Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:27 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
Nonsense - most of Asia follows buddhism, and are mostly welcoming and friendly. Religious belief doesn't actually govern wether or not people represent a threat IMO - all religions have fanatical idiots that want to implement their own beliefs, and all have peaceful followers who are just fine the way they are.
are you telling me that asia, in places like yemen, saudi arabia, oman, jordan, iran, iraq, afghanistan, pakistan, small parts of india, parts of the philippines and malaysia arent hotbeds to breed muslim extremests?? and islam is the worst, you get fanatical christians and so on, and also in most other religions, but its nowhere near as bad and as widespread than it is in islam, and if you dont realise that you are deluded!

Old 01-05-2011, 01:52 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,240,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
are you telling me that asia, in places like yemen, saudi arabia, oman, jordan, iran, iraq, afghanistan, pakistan, small parts of india, parts of the philippines and malaysia arent hotbeds to breed muslim extremests?? and islam is the worst, you get fanatical christians and so on, and also in most other religions, but its nowhere near as bad and as widespread than it is in islam, and if you dont realise that you are deluded!

Thanks for naming the middle eastern areas.. oh, and for forgetting the rest. Western war has brought much complexity to your pathetically shallow points, but most people are the same believe it or not i.e peaceful. Wether it is Islam or Christianity, the fanatics give all the rest a bad name, and I don't fear one more than the other.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:27 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
Quote:
Thanks for naming the middle eastern areas.. oh, and for forgetting the rest. Western war has brought much complexity to your pathetically shallow points, but most people are the same believe it or not i.e peaceful. Wether it is Islam or Christianity, the fanatics give all the rest a bad name, and I don't fear one more than the other.
no you are right, fanatical followers of Christianity are plotting to bring down the west!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:43 PM

7 posts, read 9,628 times
Quote:
Any legal 'system' that is based on a religious text would be frightening - just imagine living in a country that based its legalities on the christian bible (which by the way, is full of just as many contradictions as the quran).

The exremists in the UK as scary, but they are on the wrong side of our law, and on the fringes of society. The mainstream will never be governed by religious law, and I am not worried about it one bit. Flu is a bigger threat to British society than religious fantatics - maybe we should be spending billions on that
Interestingly most laws in most western / northern hemisphere countries and many in other parts of the world do in fact embrace the laws of the Bible including the New Testament.
If I gather correctly from your post you think you know the Bible and see appaling things therein then you do not truly understand the Bible

God bless you

Old 01-28-2011, 01:26 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Is you idea of an "asian" different than an american's. The names in those article don't seem too "asian" to me.
Asian to an American is mostly people from East Asia, i.e. China, Korea, Vietnam and indeed most of our Asians come from these countries, plus the Philippines. Most Asians that live in England are from Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh

Old 01-30-2011, 07:59 AM

591 posts, read 925,405 times
You get alot of Muslims in this country. They are more racist they any Brit could possibly meet.

We must respect THERE faith, or be branded a racist, but if we say they must respect our faith, they brand us racist once again. Yet, we accept theres and welcome them(Sometimes), yet they DO NOT respect Christianity one bit.

Ive had a moment in a taxi, where the driver is muslim and reads from there bible(Quran(Spellcheck)). He tried to convert me. Im an atheist anyway. He was saying that everything in the bible is wrong, how can you believe this, whilst the quran knows everything, it is all true.

I played him to this, i agreed the bible was a storybook. I then said the Quran was also a bull***** political book. He didnt take to this. Yet he can say the Bible is wrong but when someone says his book is wrong he wasnt happy. I said that to him. I called him a hypocrite. Well, he branded me a racist. I just laughed and said 'You proved my point'.

Not a great taxi ride, but i got it for 'Free' after complaining to the company about his behaviour.

I accept them here, but i hate with a passion there beliefs and actions at times. They turned up to the 11/11 ceremony burning poppies, and chanting hate chants about how Britain will be Sharia Law.

After the commotion of the Quran burning day scenario, you would have thought these people who slammed it, playing the racism card wouldn't have done something, EXACTLY the same.

Racist hypocrites, ruining what was once a great country.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:01 PM

554 posts, read 736,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
You get alot of Muslims in this country. They are more racist they any Brit could possibly meet.

We must respect THERE faith, or be branded a racist, but if we say they must respect our faith, they brand us racist once again. Yet, we accept theres and welcome them(Sometimes), yet they DO NOT respect Christianity one bit.

Ive had a moment in a taxi, where the driver is muslim and reads from there bible(Quran(Spellcheck)). He tried to convert me. Im an atheist anyway. He was saying that everything in the bible is wrong, how can you believe this, whilst the quran knows everything, it is all true.

I played him to this, i agreed the bible was a storybook. I then said the Quran was also a bull***** political book. He didnt take to this. Yet he can say the Bible is wrong but when someone says his book is wrong he wasnt happy. I said that to him. I called him a hypocrite. Well, he branded me a racist. I just laughed and said 'You proved my point'.

Not a great taxi ride, but i got it for 'Free' after complaining to the company about his behaviour.

I accept them here, but i hate with a passion there beliefs and actions at times. They turned up to the 11/11 ceremony burning poppies, and chanting hate chants about how Britain will be Sharia Law.

After the commotion of the Quran burning day scenario, you would have thought these people who slammed it, playing the racism card wouldn't have done something, EXACTLY the same.

Racist hypocrites, ruining what was once a great country.
You know, when one speaks about a group of people it's ordinarily considered polite to distinguish between those persons over matters which will be relevant to ones conclusion. For example, if I said that black people are rapists it would be considered somewhat inappropriate if what I really meant was that 1 in a 100,000 black people are rapists.

When discussing 1.5 million people (the rough number of British Muslims) it might be appropriate to the strength of your conclusion to distinguish between the 1,499,999 British Muslims who are not the evangelical taxi driver you purport to have encountered. Similarily it might also be pertinent to note that the 40 odd 'poppy' protestors might not be statistically significant enough a proportion of the demographic to support your conclusion that 'Muslims' are racist hypocrites. If they were then I could quite happily conclude that 'white' people are paedophiles on the basis that there are probably in excess of 2000 white people in the UK guilty of acting in that manner.

Perhaps though you apply a different standard of evidence to one ethnic-religious group to another, in which case your conclusion that Muslims are, "Racist Hypocrites" might deserve a comedy award for irony...

Eoin

Old 01-31-2011, 08:26 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,745,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin (pronounced Owen) View Post
You know, when one speaks about a group of people it's ordinarily considered polite to distinguish between those persons over matters which will be relevant to ones conclusion. For example, if I said that black people are rapists it would be considered somewhat inappropriate if what I really meant was that 1 in a 100,000 black people are rapists.

When discussing 1.5 million people (the rough number of British Muslims) it might be appropriate to the strength of your conclusion to distinguish between the 1,499,999 British Muslims who are not the evangelical taxi driver you purport to have encountered. Similarily it might also be pertinent to note that the 40 odd 'poppy' protestors might not be statistically significant enough a proportion of the demographic to support your conclusion that 'Muslims' are racist hypocrites. If they were then I could quite happily conclude that 'white' people are paedophiles on the basis that there are probably in excess of 2000 white people in the UK guilty of acting in that manner.

Perhaps though you apply a different standard of evidence to one ethnic-religious group to another, in which case your conclusion that Muslims are, "Racist Hypocrites" might deserve a comedy award for irony...

Eoin
Without question one of the best posts I've seen in 4+ years on the site.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:29 PM

147 posts, read 140,781 times
Remember though..If you insist on ignoring the elephant in the room, you WILL be trampled on....

Old 02-01-2011, 07:09 AM

591 posts, read 925,405 times
BRYN FEDW argument says it all.

People are blinded by fear of these people. They ignore it at every opportunity. Lets take comedy for example. You will see comedians joke about the English/Irish/The Pope and the catholic church. You will see them joke about everything, other than one subject... MUSLIMS and there religion. Why? Fear, the big race card which they play, the complaints.

Frankie Boyle is an example, his comments were NOT racist, they were mere political observations which he made and joked about. By using the word 'Paki' and 'N*gger', they were used as emphasis on the matter. Yet, people, in fact hundreds to thousands complained about it. Pathetic is what they are. They called for him to be sacked, but if it was about say, Irish people being Catholic paedos(They arent), then only a handful of people would complain.

Society is pathetic and this country is pathetic. Immigration is at an all time high and the 'British' culture is no more Britain as we know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom