Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:39 PM

2,175 posts, read 3,402,677 times

Advertisements

The original video without audio dubbed over top has a woman in spanish saying "Es un globo!" "It's a balloon!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmAPatkV4KY

Sites like liveleak do nothing but feed nonsense to superstitious people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I am concerned about a person who would spend so much time on these wierd conspiracy websites. Obviously, anyone who really believes this stuff is having difficulty establishing reality from fantasy.
I believe that UFOs, religious phenomenon, and many other things can be explained by a psychologically imbalanced human mind. People use their brain to construct what they want to believe. Some will feed their fears by hanging out on conspiracy websites, spending every waking minute thinking about what frightens them until finally they are unable to separate reality from the creation in their head.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,651,157 times
The universe is a pretty big place, and we don't know what's going on throughout most of it. The idea that there are much more advanced civilizations than ours doesn't bother me; I take it for granted that they do, in fact exist. And so I don't have a problem believing that there could be what we refer to as UFOs.

As to evil...that's another kettle of fish altogether. Some people see it at every corner. And everything is a sign of worse to come. Yeah, well, OK...if they say so.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:19 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,936,277 times
Default It's GOT TO BE a UFO, I tell you! And an evil one at that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
I believe that UFOs, religious phenomenon, and many other things can be explained by a psychologically imbalanced human mind. People use their brain to construct what they want to believe. Some will feed their fears by hanging out on conspiracy websites, spending every waking minute thinking about what frightens them until finally they are unable to separate reality from the creation in their head.
Thx for this clarification, mustang. Points to you, but not to others! It's always good to hear that not all the posters are loons here. While UFOs and off-planet visitors are technically or even statistically possible / likely (but only if there are time-space worm holes or some other means by which far-away populations could easily arrive here) the entire mumbo-jumbo "evil flying witch" construct, so obviously based on our own ancient mythologies and worst-held fears, are so predictable.

But to "prove" their existence with this ultra-low quality giggly, out-of-focus home video is beyond rational. Of course, why should that surprise me?

Old 02-08-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yes, the woman who had an obvious bias belief, you would believe. Yet the police officer who had a personal encounter. You would ignore his account? And the accounts from two other police officers who saw the samething three nights before. You would ignore them as well? So are you telling us that all personal testimony should be ignored, unless it supports your worldview?
In your link there's this classic: "One look at the officer's stunned look speaks volumes!"

Really. As if that constitutes "PROOF". His stunned look. He'd look that way if he'd just missed being hit by a bus. Or if a particularly big pit bull had lunged at him.

Non-educated "victims" almost always make uneducated and exaggerated observations, most usually absent the necessary emotional detachment and objectivity. "The bear that attacked me was AT LEAST 3000 lbs and 12 feet tall, I swear!"

But OK then: if his facial expression speaks volumes, what about this person's "stunned looks"? Did she just see an alien spacecraft? Or something else. You tell me, Tom. I mean, don't deny the clear evidence I've put right in front of you.

Then after you make your educated guess (Hah!), I'll tell you why she has the look she has.

http://home.flash.net/~ynary/REMNOT27-SlaveGabrielle.jpg

Old 02-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
The universe is a pretty big place, and we don't know what's going on throughout most of it. The idea that there are much more advanced civilizations than ours doesn't bother me; I take it for granted that they do, in fact exist. And so I don't have a problem believing that there could be what we refer to as UFOs.

As to evil...that's another kettle of fish altogether. Some people see it at every corner. And everything is a sign of worse to come. Yeah, well, OK...if they say so.
I should clarify...I do think there is the possibility that intelligent life could exist somewhere out in the universe, but I think the UFO phenomenon that we see on TV, online, or printed in books are elaborate hoaxes to hook the gullible.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:33 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,113,614 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfAzaDyae-k

Old 02-08-2010, 11:41 AM

Default I'll get you, and your little dog too!!! HeeeeHaaaHHeeeeee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
You do realize the mexico thing is several years old and the object acts just like a helium balloon don't you? I hope you don't actually lay awake at night worrying about demonic alien attacks.
Yes he does. And it shows; sleep deprivation can really affect one's ability to differentiate reality from fiction.

You are also right; the statistical incidence of supernatural or UFO occurrences is directly proportional to 1) the education level of the observer population (hence in rural Mexico or in Southern Baptist congregations, such oddities tend to show up a lot, but far less often, if at all, on University campuses or outside the JPL Labs in Pasadena, CA...), and 2) by shear feeding frenzy mentality, which tends then to attract more watchers who really want to believe.

Whether it's witches on brooms or balloons (really now... how inefficient to be whisked about by the air currents. What if you want to go the other way?), or weeping Jesus statues (ever notice how those always stop when the souvenir trinket sellers run out of merchandise?). All cruddola on detailed examination. As well, those subsequent logical inspections are always ignored or claimed to be biased because it isn't fitting of the more rational individual's biased "world view".

Since this event, contrary to Tom's wishful desires, the incidence and rate of observations has not been sustained in Mexico. That parts' on record. Sorry, old chap: another fantasy run amok. Another "soon all the world we see as I do" or "all the world's scientists are now concluding..... yada yada yada" statement proven to be groundless.

Want to know what my simple calm world view is, Tom? It's "Let's all be rational, shall we?"

Old 02-08-2010, 11:57 AM

Default A direct challenge to Tom/c34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
In case you haven't bothered to watch this one, Tom, [which I'm betting on so far] I dare you to watch and listen carefully. I double/triple dare you.

Neil Tyson gets it; you do not. Even the grade two student gets it. You do not.

He even debunks the "indisputable proof" provided by your policemen. As if they have some advanced credibility as scientific observers. Never in my experience, actually. They are not trained scientists by a long shot.

Human observation credibility? Zippo. Bring us some actual credible PROOF. Get it? You do not.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:16 PM

104 posts, read 126,122 times
rifleman; In case you haven't bothered to watch this one, Tom, [which I'm betting on so far] I dare you to watch and listen carefully. I double/triple dare you.

My, I haven't heard anyone say that since I was seven years old when my buddies and I got into a fight.

Neil Tyson gets it; you do not. Even the grade two student gets it. You do not.

He even debunks the "indisputable proof" provided by your policemen. As if they have some advanced credibility as scientific observers. Never in my experience, actually. They are not trained scientists by a long shot.

Right! Only trained scientists can judge something that is paranormal or supernatural...like rifleman; If you don't believe that then just ask him.

Human observation credibility? Zippo.

Zippo? Neil Tyson admitted on the video clip that eyewitness testimony is used in court all the time. Quote: "..it's some of the highest form of evidence in a court of law."

The truth is that in most courts it is the credibility of individual witnesses that is at stake...not whether eyewitness testimony itself is in question.

So much for the skeptics who have told me that eyewitness testimony is not credible in a court of law.

Bring us some actual credible PROOF. Get it? You do not.

Don't bother, Tom. I learned a long time ago that skeptics like him like to talk but they don't want evidence. They don't even care about evidence except as to how they can twist it to their own bent of thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal