Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 10:50 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,456,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Aaron, your wife hit a deer? Is she okay? And the car?
she's ok.

deer is dead, i am assuming.

car is more or less ok, and the damage is covered by our insurance.

and i am in trouble because i 'speed-read' when i am listening to people, and miss a lot of information, and my wife is peeved.

i try, but there are so many shiny things around me all the time...

aaron out.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:57 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,974,602 times
Glad to hear she is okay. Hope you are out of the doghouse soon..slurpee might want it back...

Old 02-08-2009, 12:22 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post
I can see Rae's cute kitty...can't pull up a bigger pic of Kayt's, is one a long haired dasch?

(hey Kayt, I'd love to see your blog )

this thread was dead for months, now you guys are going too fast for me!!
My dh picked out the kitty from the animal shelter and surprised me on our anniversary. He has a scar now on his face. When we were on our trip he rubbed his face against something really sharp, not sure what. I am not sure the scar will go away.

Yeah we are trying to get this chatting thing going, as then we don't have to stick to topic. I get too defensive and depressed reading some of the other Utah threads.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:26 PM

yeah aaron glad your wife is ok. I remember going through the canyon to Bear Lake one time and had at least 10 deer get in the road. I was always told hit the deer don't swerve, but luckily that night I just went really slow and could wait for them to get out of the road.

Try to make eye contact and then everyone will think you are listening. My son and dh have ADD so I have to make them look at me when I talk.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:39 PM

We need summer to get here so we can have a CD get together...I would love to meet you guys!

Old 02-08-2009, 03:12 PM

That would be fun!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
yeah aaron glad your wife is ok. I remember going through the canyon to Bear Lake one time and had at least 10 deer get in the road. I was always told hit the deer don't swerve, but luckily that night I just went really slow and could wait for them to get out of the road.

Try to make eye contact and then everyone will think you are listening. My son and dh have ADD so I have to make them look at me when I talk.
ha! if only it were that easy.

i brought some argentine snacks to my intercultural communications class today and got the most votes for tastiest treat. now i'm basking in the swollen-headedness of my inflated ego, even though 'tastiest treats' is not really any kind of achievement, especially owing to the fact that i invented neither the dulce de leche nor the crackers that it goes on, and all i did was pay money for them and bring them in.

yippee for me! i'm so cool.

aaron out.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:24 PM

Wow Aaron, well at least you are a hit in the classroom. Everyone needs to have a boost to their ego at one time or another.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:51 AM

to be honest, one other snack got more votes for 'tastiest treat' than mine, but it also got two votes for 'crappiest treat' (yeah, i know: sadistic teacher; i think she's trying to crush peoples' self esteem), so mine ended up with more in the end.

on an unrelated note, i had a minor measure of faith in humanity restored the other day when i was at applebee's with my wife. nothing big, but it burst some of my own stereotypes and ignorant biases.

i went into the restroom (filthy, by the way), and some grungy-looking kid (the kind that looks like he was just shooting heroine on the back of a cattle trailer) came in at about the same time. i was already irritated that day, and had an easier time making stupid judgments about people. i looked at him as he came in and thought, betcha he doesn't wash his hands afterward.

when he finished, he went to the sinks. surprised, i thought, well, bet he just does the two-second rinse and calls that good.

two feet in my mouth at the same time (imagined feet, anyway), because he washed thoroughly, dried, and then left.

yay for restored faith in humanity and noticing a large beam in my eye!

aaron out.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:54 AM

I love reading your posts Aaron...you have such a way with words that just makes me smile!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah