Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2020, 09:55 AM

102,251 posts, read 108,166,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
But it was bats! They said it was from bats!
Genetic analysis of Covid19 shows elements in it that come from pangolins. Here's one version of the article debunking the theory, that it was man-made. The NIH also has a similar article based on this info, on their website.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...nalysis-nature

Old 04-29-2020, 10:06 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,003,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I'm sorry but if I knew something was going terribly wrong, Fauci should have known. My infection control experience is only afforded me by my RN. An acute care hospital RN. Fauci is an expert. It was OBVIOUS there was person to person transmission, including asymptomatic transmission as well.
Easy for you to say, after the fact, that you knew and Fauci should have known. Keep in mind, he works for Donald Trump, who was as late as February calling the whole issue a hoax.

--

Old 04-29-2020, 10:10 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,929,491 times
OK guys let's clear up the misconceptions:

Corona-virus by definition is a zoonoic, i.e. occuring in animals It existed before this latest outbreak and was "discovered" in chickens in the 1930s. This latest version is a novel strain of it and is almost identical to the strain found in bats. We know it originated from Wuhan China because that was the first occurrence. It is naturally occurring, it's not man made - weather the original exposure was from a wet market in or a nearby lab playing with the virus and exposed a vial or something, doesn't really matter on that fact (as, obviously, naturally occurring viruses are also researched in a lab and one can also be exposed to it).

The current theory is may have been transmitted from a bat, to a pangolin, to a human.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:13 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,929,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
Easy for you to say, after the fact, that you knew and Fauci should have known. Keep in mind, he works for Donald Trump, who was as late as February calling the whole issue a hoax.

--
this isn't the P&C forum, but just to clarify
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/
Snoopes call it a mixture as it was clearly taken out of context and he was referring to his impeachment:
"Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

Old 04-29-2020, 11:12 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,124,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Masks are now "mandatory" where I live. Anyone else wonder why the SG was telling us they were useless, even harmful, and now they're required? How dumb do they think we are???
I was sneered at for wearing one & putting one on my son, to go into the hospital for care for my son in January.

I didn't care, I left it on. I'm an RN & the person who sneered at me was a unit clerk, lol. It was obvious in January.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Well, do not accuse the writer of the article of being biased just because it is Snopes, then.

Yep, it was obvious once it was obvious. Not so much before it was obvious and the long asymptomatic period was identified.
It was obvious in January.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post

--
But I didn't say it after the fact. I have been saying it since January. I prepped in January. I wore masks in January. I wrote posts here on CD, complaining about the lack of response in January.

Personally I feel like Trump couldn't win with the circus he had to rely on.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Personally I feel like Trump couldn't win with the circus he had to rely on.
You mean like Mike Pence? Ringleader of the circus?

--

Last edited by Bill790; 04-29-2020 at 01:10 PM..

Old 04-29-2020, 12:34 PM

4,184 posts, read 5,077,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
...debunking the theory, that it was man-made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Corona-virus by definition is a zoonoic...

"man-made" and "zoonotic" are relative terms in this context.

Yes, man cannot make a virus of this sort, if by make you mean build it from scratch, using proteins, etc.

Yes, previous coronavirus have jumped from animals to humans.

This coronavirus was very likely engineered - the lab manipulated an existing bat virus backbone by combining it with a pangolin spike protein, then ran it through successive generations of ferrets, so as to make it appear natural, and to make it behave a certain way. No other coronavirus shows anywhere near the affinity for the ACE2 pathway that this one does. If you want to believe that Mother Nature was playing roulette, then go ahead. She must really hate humans if that's the case.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
this isn't the P&C forum, but just to clarify
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/
Snoopes call it a mixture as it was clearly taken out of context and he was referring to his impeachment:
"Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."
I'm really not trying to politicize this issue. History will judge Fauci on the way handled the coronavirus pandemic. Personally, I can't make a judgement on that at this point. But you have to measure Fauci's response in the context of a Trump presidency. Say what you will about Donald Trump, you have to admit he is not a man who likes to be disagreed with. By many accounts he was determined to downplay the seriousness of the pandemic until he saw (on TV) body bags being loaded onto reefer trucks in the back of a hospital in Queens.

--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal