Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2020, 10:52 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

This is a positive sense virus:

Positive-sense (5′-to-3′) viral RNA signifies that a particular viral RNA sequence may be directly translated into viral proteins (e.g., those needed for viral replication). Therefore, in positive-sense RNA viruses, the viral RNA genome can be considered viral mRNA, and can be immediately translated by the host cell. Unlike negative-sense RNA, positive-sense RNA is of the same sense as mRNA. Some viruses (e.g. Coronaviridae) have positive-sense genomes that can act as mRNA and be used directly to synthesize proteins without the help of a complementary RNA intermediate. Because of this, these viruses do not need to have an RNA polymerase packaged into the virion—the RNA polymerase will be one of the first proteins produced by the host cell, since it is needed in order for the virus's genome to be replicated.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:42 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,487,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You don't want to do that, we need bats!
But do we, though? They're just so..... BATTY.

.....kind of like this topic.

Old 05-08-2020, 02:29 AM

19,769 posts, read 20,340,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
But do we, though? They're just so..... BATTY.

.....kind of like this topic.
We're gonna need them for all the mosquitoes, killer hornets and the plague of locusts coming..

Old 05-08-2020, 02:35 AM

19,769 posts, read 20,340,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I was going to summarize the various conspiracy theory but it's tough to keep up. I think I recorded these:

The "Bill Gates Caused It All" theory by the bold text guy who has since disappeared, which begs the troubling question - did Bill Gates use his powers to "silence him"?

The "Coronavirus is just a Myth for the Government to Control us" theory. Again that kind of died out, maybe the guy caught the virus.

The "5G Cell Phones Caused the Virus by Emitting Virus Causing Brain Waves" theory. This one was sort of a spin off of the Bill Gates theory. This is the one were we can actually prescribe that a Tin Foil Hat will truly protect a person.

The "China Created a Weapon" theory. Actually it's more like *insert your major power here* created a weapon. Sometimes it's China, sometimes it's the US.

That's as far as I got, did I miss any?
Lookin good, lookin good.

Ok, we gotta add in the alien theory now, pizzagate, and then there's the Rapture.

I think somebody said they saw Bigfoot, too. And a Littlefoot.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:49 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,005,590 times
Quote:
The "Bill Gates Caused It All" theory by the bold text guy who has since disappeared, which begs the troubling question - did Bill Gates use his powers to "silence him"?
Bold text and multicolored font "guy." But I think it was gal, not a guy.

--

Old 05-08-2020, 11:11 AM

15,642 posts, read 26,318,136 times
Quote:
I was going to summarize the various conspiracy theory but it's tough to keep up. I think I recorded these:

The "Coronavirus is just a Myth for the Government to Control us" theory. Again that kind of died out, maybe the guy caught the virus.

The "5G Cell Phones Caused the Virus by Emitting Virus Causing Brain Waves" theory. This one was sort of a spin off of the Bill Gates theory. This is the one were we can actually prescribe that a Tin Foil Hat will truly protect a person.

The "China Created a Weapon" theory. Actually it's more like *insert your major power here* created a weapon. Sometimes it's China, sometimes it's the US.

That's as far as I got, did I miss any?
I think it says a lot that when I declared that I was going to remove the bold texting and colors from all posts, she claimed I was ruining her “fun” and stopped posting. I think if she really had something to say that was real, and not goofing on us, she would’ve been back.

Old 05-08-2020, 02:54 PM

4,184 posts, read 5,084,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
This is a positive sense virus:

Positive-sense (5′-to-3′) viral RNA signifies that a particular viral RNA sequence may be directly translated into viral proteins (e.g., those needed for viral replication). Therefore, in positive-sense RNA viruses, the viral RNA genome can be considered viral mRNA, and can be immediately translated by the host cell. Unlike negative-sense RNA, positive-sense RNA is of the same sense as mRNA. Some viruses (e.g. Coronaviridae) have positive-sense genomes that can act as mRNA and be used directly to synthesize proteins without the help of a complementary RNA intermediate. Because of this, these viruses do not need to have an RNA polymerase packaged into the virion—the RNA polymerase will be one of the first proteins produced by the host cell, since it is needed in order for the virus's genome to be replicated.

Another diversion -- https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2313-x

Old 05-08-2020, 03:14 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Just commented on that in the Current Events thread:

Most of what was in that article has already been published, the histological aspects were interesting though. Not so sure about the assumed claim of recombination since other papers suggest otherwise.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:25 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,594,405 times
skip to 1:28 (one-hour 28 minutes) of the 2 hour video. Joe Rogan Experience #1470 with Elon Musk recorded a few days ago about Covid deaths being inflated and for money.
youtube.com/watch?v=RcYjXbSJBN8

It is also what I have repeated for the last month, that's said by doctors worldwide. I knew there was an incentive to do that. I am not just an English Speaker so I do have facts. Even if or when I list them some people just disregard facts like a cornflake in your mouth and calling it a cheerio.

Last edited by frankrj; 05-08-2020 at 05:33 PM..

Old 05-08-2020, 06:32 PM

37,217 posts, read 41,421,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
skip to 1:28 (one-hour 28 minutes) of the 2 hour video. Joe Rogan Experience #1470 with Elon Musk recorded a few days ago about Covid deaths being inflated and for money.
youtube.com/watch?v=RcYjXbSJBN8

It is also what I have repeated for the last month, that's said by doctors worldwide. I knew there was an incentive to do that. I am not just an English Speaker so I do have facts. Even if or when I list them some people just disregard facts like a cornflake in your mouth and calling it a cheerio.
No, he has got it wrong. A case should be counted as COVID-19 when the total clinical presentation, in the professional opinion of the person assigning the cause of death, is compatible with COVID-19. That does not mean anyone who has a few symptoms on the list known to be symptoms of COVID-19 sholuld be counted as a case. It is symptoms, physical findings, blood test results, x-ray results, blood oxygen levels, and clinical course: the whole package.

If the only thing is that testing was not done for some reason, and a lot of people did not get tested for various reasons, the cause of death can be reported as "probable" or "presumptive." That is done all the time with death certificates. For example, when a cause of death is listed as myocardial infarction (heart attack) it is rarely confirmed with an autopsy.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

"An accurate count of the number of deaths due to COVID–19 infection, which depends in part on proper death certification,is critical to ongoing public health surveillance and response.When a death is due to COVID–19, it is likely the UCOD [underlying cause of death] and thus, it should be reported on the lowest line used in Part I of the death certificate. Ideally, testing for COVID–19 should be conducted, but it is acceptable to report COVID–19 on a death certificate without this confirmation if the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty."

The hospital reimbursement is done using the same criteria as for other reasons for hospitalization, and hospitals get paid more if a patient is in the ICU, no matter the diagnosis. There is extra money for facilities treating COVID-19, but most of that will go to hard hit areas like NYC. No one is labeling deaths unrelated to COVID-19 as COVID-19 just to get more money and no one is putting people in the ICU just to make more money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal