Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2020, 06:53 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times

Advertisements

That's interesting.

Where I live an actual distinct diagnosis is not used. Most death certificates simply state "natural causes" here, and you would need to request the medical records to find what exact natural cause was the culprit. Unless the family requests and stores the deceased medical records for posterity, after a certain amount of time that information may find itself lost to time, and someone doing research for genealogy or whatever will only be able to find 'natural causes'.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:16 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times
I would be surprised if that were true. The US certificate is typical of those used worldwide. Natural refers to manner of death, as opposed to accident, suicide, or homicide. See the samples at the link I gave.

If you get a death certificate for genealogy purposes the cause of death may be redacted, unless you are a direct family member.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:55 PM

15,641 posts, read 26,273,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I would be surprised if that were true. The US certificate is typical of those used worldwide. Natural refers to manner of death, as opposed to accident, suicide, or homicide. See the samples at the link I gave.

If you get a death certificate for genealogy purposes the cause of death may be redacted, unless you are a direct family member.
Possibly if you are requesting a newer one which I have never done -- but on Ancestry, the death certs are uploadable and full view... if you can read the doctor's chicken scratch. Almost all the ones I have are very readable... and the few I've requested, have been early 1900's and complete.

I've never seen natural causes -- and there is a list for secondary contributory conditions. So, cirrhosis, chronic alcoholism. Psychotic breakdown, manic depression. Great grandfather's second wife.

Sometimes it's just one thing -- like heart attack.

My family history is in PA.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Possibly if you are requesting a newer one which I have never done -- but on Ancestry, the death certs are uploadable and full view... if you can read the doctor's chicken scratch. Almost all the ones I have are very readable... and the few I've requested, have been early 1900's and complete.

I've never seen natural causes -- and there is a list for secondary contributory conditions. So, cirrhosis, chronic alcoholism. Psychotic breakdown, manic depression. Great grandfather's second wife.

Sometimes it's just one thing -- like heart attack.

My family history is in PA.
We are referring to current death certificates, though. There are examples at the previous link I gave with directions for filling them out with regard to COVID-19. There is a section for Manner of Death. That includes natural as an option.

When I ordered death certificates for some of my grandparents and great grandparents, early to mid twentieth century, here in GA, they initially sent me redacted copies. As a direct descendant I was able to get unredacted copies. I was somewhat put out as when I ordered them I made sure they knew I was a descendant.

Some death certificates are available online but not all. Georgia has some through its own archives.

Old 05-09-2020, 12:23 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,586,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, he has got it wrong. A case should be counted as COVID-19 when the total clinical presentation, in the professional opinion of the person assigning the cause of death, is compatible with COVID-19. That does not mean anyone who has a few symptoms on the list known to be symptoms of COVID-19 sholuld be counted as a case. It is symptoms, physical findings, blood test results, x-ray results, blood oxygen levels, and clinical course: the whole package. No one is labeling deaths unrelated to COVID-19 as COVID-19 just to get more money and no one i putting people in the ICU just to make more money.
I wish that were the case but as I have pointed out worldwide there are disputed death certificates with covid-19 as the cause. Family members who know their relatives medical history know it is false and numerous doctors and nurses have confessed as well. This is not some YouTube or social media conspiracy as non-believers would say.

I agree with you and think Elon embellished how they report it. However, there are deaths in France, Italy, Spain and so on that should not be called Covid related deaths on their certificates. Italy and Spain have already said a month ago they are going back over the death certs from the reporting inconsistencies. I am pretty sure NYC is inflating their deaths too. 99% of the deaths reported serious co-morbidities which means these people could easily have died in months or less than a few years w/o symptoms of Covid. A normal healthy person has a far greater chance to recover than a 300 lb smoker, a 5ft 5-inch 250 lb unhealthy person, someone who's had heart surgery, ovr 65 yrs old, etc. Basically your classic high-risk groups and they were abundant in NYC hospitals from the news.

Just because you posted the CDC guidelines, as if the USA's guidelines rule the world, is not always followed and assumptive. To say how all deaths reported is accurate is inconsiderate to the families. We don't know everything. I certainly don't know all either but to disregard it because you have a link to CDC guidelines and say all nurses and doctors do their reporting correctly is not right. I ask you to research the deaths reported as Covid being inaccurate in another language and come back with a different perspective.
obrigado ate logo

Habla espanol, frances, or portugues?

Ask yourself shouldn't other big dense & dirtier cities worldwide have much more deaths as Covid related?

Why only NYC has this? only New York city's high percentage sounds odd to me & inflated. Not Mexico City, not São Paulo, not Bangkok, not cities in Africa, India.....etc.

Perhaps because they are likely reporting deaths accurately (and NYC is NOT). There is no huge spike in number of deaths annually in any COD category in the world's largest cities. I think we will find out more truth in a year or so about China's reporting and NYC's. One of these two cities reporting is very wrong and I say NYC is because it's all politics.

I am practicing distancing and cleanliness out of respect for people anyway. I am not a non-believer in the strength of the virus.

best regards.

Last edited by frankrj; 05-09-2020 at 01:06 PM..

Old 05-09-2020, 03:44 PM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Viruses mutate and evolve and diverge into different forms as they jump from species to species. They have DNA and RNA just like other life forms.
Coronavirus was actually defined in the 1930s in chickens but most likely it's existed in some way, shape, or form since pre-history.
As was stated, there was SARS, there was MERS....
There are new viruses every year, often coming from birds or pigs or other animals that people raise for food. Some pass through relatively unnoticed or may have been that few days you felt sick last year. This one just happens to be more contagious than usual and more life-threatening in nature than some others.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:47 PM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
But do we, though? They're just so..... BATTY.

.....kind of like this topic.
That was cool!

Yes, dear, we do need bats. When my daughter was little we joined the Bat Conservancy. They are a vital part of our ecosystem, and we'd have a heck of a lot more mosquitoes--possibly carrying different lethal diseases--if we didn't have bats gobbling them up every night.

Old 05-09-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
I wish that were the case but as I have pointed out worldwide there are disputed death certificates with covid-19 as the cause. Family members who know their relatives medical history know it is false and numerous doctors and nurses have confessed as well. This is not some YouTube or social media conspiracy as non-believers would say.

I agree with you and think Elon embellished how they report it. However, there are deaths in France, Italy, Spain and so on that should not be called Covid related deaths on their certificates. Italy and Spain have already said a month ago they are going back over the death certs from the reporting inconsistencies. I am pretty sure NYC is inflating their deaths too. 99% of the deaths reported serious co-morbidities which means these people could easily have died in months or less than a few years w/o symptoms of Covid. A normal healthy person has a far greater chance to recover than a 300 lb smoker, a 5ft 5-inch 250 lb unhealthy person, someone who's had heart surgery, ovr 65 yrs old, etc. Basically your classic high-risk groups and they were abundant in NYC hospitals from the news.

Just because you posted the CDC guidelines, as if the USA's guidelines rule the world, is not always followed and assumptive. To say how all deaths reported is accurate is inconsiderate to the families. We don't know everything. I certainly don't know all either but to disregard it because you have a link to CDC guidelines and say all nurses and doctors do their reporting correctly is not right. I ask you to research the deaths reported as Covid being inaccurate in another language and come back with a different perspective.
obrigado ate logo

Habla espanol, frances, or portugues?

Ask yourself shouldn't other big dense & dirtier cities worldwide have much more deaths as Covid related?

Why only NYC has this? only New York city's high percentage sounds odd to me & inflated. Not Mexico City, not São Paulo, not Bangkok, not cities in Africa, India.....etc.

Perhaps because they are likely reporting deaths accurately (and NYC is NOT). There is no huge spike in number of deaths annually in any COD category in the world's largest cities. I think we will find out more truth in a year or so about China's reporting and NYC's. One of these two cities reporting is very wrong and I say NYC is because it's all politics.

I am practicing distancing and cleanliness out of respect for people anyway. I am not a non-believer in the strength of the virus.

best regards.
Why assume those other cities are reporting correct numbers? Isn't it just as likely that they are under reporting?

I have said nothing about other countries, only clarifying what the CDC guidelines are for the US.

Should two deaths with identical clinical courses result in one being counted because a test was done and the other not counted, just because a test was not done? You are aware of the problems the US has had with testing, including false negatives, aren't you?

Old 05-09-2020, 06:33 PM

4,183 posts, read 5,067,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
"man-made" and "zoonotic" are relative terms in this context.
Yes, man cannot make a virus of this sort, if by make you mean build it from scratch, using proteins, etc.
Yes, previous coronavirus have jumped from animals to humans.
This coronavirus was very likely engineered - the lab manipulated an existing bat virus backbone by combining it with a pangolin spike protein, then ran it through successive generations of ferrets, so as to make it appear natural, and to make it behave a certain way. No other coronavirus shows anywhere near the affinity for the ACE2 pathway that this one does. If you want to believe that Mother Nature was playing roulette, then go ahead. She must really hate humans if that's the case.
So here is a paper that adds another facet with regards to how this virus was likely engineered -- the unusually high ability to evade detection by the human immune system:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32289821

And, we closed our schools too early --

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....full.pdf+html

...thereby guaranteeing a second wave, which will be more destructive

Old 05-09-2020, 07:14 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,884,777 times
Now they think that llamas (the animal kind) could help produce antibodies for us against the virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal