Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:20 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,042,649 times

Advertisements

less mucous-y w/o dairy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 04:37 AM

55 posts, read 126,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrah View Post
less mucous-y w/o dairy
yes. When I drink milk My throat hurts, I get so congested I feel like my ears are going to explode and I get skin reactions. I think I became allergic in my adulthood. I do miss cheese though and I don't get such strong reactions with other dairy products. It's milk that kills me even the skim type

Old 06-06-2010, 04:58 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,042,649 times
less mucous and phlegm. Less stomach pains.
I make my own almond milk. It's pretty easy

Old 06-12-2010, 10:33 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
I have not totally illuminated dairy, but since my eldest son went vegan ae a family we have relied far less on a lacto ovo diet and more on a vegan diet.

The results-

I lost 5 lbs. I was not over weight to begin with but I feel slimmer and better
My husband lost 9 lbs. same stoy
our LDL (bad) cholesterol count went down
I feel less congested and cough less in the A.M.

I am not a vegan yet and I do not know if I ever will be.
I am in general a harm reductionist - so I do not want to directly contribute to factory farming.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:43 PM

784 posts, read 3,121,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_Random View Post
Read the book "The China Study". Although Campbell was raised on a farm and loved his milk and eggs and sausage, his scientific curiosity was peaked through the research he conducted as well as reviewed. Because of these potential links he found, he was finally able to receive funding to study the possible effects of protein on cancer.

Any study of the effect of foods on humans has to take into consideration so many other variables that it is almost impossible to prove anything. And as always when trying to work out the relative dangers of any food, it depends what you read online. See this article for example: Milk: Is milk a cause of Osteoporosis?

I would imagine that eating dairy foods in moderation is not harmful - it is designed as food after all. Eggs and sausage might be more dangerous from a number of standpoints.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:20 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
nothing beats cheesecake, and real whipped cream for me. I limit my intake of dairy, and I am keen on buying only from reputable dairies. Not all cows are treated like hell by demonically possessed human life forms. I have yet to find a non dairy ice cream that I like. Most are watery, and insipid. A small intense amout of the real thing beats watered down junk any day. I am going to research dairies better, however. I need contented cows ! I love Buffalo mozzarella. Nyum Nyum.....but in limited quantities. I am 63, and have good blood pressure, and no cholesterol problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food