audacity to say "you should actually read about this and listen to the news", makes me suspicious.

I'm quite aware of what is being said in the news. I've read up about corona virus plenty. The fact remains, this is nothing like the seasonal flu, this is nothing like H1N1, and yet here we are, reacting as if the world is about to end if we all don't slam our front doors shut from the world, and sit inside in panic.

My question is: Why this time? Why now when not in the past?

The usual response is "because this is new and we don't know anything about it yet".

We don't know which strain of flu we're going to get each year, either.

We didn't know much about H1N1 that killed a whole lot of people, either.

No panicking. No shutting down.

But this time, suddenly we have panic and shutting down, and, as far as I'm concerned, government overreach.

I also question why people think that this virus only started in January. That was the first reported case. Reported. How many others had it, but the cases were mild, and it was never reported? We'll never know. But some people refuse to even acknowledge that possibility.

And why isn't the media, that we are supposed to be listening to, according to some, not telling us the whole story? They throw out a lot of numbers, but they don't tell us everything.

Virus a hoax? No.
Reaction to it a hoax? I have my suspicions.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:21 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,643,329 times
^^^^Well, the ultimate goal would be the same!

Old 03-25-2020, 11:08 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,116,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
This is the last time I will reply to you. It's not about believing me...! LOL This is not my "personal" opinion. However, you should ( as an adult) be able to be objective, do your research, analyze, observe the sequence of events, put two-and-two together for "yourself" and comprehend when and if your government is lying to you and creating "conspiracies" against the good of the American people. It takes common sense though, which unfortunately, is not so common today.

And what are these garbage links you posted? Sites like those you linked to are designed to maintain the main-stream-media narrative. And anything that questions that narrative is labeled as "biased or a conspiracy." Actually I was IMMEDIATELY suspicious when the site you linked to noted "Read our profile on United States government and media." Oh, my goodness, that made it even worse. It's completely meaningless. You didn't do your homework my friend.

For example, the link I posted about the CDC Job Listing for Quarantine Advisers" did you actually "check the link" in the article that goes to the actual job listing from the actual site of the Center for Disease Control?" You didn't check it....yes I know you didn't. The advertisement for "Public Health Advisor Quarantine Program" is STILL THERE...check it for yourself. The other site I linked to GlobalResearch is no more a conspiracy site than your government funded so-called "fact check" site. In fact, GlobalResearch uses information from "reputable" sites like BusinessInsider.com

If because you don't want to accept FACTS because they're too hard to bear, I understand that. But don't "throw the baby out with the bath water." We're in crucial times now and we need intelligent thinking individuals, spiritually strong. It's not looking good for the American people at all. However, do as you will. You're not my responsibility but still, I wish you all the best. Good Luck and Good Bye...
I'm afraid I can't understand your banter squadron leader...

Old 03-25-2020, 11:31 AM

2,453 posts, read 1,697,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Yes, sometimes they are. If someone says 10,000 super silly things one of them is probably true. That is about the ratio of conspiracy theories that are true. The thing is they instantly forget about the enormous amount that turned out not to be true and try to focus on the few that are true as evidence.

I live is a small city out in the middle of nowhere that has a very high percentage of asians. Sadly all the moronic white people are blaming the severe outbreak in our small city on them. Truth is everyone that has it here is white. The silly racism is getting so bad that it was actually announced starting last night on local news outlets that all the cases are from caucasians. The completely moronic idiots here think that is a conspiracy.

We have about 1% of the states population but have 33% of the confirmed cases.

Last edited by sam812; 03-25-2020 at 11:53 AM..

Old 03-25-2020, 12:39 PM

2,684 posts, read 2,408,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
VERY VERY few, (maybe 1 out of every 300 people). Our cashiers are wearing gloves, but not masks, I would estimate they serve about 500 people per day.

What I have seen is, LOTS of people willing to stand closely together in lines at our stores. I watched people this morning at the gas pumps, we put hand sanitizer dispensers on the fuel pumps, but not many are using them, they will pump gas like normal and get back in their car, (just imagine how many different people touch that pump handle everyday, at all the different gas stations thru out the country!!!!)

I saw a younger pregnant lady in the store yesterday, she was in line to buy donuts and lottery, she was at the most 15-18" inches away from the people in front and back of her in line. lol
I was my local home depot this weekend and more than half of the shoppers were wearing masks, and about a quarter were wearing gloves. The employees were also about 50/50 masks vs. no mask.

Funny because if you look at South Korea, they all live shoulder to shoulder but they beat this illness in 8 weeks because everyone wore masks and stayed home. They are the Covid-19 winners right now. We're somewhere at the bottom of the list with the other losers who thought we were invincible.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:02 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,258,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
Funny because if you look at South Korea, they all live shoulder to shoulder but they beat this illness in 8 weeks because everyone wore masks and stayed home. They are the Covid-19 winners right now. We're somewhere at the bottom of the list with the other losers who thought we were invincible.

They probably don't have their medical community telling them over and over that you shouldn't wear masks if you are not infected because masks are ineffective and counterproductive.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:31 PM

334 posts, read 188,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

My question is: Why this time? Why now when not in the past?
Great post....!!! It's happening this time because the coronavirus will be used as a distraction/excuse for the coming economic collapse. The country is broke and can no longer "kick the can down the road." It's going to be colossal. Get prepared....! They have to make sure that the people will "obey" as the timeline moves along. This is more like a "trial run" for the real thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The actual virus began before now.
Virus a hoax? No.
Reaction to it a hoax? I have my suspicions.
Remember when people were dropping like flies with severe chest infections and they blamed it on vaping or E-Cigarettes? Well, that was the coronavirus. "As of November 21, the CDCTrusted Source has confirmed 2,290 vaping related lung injury cases, with 47 deaths. Cases have been reported in all states except Alaska, along with the District of Columbia and two U.S. territories. Deaths have been confirmed in 25 states and Washington D.C., with more being investigated." You can read the full story here. I know many don't want to believe, or don't want to hear it, or whatever...but the coronavirus started HERE in the USA. That's all I'm going to say. Yes sure, questions come to mind; how did it get to China and other parts of the world, and so on. Do your homework. People can Google the whole vaping E-Cigarette incidents and follow the timeline. They didn't call it coronavirus then but that's what it was/is. I know I'll probably have rants from this post...but that's just the way it is. People should take the time to be objective and ask questions like you are. Things just ain't right about this whole coronavirus thing and people shouldn't put all their trust in the "authorities." I'm not going to bother replying to anyone though...LOL It won't change anything.Good Luck...!

Last edited by Propop; 03-25-2020 at 02:15 PM..

Old 03-25-2020, 02:01 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,947,355 times
Quote:
This is the last time I will reply to you. It's not about believing me...! LOL This is not my "personal" opinion. However, you should ( as an adult) be able to be objective, do your research, analyze, observe the sequence of events, put two-and-two together for "yourself" and comprehend when and if your government is lying to you and creating "conspiracies" against the good of the American people. It takes common sense though, which unfortunately, is not so common today.

And what are these garbage links you posted? Sites like those you linked to are designed to maintain the main-stream-media narrative. And anything that questions that narrative is labeled as "biased or a conspiracy." Actually I was IMMEDIATELY suspicious when the site you linked to noted "Read our profile on United States government and media." Oh, my goodness, that made it even worse. It's completely meaningless. You didn't do your homework my friend.

For example, the link I posted about the CDC Job Listing for Quarantine Advisers" did you actually "check the link" in the article that goes to the actual job listing from the actual site of the Center for Disease Control?" You didn't check it....yes I know you didn't. The advertisement for "Public Health Advisor Quarantine Program" is STILL THERE...check it for yourself. The other site I linked to GlobalResearch is no more a conspiracy site than your government funded so-called "fact check" site. In fact, GlobalResearch uses information from "reputable" sites like BusinessInsider.com

If because you don't want to accept FACTS because they're too hard to bear, I understand that. But don't "throw the baby out with the bath water." We're in crucial times now and we need intelligent thinking individuals, spiritually strong. It's not looking good for the American people at all. However, do as you will. You're not my responsibility but still, I wish you all the best. Good Luck and Good Bye...
So they get things right every so often, don't deny the fact that the websites are pseudo science and conspiracy theory rags. If you want a tinfoil hat, be my guest. That said don't go and tell me I'm wrong with biased and illegitimate sources to back up your claim.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,947,355 times
Quote:
Great post....!!! It's happening this time because the coronavirus will be used as a distraction/excuse for the coming economic collapse. The country is broke and can no longer "kick the can down the road." It's going to be colossal. Get prepared....! They have to make sure that the people will "obey" as the timeline moves along. This is more like a "trial run" for the real thing.

Remember when people were dropping like flies with severe chest infections and they blamed it on vaping or E-Cigarettes? Well, that was the coronavirus. "As of November 21, the CDCTrusted Source has confirmed 2,290 vaping related lung injury cases, with 47 deaths. Cases have been reported in all states except Alaska, along with the District of Columbia and two U.S. territories. Deaths have been confirmed in 25 states and Washington D.C., with more being investigated." You can read the full story here. I know many don't want to believe, or don't want to hear it, or whatever...but the coronavirus started HERE in the USA. That's all I'm going to say. People can Google the whole vaping E-Cigarette incidents and follow the timeline. They didn't call it coronavirus then but that's what it was/is. I know I'll probably have rants from this post...but that's just the way it is. People should take the time to be objective and ask questions like you are. Things just ain't right about this whole coronavirus thing and people shouldn't put all their trust in the "authorities." I'm not going to bother replying to anyone though...LOL It won't change anything.Good Luck...!
OK if Covid-9 is the lung alement from vaping (which largely was attributed not to getting a virus, but rather a particular vitamin oil used) then why did it go about three/four months dormant. I'm all for thinking Covid-19 came long before we knew it, but I have a tough time believing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal