Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:21 AM

153 posts, read 563,671 times

Advertisements

I tried it for a couple of weeks....I got tired of paying $8 for a gallon milk (in half gallons), once you add in tax and delivery.

I'd much rather go to the local health food store and get a gallon for $3-4 and get Winder milk there. I do like the flavor of it... but I dont need it and the regular grocery store, no-hormone milk, is good for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 5,810 times
Way too expensive. I have received bread that was broken open and the delivery guy stuffed it into another bag along with the old bag. I'm only 5 minutes from the grocery store. Prices way too high and then you have to pay tax and delivery charge on top of it. Today I didn't even receive my order. I'm not going to continue with the service. Cheaper to buy the same thing at the store even with the mileage.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:06 AM

88 posts, read 401,800 times
Winder is one of the things I miss the very, very most about Utah! We were weekly milk customers and I would buy other products when the budget allowed. It was more expensive than traditional food, but higher quality and much cheaper than shopping at a health food store. I love their chocolate milk, bread (inc. raisin bread), eggs, and... pretty much everything. On the rare chance we move back, setting up service will be one of the first things I do.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:31 PM

27 posts, read 105,959 times
Default look at the bottom of the bottle

I just thought I'd post for those that were ordering Winder or Rosehill because they were concerned about having hormone-free or "healthier" milk. That's why I did it too. Then there was all the literature put out about BPA leaching out of #7 plastic bottles. It essential works as an estrogen in the body and is pretty toxic. It's being banned in other countries because of adverse health affects. It's released when the plastic is heated to high temps. So I called Rosehill and they told me they steam sterilized all their bottles....I cancelled the same day.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:12 AM

1 posts, read 5,405 times
Have Winder's prices improved at all lately?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:27 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,970,733 times
I am thinking probably not, because prices everywhere else haven't either!!

Old 06-29-2011, 07:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,684 times
Unhappy Not so great

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbee View Post
If you use Winder Farms or have in the past are you happy with their service?
Was their stuff as fresh as the say it is? Did it save you more money on grocery bills? I'm thinking of using them but would like to hear from those of you who have and what your experiences have been? Thanks, much appreciated.
We used Winder Farms for over a year and cancelled their service just last week. At first, they were great but as time went by, their deliveries got later and later and I did not want my milk or groceries sitting out (even in an ice chest) in 100 degree weather all day until we got home from work. We started out ordering produce, but that was short lived as I did not feel it was that great of quality for the money. We also noticed that towards the end of our service we were not given accurate credit towards our glass bottle returns. We cancelled our service last week and I just noticed a charge on my credit card this week. I do not recommend them.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,630 times
I signed up for Winder delivery about 6 weeks ago. I am cancelling today, mainly because of higher prices. The quality of the foods I've purchased is exceptionally good. I am strictly an organic food buyer, and granted, organic is usually higher priced than traditionally grown foods; however, I have found recently that most traditional markets, such as Wal Mart Superstores, Albertson's, etc. , have sections which have organic brands as well as the traditional, and the prices are in line with traditional. Plus, you pay a 12.99 delivery fee to Winder on top of the high prices. I buy organic, cage-free brown eggs at WalMart for 3.78/doz., and 1/2 gal. Organic Farms milk also for 3.78. I don't shop Whole Foods or (rarely) shop at Trader Joe's. I do, however, shop at Sunflower Market here in Vegas, and I find their pricing to be very nominal. Also, the frozen food section at Wal Mart usually has a small variety of frozen organic vegetables, or I purchase Cascadian Farms frozen veg. from Sunflower for 1.99 to 2.99 per bag. So there ARE alternatives to traditionally grown foods which are not so expensive as Winder, and much as I like the convenience of having food delivered, I don't have a problem stopping off at Fresh and Easy or Sunflower or WalMart on my way home from work. I will work on my "impulse buying" so that I'm not so quick to purchase food I don't need right away.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,031 times
I signed up a couple of weeks ago and saw that they had charged me $15.94 before I got the food, even though my food cost wasn't nearly that amount(trying them out). I called WinderFarms and they said it was for a prefun/setup fee, that there should of been a credit of 15.00 added to my account which I saw, but then I asked what about the $0.94 cents. They said that was because of Tax, I said well since the account was a FREE setup fee should all the money be refunded? She said well we don't usually do that. So from what I understood is that they pocket the $0.94 cents instead of refunding all the money back. In my eyes they are ripping people off by not refunding them the full amount, right? Any thoughts, anyone else seen tis happen to them?

Old 05-10-2013, 02:26 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,585 times
I signed up for Winder (having read the reviews, including the negative ones, and knowing about all the different fees and their cancelation policy). I use them just for milk and eggs. I skip every other week - there are times when I've skipped an entire month - they've never delivered when they weren't supposed to (including when I've canceled less than 24 hours before). The delivery is always between 4:00am and 5:00am on Monday morning, and I've always received what I ordered. None of the milk bottles were ever cracked, nothing was ever sloshed, and the milk was always good (so says my daughter, since I don't like milk).

I DO think their food is expensive, though, which is why I usually just stick to buying milk and eggs from them.

After about two years of being a customer, and more than their 15 delivery minimum (if you have less than 15 deliveries, they charge you a $30.00 cancelation fee, I believe) I will be canceling them. I can ultimately get milk and eggs cheaper from the grocery store. Mostly, it was the novelty of having delivered milk that drew me in to begin with.

I think, if you're from further North than SLC, there's another farm that deliveries dairy and groceries - and it's WAY cheaper. But they didn't deliver to SLC, which is why I ultimately went with Winder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: