Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 05:30 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,022,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
We also have one in Brandywine too. And if my mother's real estate business continues to boom the way it is for her, we might even see a CFA in Clinton as well were the old Arby's used to be off of Route 5 where the Walmart and Lowe's are. She's interested in making it happen.
The Arby's in Clinton closed? How long ago has that been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 03:09 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,243,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
The Arby's in Clinton closed? How long ago has that been?
IIRC, I think it closed sometime back in 2011.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 AM

Quote:
IIRC, I think it closed sometime back in 2011.
I guess I just never noticed it was closed. Wow, can't say I'm surprised though. Probably would be a great location for a Chick Fil-A though.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,243,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
I guess I just never noticed it was closed. Wow, can't say I'm surprised though. Probably would be a great location for a Chick Fil-A though.
Yep, here in Clinton the nearest CFA's are the ones in Brandywine and Capitol Heights (We be going to this one the most). I think they are basically within the same distance of Clinton.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Yep, here in Clinton the nearest CFA's are the ones in Brandywine and Capitol Heights (We be going to this one the most). I think they are basically within the same distance of Clinton.
The one in Capitol Heights is actually one of the best ones I've been to. Even when they get packed during lunch, they are able to get through the lines relatively fast. Putting one in Hyattsville will require the same type of service and probably Clinton too if should ever come.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:54 AM

7,085 posts, read 9,610,218 times
The Hyattsville City council shot down the Chik-Fil-A plans last night. I'm glad. I have nothing against the chain, but a drive-thru at the mall is not a good idea. There is empty retail space at the Metro Shops near the metro entrance where the Creol restaurant used to be. There's space in the empty University Town Center, and I'm sure they could probably get a lease in the food court at the mall if it's not already full. Or, if they must build in the parking lot, then a walk-in restaurant like in Silver Spring off of Rt. 29 instead of a drive-thru I think would be ideal.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 AM

74 posts, read 171,258 times
That's a relief, adelphi_sky. Thanks for the update. I am a Hyattsville resident and have no desire to see a Chik-Fil-A in our city.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 AM

39 posts, read 93,307 times
Are people protesting chicken burgers and waffle fry joints coming their towns over politics now? Gotta love the DC area. LOL.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:55 PM

304 posts, read 715,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky93 View Post
Are people protesting chicken burgers and waffle fry joints coming their towns over politics now? Gotta love the DC area. LOL.
"Chicken" and "Politics" in the same sentence. Do you see you own fail and the fail of that scenario??? FYI, this justifiably controversial issue isn't just a "DC area" issue.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 PM

671 posts, read 1,550,205 times
This is not a controversial issue at all. It is only an issue because some people are trying to make it into one. Get over yourselves. Chick-fil-a does not discriminate; its leadership has a personal preference that has historically been the norm but has now changed to a decidedly unpopular one. Had their preference not been known, you'd be stuffing your face there all the same.

So really, what we're all hearing is that you are being intolerant of those with views that differ from yours. I don't like Chick-fil-a because their food is mediocre for an above average price, and also because my colleagues that think they are too classy to go to McDonalds love going there. But I will go there more often now as a show of solidarity in letting people express their opinions, no matter how unpopular. That's what our country was in part founded on, and I joined the armed services so that I can defend that right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland