Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 05:08 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,305,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Wow, isn't everyone's opinion permitted in forums, even those you don't like?

Someone who has negative things to say about Vancouver is absolutely an appropriate poster for a "What's it like living in Vancouver" post.

Zoisite, just because you disagree with Saturno_v doesn't mean their opinion is less valid than yours. I'm assuming the OP didn't just want unicorns pooping rainbows in their question, the reality is that there are MANY people that don't find Vancouver paradise on earth.

+1

How dare people criticizing heaven on earth....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 09:51 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,312,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlvancouver View Post
Wow, isn't everyone's opinion permitted in forums, even those you don't like?

Someone who has negative things to say about Vancouver is absolutely an appropriate poster for a "What's it like living in Vancouver" post.

Zoisite, just because you disagree with Saturno_v doesn't mean their opinion is less valid than yours. I'm assuming the OP didn't just want unicorns pooping rainbows in their question, the reality is that there are MANY people that don't find Vancouver paradise on earth.
You're right, everyone's opinion is permitted in forums, even the ones we don't like. and yes, surely the OP would like to hear the reality of living in Vancouver, both positive and negative.

As Zoisite mentioned, the same disgruntled person has been pushing his or her over-the-top negative opinion, .. for the last six yrs or so.

Thing is, this member has so many different identities that it's difficult to know who's who, so when you have one person spouting their opinion many times over under different user names, it does tend to tip the scales in their direction.

It's gotten to the point on the Vancouver forum that people who do enjoy living in Vancouver get tired of the same old. What's the point of answering someone's inquiry honestly when you've got all sorts of people jumping all over you trying to make you out as an idiot, when in fact, it's the one same bitter person over and over again.

It's easy for those of us who have frequented the forum for awhile to pick out the same writing style of this one person putting out so much negative propaganda under so many different nics, but for the new person inquiring, all they see is a whole whack of only negative feedback.

It's turned the Vancouver forum into one of the slowest, most boring, forums as most people don't even bother with it anymore.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:15 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issus View Post
Nice bit of necromancy for a first post...

Saturno... if you like Houston that much please head to the relevant forum for that city and leave vancouver free from your whinging.
someone's feeling is hurt ... someone dares take Houston, that horrible hell hole over the "most livable city in the world"?

He didn't elaborate on how Houston is superior. He simply mentions the fact he'd rather live in Houston than Vancouver. Nowhere did I see that he "likes Houston that much".

I don't like Houston either, not a bit, but I would pick Houston over Vancouver any day as well due to many practical reasons. I don't eat the ocean as food or sleep in the mountains for example.

Last edited by botticelli; 11-05-2014 at 12:24 PM..

Old 11-05-2014, 12:18 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Hon, for 6 years you've been HAUNTING the Vancouver forum for the sole purpose of bashing it. And Seattle. Do a review of your own posts for the past 6 years and see the negative pattern you've developed. It's really depressing. With the exception of Sydney you're sooooo unhappy with all the places in the world that you've been to and with where you're at now with not much positive things to say about any place. So your perspective about any place is biased towards the negative, and that means there's more of a deficiency about your personal perspectives and not such a deficiency with the places that you are bashing and the people that you're talking trash about.

If you're so unhappy, then instead of haunting the forum looking for resurrected necro topics to reply to and trash the city being enquired about and which necro topic the OP is unlikely to bother returning to after so many years anyway, why don't you just go back to your home city Rome, or your dream city, Sydney, where everything is so perfect for you. I apologize for being blunt: Cannot wait to get out of Seattle Then you could be happy again and you could post positive, upbeat, happy posts about Sydney and forget about trashing other places.

Wow, thanks for the link, Zoisite. That explains why this guy is so grumpy and negative. Not happy living anywhere. Must be a very unhappy person. I think, a shrink is a must.

I remember having this conversation with him regarding Seattle versus Vancouver many times and he always said how much happier he was in Seattle and how much Seattle is better than Vancouver in any way possible

I should have known better, because in this Seattle thread he says:"...I'm sorry if I'm going to pop some people's "Seattle is so beautiful" bubble but I really cannot wait to get out of here. Seattle, IMHO has all the minuses of Vancouver without having the pluses... The city itself is actually quite ugly (Alaskan Viaduct, cranes, etc..) compared to Vancouver. Public transportation is inadequate at best."

And so on...

What a clown!

Old 11-05-2014, 12:19 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone-ground View Post

It's gotten to the point on the Vancouver forum that people who do enjoy living in Vancouver get tired of the same old. What's the point of answering someone's inquiry honestly when you've got all sorts of people jumping all over you trying to make you out as an idiot, when in fact, it's the one same bitter person over and over again.

It's easy for those of us who have frequented the forum for awhile to pick out the same writing style of this one person putting out so much negative propaganda under so many different nics, but for the new person inquiring, all they see is a whole whack of only negative feedback.
I thought this forum is for providing information to those who are interested in moving to Vancouver, not those who "do enjoy living in Vancouver".

The newcomers don't read this forum every day since 6 years ago, so what he said 6 years ago is still useful to them today. Vancouver's boosters have been praising Vancouver for 6 years also, why is that NOT a problem? Should people only see the upside of the city?

For the new person inquiring, all they see is a whole whack of only negative feedback? Really? His comments seem well balanced. Or do you just want new person to see a whole whack of only positive feedback? that will be considered not trolling and real contributing to the forum?

Old 11-05-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone-ground View Post

As Zoisite mentioned, the same disgruntled person has been pushing his or her over-the-top negative opinion, .. for the last six yrs or so.

Thing is, this member has so many different identities that it's difficult to know who's who, so when you have one person spouting their opinion many times over under different user names, it does tend to tip the scales in their direction.

Who has different "identities"?? Are we resorting to hallucinations now??

This is what cracks me up and keep me browsing on this particular forum....when rationality fails, resort to name calling, accusing people of having different accounts (hey smartie, you can check the IP address of the message users before throwing accusations) created, supposedly, with the sole purpose of bashing "heaven on earth" .....some people are really delusional

Newsflash for stone-ground: My first post on the Vancouver forum was in February 2013 and I joined the site in 2008 (check it out)...so the "6 years" thing is something you pulled out of your proverbial behind

Last edited by saturno_v; 11-05-2014 at 01:31 PM..

Old 11-05-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post

What a clown!
Apart from the gratuitous insulting clown comment (I do not know you, I'm not your brother nor your friend)....you do not address the issues, only showing your idiotic emotional sentimentalism devoid of any rationality.

Why don't you address what I said, the issues I talk about (hey you had "six years", according to some...Oops not really, my first post on the Vancouver forum was in 2013) and tell me where I'm wrong...do not shoot the messenger...

The only thing bothering me in Seattle nowadays is the weather...and the social scene is still not what I would like.....the city has improved A LOT in the last decade or so on many fronts..and I learned to appreciate what it has to offer....it is not a city you can get to know very quickly...and even me, when I just moved to Vancouver, I thought Van was "prettier" in my occasional trips to Seattle, I admit that...then I learned not to "judge a book" from its cover as they say....to sum it up, Vancouver quickly lost its shine and Seattle gained.....not ideal yet but you cannot have everything in life

Last edited by saturno_v; 11-05-2014 at 01:21 PM..

Old 11-05-2014, 04:40 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Newsflash for stone-ground: My first post on the Vancouver forum was in February 2013 and I joined the site in 2008 (check it out)...so the "6 years" thing is something you pulled out of your proverbial behind
Don't put the onus on Stone-ground. I was the one that said you have 6 years posting history, and even that was wrong because there was a 5 year lapse with you not posting anything between your first and only topic in 2008 to 2013. You didn't have to post on the Vancouver forum 6 years ago to be critical of it. The first post you made criticizing Vancouver was on the Seattle forum in March, 2008 in the very first topic you started on CD, and which got locked.

I apologize for being blunt: Cannot wait to get out of Seattle

Quote:

........Vancouver is beautiful scenery wise and I been attracted to it because I thought could be some similar to Sydney....unfortunately it is not the case.
I really underestimated the effect of dull boring Northwest weather had on me in the long run. I found people in Van very unfriendly and reserved and not being direct in telling you what they think..the social scene was pathetic IMHO and it was hard even to get a date....
Then you went from criticizing Seattle and Vancouver in the Seattle forum, (the topic that got locked) to not posting at all again as Saturno V until 2013. Lord knows how many other personas and ID's you've posted under in the Vancouver forum from 2008 to 2013. Out of 291 posts total you as Saturno V have something like 275 posts to your name from February 2013 to today and pretty much all of them you are devoted to trashing Vancouver in particular and Canada in general, with just a few talking about Seattle.

Clearly your intent for posting on City Data forum is to haunt the Canada forums, mainly so you can troll and criticize Vancouver on any new posts and any revived necroposts about Vancouver. This is one of those necroposts and you didn't even bother to check to see when it was started or if the OP had ever revisited and contributed to it again after the initial first post. You just saw the word Vancouver and dived right in head first with your same old, same old.

Don't you have anything else to say about any other place or any other topic? Do you have anything GOOD to say about anything?

Last edited by Zoisite; 11-05-2014 at 05:30 PM..

Old 11-05-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Don't put the onus on Stone-ground. I was the one that said you have 6 years posting history, and even that was wrong because there was a 5 year lapse with you not posting anything between your first and only topic in 2008 to 2013. You didn't have to post on the Vancouver forum 6 years ago to be critical of it. The first post you made criticizing Vancouver was on the Seattle forum in March, 2008 in the very first topic you started on CD, and which got locked.

I apologize for being blunt: Cannot wait to get out of Seattle

Then you went from criticizing Seattle and Vancouver in the Seattle forum, (the topic that got locked) to not posting at all again as Saturno V until 2013. Lord knows how many other personas and ID's you've posted under in the Vancouver forum from 2008 to 2013. Out of 291 posts total you as Saturno V have something like 275 posts to your name from February 2013 to today and pretty much all of them you are devoted to trashing Vancouver, with just a few talking about Seattle.

Clearly your intent for posting on City Data forum is to haunt the Canada forums, mainly so you can troll and criticize Vancouver on any new posts and any revived necroposts about Vancouver. This is one of those necroposts and you didn't even bother to check to see when it was started or if the OP had ever revisited and contributed to it again after the initial first post. You just saw the word Vancouver and dived right in head first with your same old, same old.

Don't you have anything else to say about any other place or any other topic? Do you have anything GOOD to say about anything?

....and your entire point is????

Actually I did not write only negative things if you really did read my posts....admirable on your part...it seems I have a fan...sorry but I do not have a Facebook profile

...but you see, I do not think you did actually read my posts very well...I had great things to say about San Diego, San Francisco....New Orleans, Australia...Italy....etc...the same city where I live now which is not perfect but pretty good (minus the weather)

I have to force myself to keep a straight face replying to your multiple users innuendos...evidently there are many other people that have some problem with the best place on earth propaganda.....so maybe me, Botticelli, JohnSoCal and others are the same person??? Maybe I'm also the same person that write on newspapers, blogs and other forums about the cracks in heaven land?? I actually contracted out Rick Mercer to make that funny clip about Vancouver delusional reality .....Do you realize how stupid and ridiculous it sounds?? I hope you do....

It seems interesting that, according to your logic, the critical posts must have a sinister/psycothic/revenge agenda and possibly written by the same obsessed person where the sparkling and positive comments, usually from the same circle of people, you, Movingwiththewind, etc.. and with Natnasci as "leader", are the absolute truth...and what is actually more funny is that while I even dignify you, Stone-ground and some other cuckoos (I respect a lot Natnasci, at least he/she is thoughtful) of an actual answer to your hysterical nonsense, I receive quick reputation comments..... they go from "Tell it how it is", "thank you", "the truth hurts", and so on........

The more hysterical you guys get, the higher the entertainment value of this sub forum goes....I get a real kick out of it....the other sections by comparison are boring and mundane......the only reason I still hang around this place is to offer some genuine info to the newcomers and to entertain myself with the amount of delusion of grandeur...gosh not even New Yorkers or Londoners are anyway closer to this level...it is truly fascinating.

Last edited by saturno_v; 11-05-2014 at 06:37 PM..

Old 11-05-2014, 07:07 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,134,850 times
Vancouver is advertised as "the Best place on Earth". So, people should only post the good and positive about it or nothing at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver