Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:40 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,970 times

Advertisements

Hi, as a real estate broker, we are required to advise clients/customers if a property is "haunted"...actually we are required to disclose anything that is connected w/a "stigmatized" property...murder/suicide/violent crime AND hauntings...whether it is believed or not, by an agent or customer/client. As there are some people, such as myself, who does believe in spirits - ... there are others who do not believe however, the disclosure must be stated. What we can say is that "folklore"/town stories are that this house is haunted....it is up to the client/customer to believe it, or not.

If it was not disclosed and someone purchases a property, goes to the neighborhood general store and someone says, "hey, you are the ones who bought that haunted house"...and the new owners are scared of spirits, well, not going to be a pretty discussion in a deposition.

I have shown property that is haunted--not a bad haunted but nonetheless haunted...personally, I think it is pretty kool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvjd View Post
There were a lot of local people who claimed to either have experienced things in their home, or knew somebody else who had. I wonder if there is a book on that house that was said to have turned itself around in the other direction? I'll have to look that one up. As a Real Estate Agent, have you ever heard about anything with any of your properties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 03:11 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
Wow, you're a good detective, OhBeeHave!

arctichomesteader, can you share some of your experiences with us? I have had only one in my life, but it "haunts" me still.
Well a little: the first was the house I grew up in. Nothing major, just weird things like doors opening or closing when they were definately left open or closed and no one was around to open or close them. Things would sometimes be moved around. There were footsteps too with no one around. That was the worst of it. Almost every night, even during the day, footsteps...but no one to make them.

The second experience I had was up camping overnight in the woods by the celler hole of an old house (former farm I believe, there was an old apple orchard overgrown there too), I saw all sorts of shadowy figures in a human sort of shape, moving around. Lots of them. I've spent enough time in the woods to know I wasn't seeing anything normal, not wildlife, I've experienced all sorts of critters coming close in the woods but these were definately human figures. Left in the morning, I had enough of that, I stayed up all night with a fire going and a rifle on my lap but I doubt the gun really would have done any good if whatever those things were wanted to hurt me...it was just absolutely bizarre.

There was another but I won't give many details on the location, but it was the worst. It was broad daylight a few years back, and I saw what I'm certain was a demon...there was absolutely nothing that could have explained it, black thing floating in the backyard, somewhat see-through (I could vaguely see a shrub through it) seemingly "staring" at me but it had no discernible face, but it felt absolutely evil, a feeling I've never experienced otherwise, it was terrifying. It just sort of floated off after a few minutes.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:17 PM

914 posts, read 2,919,725 times
Wow, those are weird experiences, they gave me the shivers! Has anyone ever been with you, or were you always by yourself when these things happened? Maybe you're a "sensitive", meaning you are able to experience paranormal phenomena. It's something innate you're born with, like a talent. My mother is like that. But she doesn't value it and would never cultivate it. It scares her.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:18 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
Wow, those are weird experiences, they gave me the shivers! Has anyone ever been with you, or were you always by yourself when these things happened? Maybe you're a "sensitive", meaning you are able to experience paranormal phenomena. It's something innate you're born with, like a talent. My mother is like that. But she doesn't value it and would never cultivate it. It scares her.
Everyone else at home experienced things in that house I grew up in. So I know it wasn't just me with that. The other two incidents happened when I was alone, but, I have heard others have experienced something similar at that area in the second incident. The demonic thing in the third, I have no clue what to make of that, but I don't want to see it again...

I would hope I'm not sensitive to it, I've had more than enough of it for a lifetime I think...

Old 05-05-2011, 11:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,785 times
So the ghost story trail runs dry on March 6, 2011???
I will have to read the entire thread. I am only on page 4 at the time of this writing, but I am curious about any further commenting about this subject.

I also just watched A Haunting about Chester Vermont in 2006. Eerie and interesting since I really like history and lived in a 202 year old house when our family was in Chester from 1984 - 1987.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:28 AM

2 posts, read 3,625 times
Default Interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinvt View Post
My parents live in a house built in the early 1770s. It was once a tavern and has been owned by our family for five generations.
I was staying with my parents after having my first child and had just put the baby down for a nap. I started down the stairs and saw a man walking down the hall. He was wearing formal clothing... maybe from the 1800s. He was walking away from me, so I never saw his face. He continued walking down the hall and turned into the dining room. I followed, but there was no one there. I haven't seen anything/one since though my sister-in-law who lives on the other side of the house says she sometimes sees a woman walking through a wall. She's dressed in a long dress with an apron. My dad says that there was once a doorway where my sister-in-law says this woman appears from.
I would be interested in investigating here what is the location?

Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 AM

2 posts, read 3,625 times
where is this house

Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,666 times
Default Haunted house, mary Gee... cousin

Mary, your cousin from Unle Steves family here. Jimmy Stevens. Last You Saw me your were 5or so and Brad n Asa Bonny Eddy n I were heading towards beeing teens.
Grandma Bernard could have told you mu@h about the house as well as the history.
Her family from canada had a lot of "spirit" filled experiences

Old 03-09-2012, 09:21 AM

1,558 posts, read 3,857,922 times
Here's a write-up on the house in Chester. I just saw the re-air of this haunting a couple of weeks ago:

Paranormal Investigation: Chester, Vermont - 2006

Old 03-09-2012, 04:35 PM

914 posts, read 2,919,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermonter16 View Post
Here's a write-up on the house in Chester. I just saw the re-air of this haunting a couple of weeks ago:

Paranormal Investigation: Chester, Vermont - 2006
This is an older show, but I thought it was since revealed to be a fraud. The people who owned the house were doing it for publicity, and were some kind of shady scam artists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont