Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 09:47 AM

26,706 posts, read 41,859,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekapascal View Post
It's amazing to see all the stones that are cast on this site. We all know that the difference between those who have gotten tickets and those who haven't (in recent times) is that YOU haven't gotten caught. Let's stray away from speeding for a second: Maybe you had a small drink before driving a short distance back home (you say you knew your limit) but you made it home, whewwww, maybe you were out over your curfew in your younger days, maybe you talked back to your parents, maybe YOU only went 4 miles over the speed limit. The bottomline is stop throwing stones and help if you can, pray for those who need the help. NO one is perfect, so to the stone casters stop acting like it and hope like hell that your skeletons don't find away of creeping out of the closet.
Okay 64 in a 55 on 95 South at 11:30 pm is one thing. But the OP did 83 (probably drove a bit faster since that was only the speed she got clocked) in a 55 on I-66 (argubably NoVA's most congested freeway) during the height of rush hour in the DC area. The first case likely doesn't endanger many the OP's case does.

Two years ago i got a red light ticket and didnt come here asking for sympathy. A couple of months ago I almost got T-boned by a driver who ran a red light about 200 yards from my apt building. That made me realize that I need to take my driving seriously so I dont kill anyone including myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia