Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 02:38 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,520,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Spare us the psychoanalysis, PLEASE!
Haha call it both ways Katiana! NT has, for three (or four?) consecutive posts called all urbanists delusional.

I'm not even stretching that - it happened.

This thread is ludicrous. It started out there and it has remained there.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:48 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Spare us the psychoanalysis, PLEASE!
Apparently defending the suburbs equals being insecure about my decisions. When urbanist defend their lifestyle as the holy grail of living, its just discussion.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:51 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,565,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Apparently defending the suburbs equals being insecure about my decisions. When urbanist defend their lifestyle as the holy grail of living, its just discussion.
dude

I have had fun in the suburbs. The problem isnt that you defend the suburbs, its that you keep saying that ALL urbanists think that the suburbs are not for anyone, which IS NOT THE CASE - lots of urbanists think the suburbs make sense for MANY people. And you keep repeating that, and using words like "delusional"

If you can't see why that makes you look insecure (and yeah, some of the extreme suburb bashers are also insecure) I dont think we can help you.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:54 PM

=

=

THIS IS WHAT WE ALL BELIEVE! WE ARE GOING TO ROUND YOU UP AND FORCE YOU TO EMBRACE THE CHOSEN LIFESTYLE!

Old 08-14-2012, 02:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
In the time i've been on this forum, I've never heard 1 urbanist acknowledge that their way of living isn't for everybody. Everytime urbanist complain about the suburbs, its the same complaints. Its all cookie-cutter, its too sterile, apparently suburbs don't have "independent" bars. When urbanist can acknowledge you can have fun in suburbs and that their way of living isn't for anybody, i'll continue to hold the same view. You guys are just simply delusional.
You should go read the nyc page, there is always an urbanist complaining about the city. And being an urbanist, not all suburbs are the same, though I wish suburbs would take on a small town feel over large sprawling buildings, but urban life isn't for everyone and not everywhere needed to be turned urban. Though there is nothing wrong with applying rail to the suburbs to make their connection easier and to create alternatives to driving into urban areas.

It sounds like you get some slack for repeating this over and over, but that is my two cents on the topic.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
dude

I have had fun in the suburbs. The problem isnt that you defend the suburbs, its that you keep saying that ALL urbanists think that the suburbs are not for anyone, which IS NOT THE CASE - lots of urbanists think the suburbs make sense for MANY people. And you keep repeating that, and using words like "delusional"

If you can't see why that makes you look insecure (and yeah, some of the extreme suburb bashers are also insecure) I dont think we can help you.
That's my opinion about urbanist. If you don't like, than too bad. When you guys quit stereotyping all suburbs as sterile, boring, etc, than my opinion will change about urbanist. Until then, it remains the same, you guys have a god complex about your lifestyle, which I never understood because I lived it for 29 years and I never got the memo that the urban lifestyle is the end all be all.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
That's my opinion about urbanist. If you don't like, than too bad. When you guys quit stereotyping all suburbs as sterile, boring, etc, than my opinion will change about urbanist. Until then, it remains the same, you guys have a god complex about your lifestyle, which I never understood because I lived it for 29 years and I never got the memo that the urban lifestyle is the end all be all.
Dude, in the last 6 pages, "sterile" was mentioned once, and even then in questionable context. You either can't or don't read.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:09 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,565,715 times
Quote:
That's my opinion about urbanist. If you don't like, than too bad.
about urbanist? urbanists? urbanism?

Old 08-14-2012, 03:10 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
I am an urbanist and i grew up in the suburbs, it was anything but sterile or boring. I personally have no interest in living in the suburbs again, but it doesn't mean they are bad.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Dude, in the last 6 pages, "sterile" was mentioned once, and even then in questionable context. You either can't or don't read.
stop it. I'm not talking about just this thread. There are plenty of threads in this forum that talk about the suburbs as sterile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Urban Planning