Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2020, 09:00 PM

37,121 posts, read 41,309,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
No-one is saying the child has to have vaccines to cause this.

Thalidamide was as a result of a drug given to the mothers and passed on to the baby through the mothers blood.

That too was caused by a lack of proper testing. This spokesperson for the Thalidomide Society highlights the lack of testing being the reason it was given to mothers at that time for nausea.
I agree that the usual vaccines are tested much better now and there are probably fewer incidents of problems, however this drug is still being marketed to other groups even when this article below was written.

Source
font color in original article - So, it was also the elderly who used the drug as a sleeping aid who also got affected.

The consultant in the above Daily Mirror article says she is insulted for the victims of Thalidomide by people pointing to this as an example of what may happen if we do not properly test the vaccine. However, this mRNA vaccine is a totally new way to vaccinate people and this too has NOT been tested properly. Do we ever learn from our mistakes and is money and greed always the driving factor?

PubMed site
Thalidomide is not a vaccine.

There is no evidence that vaccination of a pregnant woman will cause autism in her child, either.

Not the Tdap:

https://www.neurologylive.com/view/v...nd-autism-risk

Not the flu vaccine:

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...isk-for-autism

The mRNA vaccines have been tested in tens of thousands of people so far. Trials in pregnant women will start soon. Meanwhile, there is no reason for women who are not pregnant to avoid them.

On vaccinating pregnant women:

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/artic...ant-women.html

Thalidomide is now being used for certain skin conditions and cancers. Women of childbearing age who take it should not get pregnant.

Old 12-15-2020, 01:09 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,163,762 times
Any product that is covered by the FDA can be reported for an adverse reaction: https://www.fda.gov/safety/report-problem-fda. From that link you can click on the online reporting form. Any report of an adverse reaction is taken very seriously and cost the companies involved considerable money investigating all of these claims of an adverse reaction. It is not in the best interest of any company to distribute a product that will be reported.

Just from Bing: "However, it is important to remember that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) do not monitor herbs and supplements, so people who use them may be at risk of using low-quality products and impurities. People who want to use natural remedies to treat their cough should research sources and brands."

Many of the people that complain about vaccines will be quick to turn to natural herbs and supplements. 'Natural' can mean many different things without good controls over their products. Of course they would still have to answer to their customers if something went seriously wrong.

People should always keep in mind that today's regulations came about because of past failures. When we had a failure we made corrections to insure that failure would not happen again.

Old 12-15-2020, 01:18 AM

6,957 posts, read 6,886,653 times
Quote:
The change in incidence is due to change in how autism is diagnosed. The diagnosis is now more socially acceptable and doctors look for it in order to identify children who may need special resources.
So basically someone didn't like the bad press and so moved the goalposts. Allocating 'special resources' would not be needed if there were less people who developed it in the first place. The article I referenced previously said 1 in 54 new births show signs of autism which is a terrible statistic, so something in the environment, or some medication which has been taken must be contributing to this conditions increase.

Quote:
The literature on vaccines and autism is extensive and the bulk of it comes from worldwide research, not industry funding.
Vaccines do not cause autism.
Individual ingredients in vaccines do not cause autism.
Autism is genetic.
OK, so what is causing this increase in autism? If, as you say, it is genetic - What is altering our genes to make this condition follow a family line ? What if vaccine ingredients are altering those genes as well as providing immunity? Does anyone test that kind of thing? Like a "before and after" gene snapshot? This would be particularly necessary if autism is genetic. Also, I am assuming that doctors do a genetic test for autism when the mothers go for their first pregnancy checkup, do they?

If I was in charge of the publicity machine for a large pharmaceutical company, I would pay scientists all over the world to produce reports for me. I would not rely on those in my own country. You want people such as yourself who are looking for proof that vaccines are safe to see a diverse range of papers from a diverse bunch of institutions. Most of these big pharma companies are multinational and have subsidiaries in many countries in order to allow for different testing conditions and medicine laws.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:24 AM

37,121 posts, read 41,309,818 times
Quote:
So basically someone didn't like the bad press and so moved the goalposts. Allocating 'special resources' would not be needed if there were less people who developed it in the first place. The article I referenced previously said 1 in 54 new births show signs of autism which is a terrible statistic, so something in the environment, or some medication which has been taken must be contributing to this conditions increase.

OK, so what is causing this increase in autism? If, as you say, it is genetic - What is altering our genes to make this condition follow a family line ? What if vaccine ingredients are altering those genes as well as providing immunity? Does anyone test that kind of thing? Like a "before and after" gene snapshot? This would be particularly necessary if autism is genetic. Also, I am assuming that doctors do a genetic test for autism when the mothers go for their first pregnancy checkup, do they?

If I was in charge of the publicity machine for a large pharmaceutical company, I would pay scientists all over the world to produce reports for me. I would not rely on those in my own country. You want people such as yourself who are looking for proof that vaccines are safe to see a diverse range of papers from a diverse bunch of institutions. Most of these big pharma companies are multinational and have subsidiaries in many countries in order to allow for different testing conditions and medicine laws.
Did you know autism did not exist before 1943? That is when the diagnosis was first given a name. Do you really think there was no one with the condition before then?

No one was really counting the number of people with it in 1943, either, and only the more severe cases would ever see any kind of a professional. I mentioned DH's BFF, born around that time, who very obviously had what used to be called Asperger's. He never was diagnosed, though. Never counted in any statistics.

Most people with autism in the past were just thought to be a bit weird, or if symptoms were worse, "retarded". Perhaps the only doctor they saw was a general pediatrician. There were no electronic health records then. How was this "retarded" child going to be counted, when there was no specific diagnosis and no treatment? Some with the very worst symptoms might be institutionalized.

What has happened is the diagnostic criteria have been broadened, doctors look for the diagnosis, that creates diagnostic codes, those codes are tallied, and now we have statistics. The wider the diagnostic criteria, the more will be diagnosed. The harder you look, the more will be diagnosed.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...up-in-the-u-s/

"In 1966, researchers estimated that about 1 in 2,500 children had autism, according to criteria derived from Kanner’s description. This and other early estimates of prevalence probably focused on children at the severe end of the spectrum and missed those with subtler features."

Biological factors associated with autism include older age of the father and prematurity.

There is no prenatal test for autism because it is not caused by a change in a single gene. If some of those genes turn out to be found in a significant number of people with autism then that might be an option in the future. So far genetics have been found to account for about 80% of autism, and that percentage is increasing as new genes are found. If there are environmental factors they would have to act in utero. Since the two vaccines pregnant women most commonly take have shown no association with autism, then those environmental factors must be something else. One such factor that has been associated with autism is maternal infection, including viral infections like influenza.

The mRNA vaccines will not cause changes in genes that could lead to autism. That is not the way they work. The mRNA merely delivers directions to the cell to make the viral protein. It lasts only a few hours in the body before it is disassembled and eliminated. In fact, the reason the mRNA vaccines have to be stored at such low temperatures is because the mRNA molecule is extremely fragile. I read where one researcher said it decomposes if you look at it wrong.

The Pfizer clinical trial was done in 150 clinical trials sites in United States, Germany, Turkey, South Africa, Brazil and Argentina.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:51 AM

15,642 posts, read 26,275,966 times
Quote:

I am 61 years old. When I was young and watching 60 minutes with my parents, I can remember a story about autism. At that point children who had autism were wearing helmets and banging their heads in the things. And they would never get past that.

The reason that we have more autism now is because we now understand it’s on a spectrum. And as a spectrum, more people fall into it. I mean, I have blonde hair and blue eyes. But my blonde hair and blue eyes isn’t the typical Nordic blonde hair and blue eyes. My blonde hair is dark blonde. And my blue eyes are dark blue eyes like the English have. So blonde hair blue eyes there’s a spectrum of it.

I don’t know if you have ever seen the show the Big Bang Theory? It ran for 12 years. One of the characters was named Sheldon, and Sheldon was played by Jim Parsons, a wonderful actor. One of the things I read about this show was that the writers wrote Sheldon as if he was simply an odd academic. Jim Parsons chose to play him as if he was on the autism spectrum. It made for an interesting dichotomy. The people writing him would insist that Sheldon Cooper is not autistic. The actor playing him played him that way, and it worked.

My grand nephew is autistic. He is also nonverbal and they’re working with him very hard on this. But he is far from stupid. At three years old he was helping his father was something in the yard working on a piece of equipment. And the dad would say hand me a screwdriver and the kid would hand him the right screwdriver.

So it doesn’t surprise me that in the 50 some years since I saw that report on 60 minutes about headbanging autistic children that we have changed how we view autism. I’m sure you saw thought some daft crap when you first started your UFO research. That’s how research begins.

Since I’ve never done scientific research at all, I can only put this towards genealogical research that I’ve done. My family comes from the mountains of Pennsylvania. I made a lot of assumptions about those people that a lot of people make. One of which is the women get married at age 13 and start having babies. That’s never been true in my family. That’s never been true where my family is from. I have seen 18-year-olds get married. My brick wall which is in Frederick Maryland. I have a name for my sixth great grandmother but no last name. All those girls that supposedly fit, that other people have said is my Anna Maria, she’d be like anywhere from 10 to 12 years old marrying a 33-year-old man. I just don’t buy it. Mainly because 10 to 12 are not capable of having children. She would be a child herself. While marriage among very small children happened in the royal households in Europe to seal treaties, it didn’t happen in Frederick, Maryland. They would at least wait until the woman could have children before they married her off.

And cousins marrying. I believe that you know your parents, and your grandparents and your grandparents will remember their parents, I have never found anything closer than a third cousin getting married third cousins share I believe great great grandparents. There is very little DNA to share.

Old 12-15-2020, 03:08 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,949,204 times
Quote:
It appears there's an increase in spectrum diagnoses, not an increase in the disorder.

Quote:
In the past several years, there has been an increased pressure to diagnose ASD as young as possible. The earlier the diagnosis, the better the outcome.
https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...matic-increase

The removal of thimerosol from vaccines in California had no impact on the increasing rate of ASD diagnoses. Same with other places that have banned thimerosol.

https://www.parents.com/health/autis...-cause-autism/

Regarding the genetic roots of ASD, there's a big study underway (SPARK) that should clarify things - there are more unknowns than knowns at present. There are likely a large number of genes involved, and AFAIK there's no test under development at this time.

https://sparkforautism.org/

Old 12-15-2020, 08:40 PM

23,604 posts, read 70,467,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I am 61 years old. When I was young and watching 60 minutes with my parents, I can remember a story about autism. At that point children who had autism were wearing helmets and banging their heads in the things. And they would never get past that.

The reason that we have more autism now is because we now understand it’s on a spectrum. And as a spectrum, more people fall into it. I mean, I have blonde hair and blue eyes. But my blonde hair and blue eyes isn’t the typical Nordic blonde hair and blue eyes. My blonde hair is dark blonde. And my blue eyes are dark blue eyes like the English have. So blonde hair blue eyes there’s a spectrum of it.

I don’t know if you have ever seen the show the Big Bang Theory? It ran for 12 years. One of the characters was named Sheldon, and Sheldon was played by Jim Parsons, a wonderful actor. One of the things I read about this show was that the writers wrote Sheldon as if he was simply an odd academic. Jim Parsons chose to play him as if he was on the autism spectrum. It made for an interesting dichotomy. The people writing him would insist that Sheldon Cooper is not autistic. The actor playing him played him that way, and it worked.

My grand nephew is autistic. He is also nonverbal and they’re working with him very hard on this. But he is far from stupid. At three years old he was helping his father was something in the yard working on a piece of equipment. And the dad would say hand me a screwdriver and the kid would hand him the right screwdriver.

So it doesn’t surprise me that in the 50 some years since I saw that report on 60 minutes about headbanging autistic children that we have changed how we view autism. I’m sure you saw thought some daft crap when you first started your UFO research. That’s how research begins.

Since I’ve never done scientific research at all, I can only put this towards genealogical research that I’ve done. My family comes from the mountains of Pennsylvania. I made a lot of assumptions about those people that a lot of people make. One of which is the women get married at age 13 and start having babies. That’s never been true in my family. That’s never been true where my family is from. I have seen 18-year-olds get married. My brick wall which is in Frederick Maryland. I have a name for my sixth great grandmother but no last name. All those girls that supposedly fit, that other people have said is my Anna Maria, she’d be like anywhere from 10 to 12 years old marrying a 33-year-old man. I just don’t buy it. Mainly because 10 to 12 are not capable of having children. She would be a child herself. While marriage among very small children happened in the royal households in Europe to seal treaties, it didn’t happen in Frederick, Maryland. They would at least wait until the woman could have children before they married her off.

And cousins marrying. I believe that you know your parents, and your grandparents and your grandparents will remember their parents, I have never found anything closer than a third cousin getting married third cousins share I believe great great grandparents. There is very little DNA to share.
Errrr... You may be correct with that situation, but having children right then and on the spot was not always the motivation.

As an example, a 33 YO man with three kids under the age of six has his wife die in childbirth. He is not looking for a fecund mate as much as someone who can care for his existing kids, so that they don't have to go to an orphanage or get farmed off to neighbors. Another family that can't feed everyone in the family has to make hard decisions due to poverty. The boys can work in the fields. The ten YO girl is too young to work in the mills on her own safely, getting to an age where she might be a liability, and a neighbor has just lost his wife and is a good man.

Other subject - I've cared for a severely (institutionalized) autistic. It was very very sad, and head banging was somewhat common in a few patients, not just autistics. Sometimes people wonder why my views and viewpoints are different than the common ones. Reality at an early age is sobering.

Old 12-15-2020, 10:09 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,275,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Errrr... You may be correct with that situation, but having children right then and on the spot was not always the motivation.

As an example, a 33 YO man with three kids under the age of six has his wife die in childbirth. He is not looking for a fecund mate as much as someone who can care for his existing kids, so that they don't have to go to an orphanage or get farmed off to neighbors. Another family that can't feed everyone in the family has to make hard decisions due to poverty. The boys can work in the fields. The ten YO girl is too young to work in the mills on her own safely, getting to an age where she might be a liability, and a neighbor has just lost his wife and is a good man.

Other subject - I've cared for a severely (institutionalized) autistic. It was very very sad, and head banging was somewhat common in a few patients, not just autistics. Sometimes people wonder why my views and viewpoints are different than the common ones. Reality at an early age is sobering.
Anna Maria married, and her first child was a daughter baptized in born in 1764. I got the record. This daughter is my fifth great grandmother. I don’t even have a marriage record for Anna Maria and Conrad. And I have a website that shows the actual hand written records, and I’ve read them as much as I can. Bob Fouts genealogy. We have land records that place Conrad out of Frederick a little bit so I know there’s got to be a record out there somewhere... meanwhile everybody on ancestry is clicking a leaf that’s wrong and just adding it and it’s just compounding the problem.

Although I understand what you’re saying too. Life was very different back then.

And considering I was about 10 years old when I saw that 60 Minutes report, I think you can say it had a rather profound effect on me because I remember it.

Old 12-16-2020, 02:40 AM

I was going to stop bothering to post these kind-of warning posts, but I came across this article quoting a piece in the UK Guardian saying that there should be resuscitation facilities everywhere where the vaccine is given. This is because the vaccine should not be administered to anyone who has a severe allergy reaction. That means an allergic reaction to nuts, penecillin, etc where they need to carry one of those anaphylactic shock pens.

Source

Quote:
The Guardian is referring to the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, which has just been approved in the US.

Two people experiencing significant adverse effects may not sound important, particularly since they already a history of allergic reactions, but the following quote in the Guardian article raises major red flags a mile high:

“The MHRA [UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency] advice states: ‘Any person with a history of a significant allergic reaction to a vaccine, medicine or food (such as previous history of anaphylactoid reaction or those who have been advised to carry an adrenaline autoinjector) should not receive the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine. Resuscitation facilities should be available at all times for all vaccinations. Vaccination should only be carried out in facilities where resuscitation measures are available’.”

Old 12-16-2020, 04:32 AM

Quote:
a senior managerial executive of AstraZeneca has revealed in shocking details that the company could not be on the receiving end of any constitutional motion or face legal action for any possible side effects or unwanted reactions induced by its Covid-19 vaccine.

The company has agreements with governments as per which AstraZeneca cannot be held responsible for any side-effects of the vaccine and those affected will have no legal recourse.

AstraZeneca has been granted protection from future product liability claims related to its COVID-19 vaccine by most of the countries with which it has struck supply agreements
Source
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal