Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 08:36 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
And why wouldn't I? These sites are selling and I am not buying. Have you ever seen a scientific paper that starts off with eerie music and dark lights? If we listened to you we would all own a deed to the Brooklyn Bridge! You have hundreds or maybe thousands of replies on here without one little tiny scrap of evidence. With you, it is all about talking us into believing.

You said that you will be going into the field shortly. I just hope you can bring back something worth looking at. Right now your team is really striking out with nothing but a lot of garbage videos. It is amazing that about 350,000,000 of us live here and nobody can produce anything to start off a good investigation. The last fifty years have not been good for Big Foot. It is slowly making the transition to a myth instead of reality.
Well, like Ive said before, there are many videos and pictures I do not find credible (like those that have scary music playing).

For me, its the quantity of reports, and over such long periods of time, and from many different parts of the world, there are just TOO MANY that are identical to each other. Mis identification is likely a factor in many of these, but I look for reports that stand out, (where mis identification could not be a factor), for instance, bears do not have long tails or slender waists, and this varies, depending on distance from the witness to the creature spotted too.

Behavior is also something I look at, bears are extremely territorial, especially if there are cubs in the area! If I read a 'Dogman sighting' and it says the creature high tails it out of the area as fast as possible...that behavior tells me its probably not a bear being mis identified.

We just look at these things in drastically different ways!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 10:12 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, like Ive said before, there are many videos and pictures I do not find credible (like those that have scary music playing).

For me, its the quantity of reports, and over such long periods of time, and from many different parts of the world, there are just TOO MANY that are identical to each other. Mis identification is likely a factor in many of these, but I look for reports that stand out, (where mis identification could not be a factor), for instance, bears do not have long tails or slender waists, and this varies, depending on distance from the witness to the creature spotted too.

Behavior is also something I look at, bears are extremely territorial, especially if there are cubs in the area! If I read a 'Dogman sighting' and it says the creature high tails it out of the area as fast as possible...that behavior tells me its probably not a bear being mis identified.

We just look at these things in drastically different ways!
Those 'quantity' and 'quality' reports could be written by AI today! Or they could be written by people that have a job because of Big Foot! All it is is fiction without some validation of the material (hard evidence) contained in those reports.

Bears are not territorial unless somebody is feeding them. They cover great distances looking for food. Female bears can be protective of their young. But far fewer people are killed every year by bears than horses, cows, deer (auto accidents), and domesticated dogs. "Extremely territorial" is not a great description. Of course, you want to give a mother and her cubs' room. Here is a list from Wikipedia of all the people killed by bears in both Canada and the US: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._North_America. If you notice some years there were no fatal bear attacks. Using Wikipedia again (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lities_in_2020) compare the bear attacks in North America with just the 2020 fatal dog attacks in the US. Perhaps you should use the term "extremely territorial" for Fido!

Old 07-12-2020, 09:16 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHv0SGfW4s8&t=570s

Take a look at 9:27 - 9:30 in the second video. The first one shows a creature way far away that does look really weird that's just focused on a deer. It couldn't take its eyes off that deer.

But in the second video the guys filming it (it's from Brazil) take off through some old rubbish houses and yards, all the time hootin' and hollerin' with the dogs in the nearby area. I don't know but around 9:30 you'll see a really weird looking creature look right at the camera and it's not a settling sight. I'll put it that way. If this is a hoax these people have a large imagination. Check it out. Pretty trippy looking creature in Dogman video #2. Watch how quick it takes off once spotted. Its really kind of goofy because these people filming it are shining a light out at it. It is a really weird looking creature, though. An odd-shaped head, indeed.
What I saw at the 9:30 mark was an opossum. Watch it again.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
What I saw at the 9:30 mark was an opossum. Watch it again.
It did not have the movements of an opossum. It did have the movement of a human in a costume. While some of its features looked like it could have been a opossum; they do not move fast. They will show teeth and quickly lash out at anything very close, but they are not quick at running away from danger.

Old 07-13-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
It did not have the movements of an opossum. It did have the movement of a human in a costume. While some of its features looked like it could have been a opossum; they do not move fast. They will show teeth and quickly lash out at anything very close, but they are not quick at running away from danger.
How can you (or any of us), know what the 'normal movements' of a Dogman look like? How do you know their normal movements...look similar to this or a guy in a suit?

According to witness descriptions that have seen them move, they are said to have a bobbing motion as they walk bipedally, when running on all fours, majority of witnesses claim the movements are weird...both front legs reach out and 'grab' the ground, (pushing back), the 2 rear legs then come forward, and propel it forward.(similar to the way big cats run).

Old 07-13-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
How can you (or any of us), know what the 'normal movements' of a Dogman look like? How do you know their normal movements...look similar to this or a guy in a suit?

According to witness descriptions that have seen them move, they are said to have a bobbing motion as they walk bipedally, when running on all fours, majority of witnesses claim the movements are weird...both front legs reach out and 'grab' the ground, (pushing back), the 2 rear legs then come forward, and propel it forward.(similar to the way big cats run).
Virtually every day I see wildlife. In a few minutes, I will look out my back door at the fawns playing. Opossums are slow unless you get your fingers too close and then their heads can move quickly. I looked at that film frame by frame where Zero 7 said to look and I am giving you my best opinion. I am not god and I can make a mistake. But I am trying to give you honest opinions based on my experience. It looked phoney to me.

Regardless, it should be just about time for your expedition. Hopefully, you will be able to bring back some solid evidence.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Virtually every day I see wildlife. In a few minutes, I will look out my back door at the fawns playing. Opossums are slow unless you get your fingers too close and then their heads can move quickly. I looked at that film frame by frame where Zero 7 said to look and I am giving you my best opinion. I am not god and I can make a mistake. But I am trying to give you honest opinions based on my experience. It looked phoney to me.

Regardless, it should be just about time for your expedition. Hopefully, you will be able to bring back some solid evidence.
Im not expecting to get video or pictures when I go over there...The guy has some pictures already too, (blurry blobs), it looks like he tried different times of day, different angles, etc, like I said in another thread, the clearest picture he has, (it looks more like a gorilla on all fours)...so Why should I expect to capture something different, when he wasnt able to? LOL

Old 07-14-2020, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Im not expecting to get video or pictures when I go over there...The guy has some pictures already too, (blurry blobs), it looks like he tried different times of day, different angles, etc, like I said in another thread, the clearest picture he has, (it looks more like a gorilla on all fours)...so Why should I expect to capture something different, when he wasnt able to? LOL
If you do see something you cannot explain maybe you will be better at collecting evidence. Most wildlife follow trails; they have predictable paths to waterholes or through restrictions in the terrain where they can find prey. These are key places hunters use to set up trail cameras or look for tracks or scat or any signs of the animals they will hunt. Many of our most successful hunters spend many hours scouting before the season starts.

What you will really be looking for is something that does not look too phony. You want to make sure you are not being set up. Good luck!

Old 07-14-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
If you do see something you cannot explain maybe you will be better at collecting evidence. Most wildlife follow trails; they have predictable paths to waterholes or through restrictions in the terrain where they can find prey. These are key places hunters use to set up trail cameras or look for tracks or scat or any signs of the animals they will hunt. Many of our most successful hunters spend many hours scouting before the season starts.

What you will really be looking for is something that does not look too phony. You want to make sure you are not being set up. Good luck!
Ive been over there twice so far, that is plenty of opportunity to set me up if he had wanted to. heck, considering his extreme claims, I think he would have done this my first time there.

This is also why I wanted to go to that Dollar General near his house...If these things are on his property, they will also be in the immediate area too, and if I go and sit in the DG parking lot one night, without letting anyone know Im doing it, a 'set up' would be impossible, (since no one knew I was going to be in the area.)...However its tough to find time to go do this, when I get off work, Im usually wore out and dont feel like driving close to an hour and sitting in some parking lot for a few hours, especially since even if I do happen to see something, it will still just be WORDS from me, unless I kill the thing and upload a picture of the fresh carcass...who would believe what I say? LOL I will just become one more 'unproven sighting report' (that cannot be verified or confirmed).

Ive read so many reports and heard from him, when you see one of these things, the fear level is said to be HIGH...this is what Im going to be looking for...I want to 'feel' that and see if its accurate, Ive sort of went over this in my mind, (how I would react if I did see one), but without actually experiencing it, Im not sure I know what to expect.

Old 07-14-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Ive been over there twice so far, that is plenty of opportunity to set me up if he had wanted to. heck, considering his extreme claims, I think he would have done this my first time there.

This is also why I wanted to go to that Dollar General near his house...If these things are on his property, they will also be in the immediate area too, and if I go and sit in the DG parking lot one night, without letting anyone know Im doing it, a 'set up' would be impossible, (since no one knew I was going to be in the area.)...However its tough to find time to go do this, when I get off work, Im usually wore out and dont feel like driving close to an hour and sitting in some parking lot for a few hours, especially since even if I do happen to see something, it will still just be WORDS from me, unless I kill the thing and upload a picture of the fresh carcass...who would believe what I say? LOL I will just become one more 'unproven sighting report' (that cannot be verified or confirmed).

Ive read so many reports and heard from him, when you see one of these things, the fear level is said to be HIGH...this is what Im going to be looking for...I want to 'feel' that and see if its accurate, Ive sort of went over this in my mind, (how I would react if I did see one), but without actually experiencing it, Im not sure I know what to expect.
I don't like zombie movies. I never have. I believe when things are dead; they are dead. Maybe it is from years of reloading and knowing when I hit an animal in the head there is nothing left to think or feel. I never liked to see anything suffer and my goal was always to ensure a fast death to the creatures I harvested. I did give up hunting about fifteen years ago.

We have modern weapons that will turn almost every cell in the skull to mush. There are no connections after they hit. Some are traveling at over 3,000 feet per second and have a surface temperature of about one 1,000 degrees Fareinhight. That is from the friction on the outside of the bullet. The softer bullets will literally explode when they hit anything.

There are about 11.5 million hunters in the US and many of those are using weapons as I describe. Every year in the US and Canada about 1,000 hunters are shot accidentally. What are the odds that one of them would bag one of your mythical creatures? These same hunters set up thousands of game cameras and no one can produce one good picture.

The numbers speak for themselves. You have no evidence. Even though the odds are so great that one would be killed by accident. You talk about a thousand stories and we have millions of hunters in the field; it just does not add up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal