Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 04:59 PM

12,540 posts, read 2,139,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Today I tried Quorn spicy chick'n patty, and it was
It was...what? I haven't tried this brand so I'd like to hear your opinion of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 09:28 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graytabbie View Post
It was...what? I haven't tried this brand so I'd like to hear your opinion of them.
Lol, sorry about that. It was delicious! Texture firm (better than I remember) and the flavor was just spicy enough to give it a kick. My kids said they taste like the spicy chicken sandwich at Wendy's.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:08 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Lol, sorry about that. It was delicious! Texture firm (better than I remember) and the flavor was just spicy enough to give it a kick. My kids said they taste like the spicy chicken sandwich at Wendy's.
I just tried Quorn chicken (pieces), and I thought it was really good. I think I used it in a pot pie, and no one noticed it wasn't chicken.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-30-2017, 10:18 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
Prior to this, the only other Quorn product I tried was their Turk'y Roast, which was pretty good. It's nice to switch things up when I need a break from beans and tofu.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Prior to this, the only other Quorn product I tried was their Turk'y Roast, which was pretty good. It's nice to switch things up when I need a break from beans and tofu.
Agree. I am not particularly keen on meat replacement, just because it can be filled with sodium and stuff, but I found that it could add to the enjoyment of our diet, which is important too.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:23 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,514,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
There is only one for me: the Gardenburger. I like to cook it longer than they say, till it's crisp on the outside.

http://www.seriouseats.com/images/20...e-test-2-4.jpg
Sooo.... I've discovered that my favorite veggie burgers are no longer sold anywhere in Dallas.

Can anybody recommend a similar type patty?

What I like about Gardenburgers is how I can cook them crispy on the outside so it ends up a chewy, not squishy dining experience (it takes longer than the suggested cooking time).

It seems like most veggie patties are either meant to be very soft and/or are trying to be like meat, neither of which are qualities I seek in a veggie patty.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:38 PM

Manlet just had an Impossible Burger at Cheesecake Factory and it was really good. Missing some of the fat mouth feel but otherwise just like a very lean hamburger.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:39 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,860,573 times
Beyond Burger is my new favorite. A very different texture and flavor than other veggie burgers.

Actually this is the only veggie burger that I buy any longer, other than Beyond Burger all I eat is house made.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:37 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,299,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Beyond Burger is my new favorite. A very different texture and flavor than other veggie burgers.

Actually this is the only veggie burger that I buy any longer, other than Beyond Burger all I eat is house made.
I've tried many veggie burgers over the last 20+ years of being vegetarian and now vegan and Beyond Burger is the only one I have found that I like. I flatten it out and cook it well done, it's the best that way. I no longer waste money on any others.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:00 AM

9 posts, read 7,098 times
I liked stovetopless cooked burger however, I like stovetop cooked burger now.It's too much delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food