Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2020, 08:13 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,098,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no way to know that the virus you created would be capable of creating a pandemic.
Me? No, I wouldn't know. A virologist? I sort of think they would.

Old 04-25-2020, 09:40 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Me? No, I wouldn't know. A virologist? I sort of think they would.
There does not seem to be anyone on earth who predicted what SAS-CoV-2 is doing.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:02 AM

1,386 posts, read 999,198 times
I posted this on the health forum, but thought I'd also share with my brothers and sister in this forum.

MATH+ COVID19 Early Intervention Treatment Protocol, a treatment protocol with a high rate of success in this country and in others. And people just don't know about it. Watch the video, know the treatment, tell your doctor. As we've seen with other treatments, early intervention is key. When you're crashing and about to go on a ventilator, it's too late.

https://vimeo.com/408592657

--

Old 04-26-2020, 05:24 PM

In 2012, the Gates Foundation appoints Dr. Fauci to the steering committee of their Decade of Vaccines Collaboration.
https://www.gatesfoundation.org/Medi...-Collaboration

Dr Fauci then donates $3.7 million to the Wuhan lab in 2014, something Giulliani calls him out on according to this article published today:

Giuliani rips Fauci over grants to Wuhan laboratory
Quote:
Back in 2014, the Obama administration prohibited the U.S. from giving money to any laboratory, including in the U.S., that was fooling around with these viruses. Prohibited! Despite that, Dr. Fauci gave $3.7 million to the Wuhan laboratory — even after the State Department issued reports about how unsafe that laboratory was, and how suspicious they were in the way they were developing a virus that could be transmitted to humans," he claimed.

He added, "We never pulled that money. Something here is going on, John. I don’t want to make any accusations. But there was more knowledge about what was going on in China with our scientific people than they disclosed to us when this first came out. Just think of it: If this laboratory turns out to be the place where the virus came from, then we paid for it. We paid for the damn virus that’s killing us.”
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...Q4uCKnawqxtXos

Another coincidence! lol

Old 04-26-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
In 2012, the Gates Foundation appoints Dr. Fauci to the steering committee of their Decade of Vaccines Collaboration.
https://www.gatesfoundation.org/Medi...-Collaboration

Dr Fauci then donates $3.7 million to the Wuhan lab in 2014, something Giulliani calls him out on according to this article published today:

Giuliani rips Fauci over grants to Wuhan laboratory

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...Q4uCKnawqxtXos

Another coincidence! lol
The only problem is that $3.7 million was not granted to the Wuhan lab. It was given to EcoHealth Alliance and only part of the funds went to the Wuhan lab.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ob...han-lab-grant/

"It should also be noted that these grants were not awarded to fund a laboratory. They were awarded to fund research into how bat coronavirus could emerge and spread to human populations. The purpose of this kind of research, spurred into action by the 2002 SARS outbreak, is to understand the process of how coronaviruses become transmissible to humans."

Yes, the article is from Snopes, but anyone who challenges the content needs to prove that it is factually incorrect.

That is research to help learn how to prevent pandemics like the current one, research done in China because that is where the SARS like viruses are most likely to come from.

Old 04-26-2020, 05:57 PM

12,964 posts, read 9,485,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
One thing we have to keep in mind. This is a coronavirus. Previous coronaviruses are SARS and MERS.

Neither of these have vaccines.They haven’t found one.

There’s also no clear evidence that having antibodies protects you. This is what I keep trying to tell my sister who doesn’t want to seem to get it. As I keep saying, this is a baby virus. We don’t know what we don’t know. I think that’s going to be even more frustrating to people as this goes on, because there is this thinking that if Antibodies means protection, then vaccines will fix this. That’s not necessarily how this works. They’re a bunch of viruses that don’t do that. There’s a bunch of viruses that do do that.

But coronaviruses are also cold viruses and we get colds two or three times a year and there’s no shots for that. And never will be. But that doesn’t mean there won’t be one for COVID-19. It’s just too early to know.

Look at that drug they were using trying out — Resperdall? Trials here were good, apparently the trials in China didn’t work. Nobody’s talking about the trials that were in the third country which I can’t remember where it is and I don’t feel like looking it up.
Remdesivir?

Old 04-26-2020, 06:00 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,249,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Remdesivir?
That sounds more like it. I was really tired and didn’t feel like looking.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:22 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,059,059 times
Quote:
"It should also be noted that these grants were not awarded to fund a laboratory. They were awarded to fund research into how bat coronavirus could emerge and spread to human populations. The purpose of this kind of research, spurred into action by the 2002 SARS outbreak, is to understand the process of how coronaviruses become transmissible to humans."

I can buy that, but I'm convinced the researchers strayed from this original intent, and knowingly conducted years worth of gain of function experiments. Why they did that, is debatable. But there's no way something this destructive, this specific, could've evolved naturally. If that were possible, I'd vote to exterminate every single bat in existence, to prevent this from happening again.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I can buy that, but I'm convinced the researchers strayed from this original intent, and knowingly conducted years worth of gain of function experiments. Why they did that, is debatable. But there's no way something this destructive, this specific, could've evolved naturally. If that were possible, I'd vote to exterminate every single bat in existence, to prevent this from happening again.
Sure it could evolve naturally. SARS-CoV-1 and MERS did. You underestimate Mother Nature.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
The only problem is that $3.7 million was not granted to the Wuhan lab. It was given to EcoHealth Alliance and only part of the funds went to the Wuhan lab.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ob...han-lab-grant/

Yes, the article is from Snopes, but anyone who challenges the content needs to prove that it is factually incorrect.

That is research to help learn how to prevent pandemics like the current one, research done in China because that is where the SARS like viruses are most likely to come from.
Snopes is biased & even they came up with a 'mixed' rating, lol that's pretty bad. Research "to help learn how to prevent pandemics"? Just like Gates sponsored coronavirus pandemic in October was to learn more about pandemics?

Surely someone was taking notes on what not to do? With all that money & research you would have thought that Dr Fauci's instincts on COVID would have been above & beyond, say coschristi's instincts about COVID? Right?

Here is Fauci on January 24:
Quote:
Fauci also took care to praise the Chinese government for “being quite transparent” and said he was “impressed” with officials’ cooperation.
Well I disagreed with this on Jan 31 (now closed thread)
https://www.city-data.com/forum/57226211-post197.html

I mean, Wow, so with all that research money & Gate's mock outbreak; he should have been close to the mark, right? Well here is how it actually porogressed:

Fauci on Jan 26:
Quote:
But two days later, Fauci again minimized the virus’ impact and portrayed it as a Chinese issue, asserting that “it’s a very, very low risk to the United States. … It isn’t something the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about. Because we have ways of preparing and screening of people coming in [from China].”
And; Fauci on Jan 28th
Quote:
The CDC also pushed back on reports from China that persons without symptoms could be spreading the disease, saying it had not been able to verify them. Fauci went a step further, claiming that “in all the history of respiratory viruses, asymptomatic transmission has never been the driver of outbreaks. An epidemic is not driven by asymptomatic carriers.” Unfortunately, such guidance is coming under increasing scrutiny and may have helped the pandemic spread throughout the globe.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...al_142845.html

Here is me from Jan 31:
Quote:
I am also REALLY concerned with how this is being handled. It seems like literally the reverse of how it should be.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/29/plane-...e-lands-in-us/

Um. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this virus unusual for it's ability to infect asymptomatically? "Health screenings"?

01/31Why did it not say "tested for 2019-nCoV"?

Did the Alaskan Department of Health and Social Services check for "how do you feel & appear" & NOT TEST FOR 2019-nCoV? With an asymptomatically infecting pathogen?

Do the ADHSS not know any better? Doubtful. So why?
That's me, wondering why travel had not been shut down. I received no money in grants & am not an expert. As I continued to wonder about this in this also now closed thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/57226255-post199.html

And me again from another closed thread on 02/02:

Quote:
Oh this is nice. They plan on bringing more Coronavirus here. Right to my city actually. Or should I say more potential coronavirus. MORE evacuees. Why are they doing this backwards?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...ases-air-force

"The bases selected were: Travis Air Force Base in Solano County, Calif.; Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego County, Calif.; Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas; and the 168th Regiment Regional Training Institute at Fort Carson in Colorado Springs, Colo."

I have also heard that more of the evacuees in California have now tested positive for Coronavirus but now I can't find that link.

I feel like this is being handled backwards. I do not trust the "authorities" at all.
The whole thing was being handled like all that money & research had been spent to figure out exactly how NOT to do it & that's how & why we are in this mess. Here is another gem boirn out of all that money & research. Fauci on Feb 18: (same link as above)
Quote:
Weeks later, Fauci was still downplaying the risks, saying on Feb. 18 that the “hypothetical danger of coronavirus” to America was “just minuscule” compared to the “real and present danger” of the seasonal flu.
So sorry; this is why I do not trust China, Fauci, the WHO & the CDC. All that money & research & they seem to be doing what they surely learned not to do. Fauci was wrong about the 'Chinese transparency', he was wrong about asymptomatic transmission, he was wrong about the risk. You can't possibly think that I am going to forgo my unfunded, unproven but RIGHT instincts NOW, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal