Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 03:54 PM

681 posts, read 2,913,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
Only my opinion you understand.........Now let me see??? It`s a tough choice...
I know, I know, choices are always in the eye of the beholder - and all that. As long as we each get to make a choice I guess that's the important thing. Not meaning to step on Brit toes - I know how many of you worship the earth the Beebs gloat over - but I do watch 'em [and cringe] from time to time. Just wish we could have real journalism with facts, not opinions, from the tube. Probably won't happen, so I do tip my hat to the breadth of their interest, if not the depth of their discernment. And btw, aren't we each exposed somewhat to the slant of the "evil" one? The Sky Fox guy?

Back to the thread. Do you really think Mr. Brown will enjoy working very much with Mr. Obama? I mean I have no idea how Tony put up so long with his good 'ol buddy from down on the ranch, but the uber-generational difference in this new potential relationship sure seems to me to be an extremely difficult challenge for Sir Gordon. The mind boggles with possibilities.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:02 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,595,663 times
I thoroughly agree there should be choice. Luckily Fox and the like are there for those who still mourn the demise of their favourite childhood comics, and are providing a very valuable service,,,
As for Brown and Obama I think they would get on famously. Unfortunately aren`t we jumping the gun a little?? Obama is far from a shoe in for President and the way things are going Uncle Gordon is in his death throws as PM..Maybe a look at the way Cameron will work with McCain would be more profitable...

Old 07-18-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
....... are providing a very valuable service,,, .......aren`t we jumping the gun a little??
Isn't all TV news now classified as entertainment? Some of it not very good entertainment, at that.

Yeah, it's nothing but supposition, now. I hate this uber-long campaign this time. Maybe the same folk who enjoy sticking their fingers into electro-mechanical pencil sharpeners are the fellows adding a year extra onto this campaign.

Cheers

Last edited by Franklyn; 07-18-2008 at 01:40 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 07-18-2008, 02:00 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
Yes Frankyn it has been a long campaign but not without it's moments.
We had that great double act Chuck & Mike, they were good until they told us that the earth was only six thousand years old. And did you notice that chucks hair has turned ginger!
An american friend of mine said that if Obama is elected african americans will demand reparations for being enslaved.
I don't think Gordon Brown will win the next election, Obama will be dealing with the conservative David Cameron.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:45 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times
So, as it turns out, Brits seemed the least interested in Obama's visit than the other countries on his tour. He seemed to spend less time here to. What was interesting was that he spent more time with Tony Blair than Gordon Brown and David Cameron.

I did watch his talk with the press outside no10, and it was refreshing to see an articulate and intelligent representation of America. Something he did talk about a lot in Europe was how he would expect the UN and all European allies to take on more of a burden in global military operations... don't know how I feel about that yet

Old 07-28-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
... don't know how I feel about that yet
An opinion shared by many - though apparently not the Yank 'fleet street'. Cheers.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:45 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
don't know how I feel about that yet
I do recall saying a good while ago in this thread Ian,,,"Too good to be true"

Old 07-29-2008, 02:26 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
Some one made the point that Obama may have had a good reception in London England, but no one in London Texas will vote for him.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:19 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,562,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
When I want a good laugh I watch the Fox news coverage of the US election. Sean Hannity what an Intellect, he has the IQ of a retarded dust mite.
But isn't it refreshing to watch a news channel that so fair & balanced, as long as you are a republican.
They at least offer different view points, which basically no other "bigger" media outlets in the US do. If you think Sean Hannity is dumb, what about his liberal co-host allen combs? That guy looks like he's a rotting corps on the set.

PS - I'm not sticking up for our President here, but everyone talks about how dumb Bush is (forget the war for a second). They talk about how he can't even string together a coherent sentence. Well has anyone ever heard Obama talk when a speech or TelePrompter is not right in front of him? If he wasn't black I would think him and Bush were twins.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:48 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
They at least offer different view points, which basically no other "bigger" media outlets in the US do. If you think Sean Hannity is dumb, what about his liberal co-host allen combs? That guy looks like he's a rotting corps on the set.

PS - I'm not sticking up for our President here, but everyone talks about how dumb Bush is (forget the war for a second). They talk about how he can't even string together a coherent sentence. Well has anyone ever heard Obama talk when a speech or TelePrompter is not right in front of him? If he wasn't black I would think him and Bush were twins.

Rubbish. FOX is the most rediculous excuse for a 'fair and balanced' news station I have ever seen. I cannot understand how it can even be on the air, let alone the most popular station in America.

As for Obama.. he spoke here at the weekend, without a prompter, and at least appeared articulate and intelligent. Bush has proved himself an idiot over and over.. both through his vocabulary, his actions, and his management of the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom