Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2020, 01:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,154,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What facts in the Snopes article do you disagree with? Be specific, please.

The Gates foundation participated in the October pandemic table exercise. So did Johns Hopkins University. Do you have issues with Johns Hopkins, too? No? Then your antivax bias is showing with regards to Gates.

It was the politicians who did not listen to the scientists, including Dr. Fauci, who had warned for years about another SARS virus emerging.

At the time when the comments about person to person spread and the perceived risk to the US were made, the extent of person to person transmission and longer duration of spreading from asymptomatic people were not known. No one could predict that SARS-CoV-2 would behave so differently from the 2003 SARS virus.

All you have done with this post is confirm what I said: what Dr. Fauci has said has changed based on new evidence as it became available. That was inevitable.
I didn't say I disagreed with that article, I take issue with Snopes bias in general.

I'm sorry but if I knew something was going terribly wrong, Fauci should have known. My infection control experience is only afforded me by my RN. An acute care hospital RN. Fauci is an expert. It was OBVIOUS there was person to person transmission, including asymptomatic transmission as well.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:02 PM

4,190 posts, read 5,096,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Summary, please?

He's saying that Fauci/Birx/Redner/etc. aren't taking the time to fully explain to John Q. Public why they are making the decisions that they are. That they are presenting themselves as the ultimate, final authority, beyond reproach, and that they are basically saying "trust us", in a condescending manner.

Why aren't they explaining to us the pro's and con's of locking down early, vs. locking down late... and whether or not social distancing at a particular time point relative to the pandemic spread makes any mathematical difference in the total number of people that we expect to die. The maker of the video says that these numbers are simple to explain, yet they aren't being discussed. He says that we know alot about these numbers, despite this virus being novel. We know that these numbers are dependent on population density, on living conditions, on transportation patterns. We are not going to need to invent new math to understand this outbreak. He is imploring people to read up on basic epidemiology, so that we can (when necessary) challenge the decisions being made by those in power. He goes on a slight rant about the CARES act, with regards to how it incentivizes hospitals to inflate the # of covid cases/deaths. Lastly, he claims that testing is given priority in locations where the R naught is going down, and that by testing only sick people, the R naught is thus inflated back to a higher value.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:28 PM

17 posts, read 9,160 times
Coronavirus hits. And now the U.S. Navy releases footage of UFO encounters.

WE HAVE BEEN VISITED BY ALIENS WHICH BROUGHT WITH THEM THE CORONAVIRUS. AND NOW THE U.S. GOVERNMENT IS EASING THE IDEA OF ALIEN LIFE ON US BY RELEASING THE UFO FOOTAGE.

In addition, now we read the coronavirus attacks the blood system, resulting in severe clotting, just like in the movie "The Andromeda Strain" which was an early U.S. covert propaganda effort to get us used to the idea of alien life.

It is all a conspiracy. As another example, just like the use of flu vaccines in the X-Files, another covert propaganda effort.

Keep watching the skies!

Old 04-28-2020, 05:39 PM

7,022 posts, read 6,950,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icy tea
There's been a war on our food production for a while now. Anti wheat, the anti gluten propaganda has increased. They still push GMO corn despite is negative impact on the environment and the health problems corn syrup causes. Dairy has been under fire and we're told to drink artificial concoctions like soy milk and almond milk. Now they want us to stop eating meat to fight global warming. This is convenient.
It is not on foood production, it is on the health of the nation. 40% of people in the USA are obese and are just keeping the health insurance companies making millions of profit. People do not want to suffer and get cancer, diabetes, and other illnesses, so why are they eating so much bad stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere
ALL of the changes wrought by this are "convenient"; sure makes you wonder! Either they got lucky with a naturally occurring event and are just exploiting it to the hilt, or...???
exploiting it, of course. What do you expect?

Aliens have been here for thousands of years, whats new?

Old 04-28-2020, 06:25 PM

37,283 posts, read 41,518,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I didn't say I disagreed with that article, I take issue with Snopes bias in general.

I'm sorry but if I knew something was going terribly wrong, Fauci should have known. My infection control experience is only afforded me by my RN. An acute care hospital RN. Fauci is an expert. It was OBVIOUS there was person to person transmission, including asymptomatic transmission as well.
Well, do not accuse the writer of the article of being biased just because it is Snopes, then.

Yep, it was obvious once it was obvious. Not so much before it was obvious and the long asymptomatic period was identified.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:58 AM

22,107 posts, read 13,217,402 times
Masks are now "mandatory" where I live. Anyone else wonder why the SG was telling us they were useless, even harmful, and now they're required? How dumb do they think we are???

Old 04-29-2020, 06:20 AM

2,457 posts, read 1,720,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Masks are now "mandatory" where I live. Anyone else wonder why the SG was telling us they were useless, even harmful, and now they're required? How dumb do they think we are???
The average person is really stupid and in most cases does not have the mental capability to make intelligent choices for themselves.

The problem is getting people to wear the correct kind of mask. Then you have all the scammers trying to sell masks and saying their completely worthless mask is the type that works.

Form fitting masks like N95s are to help keep you from catching anything.

All those loose fitting ER/doctor type masks are to keep the person wearing it from spreading disease. These type of mask can make it worse because they do not filter anything. They are open on the sides and can trap the virus in it till you breath it in.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:56 AM

11,024 posts, read 7,892,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I don't know who the SG is, or why I should know. But I do know that in the early stages of the disease it was not believed the virus could be transmitted from human to human. Then there was also the problem of vastly inadequate supplies of all personal protective equipment.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:20 AM

19,812 posts, read 20,410,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPluto View Post
Coronavirus hits. And now the U.S. Navy releases footage of UFO encounters.

WE HAVE BEEN VISITED BY ALIENS WHICH BROUGHT WITH THEM THE CORONAVIRUS. AND NOW THE U.S. GOVERNMENT IS EASING THE IDEA OF ALIEN LIFE ON US BY RELEASING THE UFO FOOTAGE.

In addition, now we read the coronavirus attacks the blood system, resulting in severe clotting, just like in the movie "The Andromeda Strain" which was an early U.S. covert propaganda effort to get us used to the idea of alien life.

It is all a conspiracy. As another example, just like the use of flu vaccines in the X-Files, another covert propaganda effort.

Keep watching the skies!

But it was bats! They said it was from bats!

Old 04-29-2020, 08:28 AM

11,024 posts, read 7,892,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
But it was bats! They said it was from bats!
But "they" (whoever "they" are) lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal