Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 07:20 PM

304 posts, read 714,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Umm... why is this getting so repetitive? Stealing actually harms another person, as I said earlier in this thread. If you steal something from me not only do I feel violated, I am missing one of my possessions. Is this really that hard? If you are in a gay relationship, that has absolutely no effect on me at all. That is what I mean by harm. I have no emotions about this issue AT ALL. I go to a very conservative church, and everyone seems so horrified about gay people getting married, and I honestly just do not understand why they feel so strongly about it at all. I feel like I have heard pretty much every argument against gay marriage, and none of them are convincing. It is not my job to decide how other people conduct their private, personal affairs, including their contracts, which includes their marriages. This is one area where I really feel government intervention is not necessary. Do you feel that of all things, government is the moral and cultural arbiter? You don't want the government restricting guns, or managing healthcare, but you want them restricting your personal life and affairs? Let people manage their own relationships.
The losing battle that ignorant-minded / closest bigots face when dealing with gay marriage debates, mirrors that of a typical religious debate. I don't want to offend the believers (looks like you're one of them) but it is what it is. My point being... you're going to get nothing but the run around. You're not going to get an actual, tangible answer as to how a homosexual couple in Seattle, Washington getting married, will affect an unknowing married couple in Miami, Florida. There just isn't a rational or reasonable answer. It's just poorly disguised closet hatred, lack of understand, ignorance, etc. You'll find an answer to 'What's the meaning of life?' before you find an answer to why a normal human being who has NO RIGHT to judge others—based on the text of the good book they are so bound to—is so against gay marriage.

If the best argument is comparing gay marriage to looking the other way to a thief... you already know you've won the battle. Thievery harms everyone, be it directly or indirectly. Thieves directly affect the person(s) who were robbed. Thievery indirectly affects people, because the general consumer ends up paying higher prices to offset the costs of the stolen product(s).

A gay couple getting married in New Hampshire isn't directly or indirectly affecting Tom and Lacey in Denver, Colorado. Tom and Lacey are going to continue living their lives, blissfully unaware that a gay couple in New Hampshire, just got married. However, Tom and Lacey speaking out against gay marriage ... voting for laws that prohibit gay marriages and discriminating against gay couples ... directly and indirectly affect the gay couple in New Hampshire and gay people around the world, not just the U.S. The gay couple in New Hampshire now has to feel like a second class citizen to the superior, holier-than-thou straight people of the nation. The gay couple doesn't get the right to have their serious relationship recognized by law, nor do they get to benefit from the same legal rights a heterosexual couple has. The gay couple is now living in their own modern-day 1950-60s version of civil rights discrimination.

If anyone is getting 'harmed,' it sure as hell isn't the straight people of the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 07:27 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,010,141 times
Quote:
Umm... why is this getting so repetitive? Stealing actually harms another person, as I said earlier in this thread. If you steal something from me not only do I feel violated, I am missing one of my possessions. Is this really that hard?
Because you aren't answering the question. You stated that words get redefined all the time, and I'm asking you when has anything like re-defining marriage ever happen in this nation's history where the definition of a word (not a law) changes?

Quote:
If you are in a gay relationship, that has absolutely no effect on me at all. That is what I mean by harm. I have no emotions about this issue AT ALL. I go to a very conservative church, and everyone seems so horrified about gay people getting married, and I honestly just do not understand why they feel so strongly about it at all. I feel like I have heard pretty much every argument against gay marriage, and none of them are convincing.
Why do you go to church? I mean I'm certain (not sure what your religion is) that odds on out that your church refers to some document, some 'holy' book that describes that homosexuality is wrong, yet you don't have a problem with it? Seems like you are wasting your time. There is a reason why many many religions, oppose such behavior. It has been explained constantly in this thread why it should matter. Just as EdwardA stated, your premise that if something doesn't affect you, that you should have an opinion is so completely flawed, it amazes me that someone that is an educated woman as yourself can come up with such a ridiculous assertion. With your logic, your opinion on gun control should only be valid if you own a gun or been a victim of gun violence.

Quote:
It is not my job to decide how other people conduct their private, personal affairs, including their contracts, which includes their marriages. This is one area where I really feel government intervention is not necessary. Do you feel that of all things, government is the moral and cultural arbiter? You don't want the government restricting guns, or managing healthcare, but you want them restricting your personal life and affairs? Let people manage their own relationships.
Nobody said it was our jobs to tell people how to conduct their private lives. If we were truly trying to control people lives, then why wouldn't just try to band homosexuality? We aren't talking about banning homosexuality, the behavior, the lifestyle, the whatever you want to call it. We are talking about it not being part of the definition of marriage. TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS! I don't agree with homosexuality but it is not my job to tell someone that they are wrong for living that lifestyle. Now if they come to me on a personal level, then yes I will tell them that I believe it is wrong and tell them why. Again, if we use your logic, then you are trying to tell me that I should teach my kids that homosexuality is okay. You aren't doing that, you are expressing your own personal opinion about the topic and you are entitled to that. Don't tell me because I have an opinion on something that I'm trying to tell people how to live. If that is the case, then you should never express your opinion on any laws in this country because you would be doing the same thing you are accusing me of.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:42 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,826,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Because you aren't answering the question. You stated that words get redefined all the time, and I'm asking you when has anything like re-defining marriage ever happen in this nation's history where the definition of a word (not a law) changes?

Why do you go to church? I mean I'm certain (not sure what your religion is) that odds on out that your church refers to some document, some 'holy' book that describes that homosexuality is wrong, yet you don't have a problem with it? Seems like you are wasting your time. There is a reason why many many religions, oppose such behavior. It has been explained constantly in this thread why it should matter. Just as EdwardA stated, your premise that if something doesn't affect you, that you should have an opinion is so completely flawed, it amazes me that someone that is an educated woman as yourself can come up with such a ridiculous assertion. With your logic, your opinion on gun control should only be valid if you own a gun or been a victim of gun violence.

Nobody said it was our jobs to tell people how to conduct their private lives. If we were truly trying to control people lives, then why wouldn't just try to band homosexuality? We aren't talking about banning homosexuality, the behavior, the lifestyle, the whatever you want to call it. We are talking about it not being part of the definition of marriage. TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS! I don't agree with homosexuality but it is not my job to tell someone that they are wrong for living that lifestyle. Now if they come to me on a personal level, then yes I will tell them that I believe it is wrong and tell them why. Again, if we use your logic, then you are trying to tell me that I should teach my kids that homosexuality is okay. You aren't doing that, you are expressing your own personal opinion about the topic and you are entitled to that. Don't tell me because I have an opinion on something that I'm trying to tell people how to live. If that is the case, then you should never express your opinion on any laws in this country because you would be doing the same thing you are accusing me of.
Please see posts #51 onward to get an eerie case of deja vu. Do you have memory issues? If I felt unsure of my convictions or religion, I would probably respond to your insinuation that I'm being dishonest with myself and/or God. But I don't think you're equipped to really understand where I am coming from, and that's why you've moved into such a demeaning stance. 50 posts later, you have not articulated how giving someone else a legal freedom hurts you. You really don't seem to be able to distinguish a religious/moral issue from a political/legal one, as far as I can tell.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Why do you go to church? I mean I'm certain (not sure what your religion is) that odds on out that your church refers to some document, some 'holy' book that describes that homosexuality is wrong, yet you don't have a problem with it? Seems like you are wasting your time. There is a reason why many many religions, oppose such behavior. It has been explained constantly in this thread why it should matter
LOL. You are so blissfully ignorant that I don't know whether to laugh at you, or feel pity for you. I originally started out this rebuttal, trying to remember points made in a BELIEVER-driven documentary about the fallacies of homosexuality. Then, I decided to see if I could find a lengthy post I had written, a while back, to some ignorant character on this same issue... and surprise, surprise, I had written that rebuttal to none other than YOU! Once again, you have proven what I've stated time and time again... you are someone who loves to live in ignorant bliss, who refuses to listen to opposing viewpoints no matter what type of evidence support them, and who continues to try and spew their ignorant thinking onto others. And you do it in such an underhanded way that sound sort of/kind of 'intelligent,' that it's easy for someone to give you credibility. So, since you conveniently overlooked what I wrote to you about how you believers have misconstrued the words of the bible as it relates to homosexuality, I have copied and pasted what I originally wrote to you on August 27, 2012, and I will continue to paste them whenever you pull this B.S.:

Quote:
I think it's ironic that you talk about others who don't understand the bible and how it was written, when you clearly don't either. Chew on this tidbit as you praise to a fictious God that your ancestors didn't even acknowledge or believe in:

I just saw a documentary last night, that was almost written for ignorant folk like you. The documentary featured a panel of well-informed theologians and ministers who were all heterosexual and who knew the bible up and down. They wanted to debunk the myths that uninformed Christians have put out over the centuries, to intentionally distort and misconstrue the true meaning of the bible.

First, the theologists went out of their way to state that out of the over 6,000 passages in the holy bible, anything remotely related to "homosexuality," makes up LESS than 1% of the bible. Secondly, the bible NEVER mentions the words "gay" or "homosexuals," considering that the term "homosexual" wasn't first coined until the 19 century... FACT!

"Those places in the bible—in the English translation—where the word "homosexuality is used, is a FAR stretch from what was written in Greek." – Rev. Dr. John Shelby Spong

"The term 'homosexual' its self, was coined in the 19th century. So, many, many centuries AFTER Paul wrote." – Dr. Amy-Jill Levine, Theologist, Vanderbilt University

"The term 'homosexual' does not occur in the Greek language, and it doesn't occur in the Hebrew language." – Rev. Dr. John Shelby Spong

GENESIS 1:1-31 (Version 1) — Adam & Eve: Homosexuals are inherantly sinful because they cannot procreate. (Myth #1)

Rev. Dr. John Shelby Spong stated that MOST people have no idea that there are TWO creation stories written in the bible. One of the stories is "any form of human sexual activity must lead to procreation. Well, if that standard were to be applied, WIDELY, there are a whole lot of folks that are in trouble with the Lord: Post-menopausal women, infertile women, any man or woman who are sterile, currently pregnant women, any person who uses birth control." The theologists all stated that idea is completely irrelevant in modern times.

Dr. Amy-Jill Levine from Vanderbilt University, stated that "It seems to me that if God says that it's not good for the human being to be alone, I'll make that human being 'a helper.' And it's the human being who chooses who that helper is to be. Then why, today, would we forbid gay and lesbian individuals from finding their own helper??? From finding someone who completes them??? ... God said that it is not good for the human being to be alone. Why are churches insisting that gay and lesbian people remain celibate???".

GENESIS 19:1-29 — Sodom and Gomorrah (Sodomites): A story of gross homosexual practices resulting in punishment.

Next, since you wanted to quote Sodom and Gomorrah, that was actually the biggest myth talked about in the documentary, and the one that MOST Christians have no clue about.

"The Sodom and Gomorrah story IS NOT ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY." – Dr. Amy-Jill Levine, Theologist, Vanderbilt University

"Sodom and Gomorrah is the story about the FAILURE TO PROVIDE HOSPITALITY. It's the failure to honor the stranger in your midst." – Reverend Greg Dell, Senior Pastor, Broadway United Methodist Church

Sodom and Gomorrah had absolutely NOTHING to do with homosexuality or anything gay-related, it was a HOSPITALITY issue. The theologists all had a really good laugh at all of the Christians who keep trying to tie homosexuality to the event. Sodom and Gomorrah was a case where these two angels go into Sodom and they sit on a curb for many hours in the town square, waiting to see if somebody would provide them with hospitality. As it gets later and later, the townspeople begin to chatter that this should provide for some good entertainment later on in the evening. Just when the townsfolk concluded no one was going to offer them temporary shelter — LOT came to the rescue, and offered to house the angels. All of the men in the village were infuriated that Lot had offer to shelter the angels. The entire town literally came to the front door of Lot, and almost started an L.A. Riot. They wanted Lot to kick the angels out so they could "know them." In those days, that meant a sexual connotation. Lot refuses, and instead offers a compromise by offering his two virgin daughters to the townsfolk, so they could rape them. The angels used their angelic powers and blinded everyone in the crowd. The angels then decided they would destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. The angels instructed Lot and his entire family, to flee the town and not to look back. If anyone should look back, they would turn to a pillar of salt. Of course, Lot's wife looked back, and she turned into salt. Lot and his surviving two daughters, originally wanted to flee to another town. But, such as what was going to happen to the angels who visited Sodom and Gomorrah, they knew the price they'd pay for being newcomers. They fled to the mountains and lived there, alone. Lot and his daughters eventually developed an incestual relationship with each other. To that story, Reverend Greg Dell states, "And THAT story is used to condemn homosexuality???"

Rev. Dr. John Shelby Spong stated, "Out of all of the scriptures that have been used to try and punish gay and lesbian folks, Sodom and Gomorrah is the most misused ... I can't think of a single serious biblical scholar—across the spectrum—who would say the story of Sodom and Gomorrah is really a story about a sin of same-gendered sexual activity."

Dr. Amy-Jill Levine stated, "The TRUE sin in the Sodom and Gomorrah story, is when Lot says 'Here are my two virgin daughters, why don't you gang rape them, instead?' ... To elevate those texts and say the REAL concern is homosexuality, is to show our [heterosexual] priorities are messed up."

FYI... out of the twenty-seven (27) books in the New Testament, thirteen (13) were written by one man... PAUL. These include: Romans, 1st Corithians, 2nd Corithians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1st Thessalonians, 2nd Thessalonians, 1st Timothy, 2nd Timothy, Titus, Philemon, and Hebrews. Why does this matter?? Because out of the three (3) versus in the New Testament that condemned homosexuality, ALL three were written by Paul. Reverend Greg Dell mentioned, "Paul stated that if you don't worship God, properly, God will confuse your sexual identity.' That's part of the reason why I believe Paul was a deeply repressed gay man ... Homosexuality is not abnormal. It is not unnatural. We can identify it in the world of higher mammals [animals]." Paul also widely used the word "natural" and tied it into homosexuality. The problem is, most theologists have concluded that the term "natural" back in those times, didn't mean what it does, today. The term "natural" meant what was considered "popular" in those days. And to go even further, Paul uses the term "natural" to suggest that he felt people should be "natural" in the way he was natural... which was to be an unmarried CELIBATE man.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:50 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,010,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
The losing battle that ignorant-minded / closest bigots face when dealing with gay marriage debates, mirrors that of a typical religious debate. I don't want to offend the believers (looks like you're one of them) but it is what it is. My point being... you're going to get nothing but the run around. You're not going to get an actual, tangible answer as to how a homosexual couple in Seattle, Washington getting married, will affect an unknowing married couple in Miami, Florida. There just isn't a rational or reasonable answer. It's just poorly disguised closet hatred, lack of understand, ignorance, etc. You'll find an answer to 'What's the meaning of life?' before you find an answer to why a normal human being who has NO RIGHT to judge others—based on the text of the good book they are so bound to—is so against gay marriage.

If the best argument is comparing gay marriage to looking the other way to a thief... you already know you've won the battle. Thievery harms everyone, be it directly or indirectly. Thieves directly affect the person(s) who were robbed. Thievery indirectly affects people, because the general consumer ends up paying higher prices to offset the costs of the stolen product(s).

A gay couple getting married in New Hampshire isn't directly or indirectly affecting Tom and Lacey in Denver, Colorado. Tom and Lacey are going to continue living their lives, blissfully unaware that a gay couple in New Hampshire, just got married. However, Tom and Lacey speaking out against gay marriage ... voting for laws that prohibit gay marriages and discriminating against gay couples ... directly and indirectly affect the gay couple in New Hampshire and gay people around the world, not just the U.S. The gay couple in New Hampshire now has to feel like a second class citizen to the superior, holier-than-thou straight people of the nation. The gay couple doesn't get the right to have their serious relationship recognized by law, nor do they get to benefit from the same legal rights a heterosexual couple has. The gay couple is now living in their own modern-day 1950-60s version of civil rights discrimination.

If anyone is getting 'harmed,' it sure as hell isn't the straight people of the nation.
Honestly, you are the biggest hypocrite on this site. You have the nerve to call someone a bigot, yet you have called almost every single person on this thread that have a difference of opinion as you some name outside their name. If you really want to talk about tolerance, love and respect, you clearly know nothing about it. You have serious issues. You are an insecure individual who looks to insult people as a means to prove that you are right, but in reality you are a coward. You hide behind a computer screen, you hide behind this facade as being some tough guy, but in reality you don't believe most of the stuff that you put up here, you just post these things because you are still angry at God. Your anger isn't going to change what the truth is.

The truth is really simple. If homosexuality was the norm and didn't harm other, there is a 50% chance you wouldn't even be on this planet. You can talking about Christians, but if you look across the board there are groups of people far worse than these people that you allege are bigots. You think someone is a bigot for disagreeing and just expressing their thoughts? Go to Kenya and tell them how you feel about homosexuality and let's see if you make it back home alive. The reality is homosexuals have created a mass agenda through mass media and have brainwashed people like you and Zimar to believe that they should have rights.

The truth is, there is no such things as marriage equality with homosexuals. Something that is equal, needs no addition, needs nothing added to it to be equal, yet in order for homosexual to procreate like heterosexual couple they will always require a third person who is not even in their relationship. You want to talk about how homosexuality doesn't harm people, you try telling that to me and my wife and the millions of other people who have kids in school systems that are increasingly teaching kids that homosexuality is okay and in some instances without parental consent. When I think about my two beautiful children, and I think about how corrupt and immoral this society is. I think about people like you. Who reject reality, who reject truth, not because they are dumb, but because they choose to. If it was ever meant for homosexuals to be the same as heterosexuals, there will no need for having two different genders, with two different body types. No matter how much you deny it, a man didn't create a man and woman at the beginning of time. It was a higher power, a supreme and sovereign being that created us in a specific manner so that he may be glorified. The only reason why this is even being accepted more because of people like you, who reject God and reject truth.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:

Thank you for containing your frustration with religious people. As you can see, there is a lot of bigotry/ignorance surrounding this issue, and I personally think none of it is condoned by Christianity. I'd like to see some of these marriage police make war on divorce, or adultery, or common law marriage, all of which are Biblically unacceptable. It is not my place to control/judge other people, but to emulate how Christ would live. It does not "save" or "protect" marriage to keep gay people from getting married. If you've read about the legal cases surrounding this issue, the poor saps attempting to come up with some answer to what I keep asking- What exactly is the harm?- are falling flat on their faces over and over again, and unlike the posters on the board, they cannot dodge that central question here by attacking opposing counsel or making insane analogies that make no sense.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Thank you for containing your frustration with religious people. As you can see, there is a lot of bigotry/ignorance surrounding this issue, and I personally think none of it is condoned by Christianity. I'd like to see some of these marriage police make war on divorce, or adultery, or common law marriage, all of which are Biblically unacceptable. It is not my place to control/judge other people, but to emulate how Christ would live. It does not "save" or "protect" marriage to keep gay people from getting married. If you've read about the legal cases surrounding this issue, the poor saps attempting to come up with some answer to what I keep asking- What exactly is the harm?- are falling flat on their faces over and over again, and unlike the posters on the board, they cannot dodge that central question here by attacking opposing counsel or making insane analogies that make no sense.
Again, if you are religious, I apologize if I may have offended you with my previous comment. I am not particularly religious, and I try to have respect for religious people who respect me. You seem to be one of those people. Also, thank you for your response. I whole-heartedly agree. I have said before that I'd have much more respect for a person who can outright have balls enough to just come out and state that they hate gays or they hate blacks or whatever it may be, without trying to hide or justify their hate behind some sort of religious context and/or sheer ignorance.

I think I get so mad, because they voice of one ignorant individual, is usually the voice of a greater majority of people. That's when it becomes truly scary... that in 2013, we are discussing something so arbitrary... something as simple as BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS. I feel like we're in the 1960s, again. I feel like I expect to see a march down the street with Dr. Martin Luther King, leading the way. Why is granting EVERY individual—who isn't doing something that is without question going to hurt another—basic human rights, something we're at the supreme court level debating about in the 21st century??? That is very damning and concerning to me.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Honestly, you are the biggest hypocrite on this site. You have the nerve to call someone a bigot, yet you have called almost every single person on this thread that have a difference of opinion as you some name outside their name. If you really want to talk about tolerance, love and respect, you clearly know nothing about it. You have serious issues. You are an insecure individual who looks to insult people as a means to prove that you are right, but in reality you are a coward. You hide behind a computer screen, you hide behind this facade as being some tough guy, but in reality you don't believe most of the stuff that you put up here, you just post these things because you are still angry at God. Your anger isn't going to change what the truth is.

The truth is really simple. If homosexuality was the norm and didn't harm other, there is a 50% chance you wouldn't even be on this planet. You can talking about Christians, but if you look across the board there are groups of people far worse than these people that you allege are bigots. You think someone is a bigot for disagreeing and just expressing their thoughts? Go to Kenya and tell them how you feel about homosexuality and let's see if you make it back home alive. The reality is homosexuals have created a mass agenda through mass media and have brainwashed people like you and Zimar to believe that they should have rights.

The truth is, there is no such things as marriage equality with homosexuals. Something that is equal, needs no addition, needs nothing added to it to be equal, yet in order for homosexual to procreate like heterosexual couple they will always require a third person who is not even in their relationship. You want to talk about how homosexuality doesn't harm people, you try telling that to me and my wife and the millions of other people who have kids in school systems that are increasingly teaching kids that homosexuality is okay and in some instances without parental consent. When I think about my two beautiful children, and I think about how corrupt and immoral this society is. I think about people like you. Who reject reality, who reject truth, not because they are dumb, but because they choose to. If it was ever meant for homosexuals to be the same as heterosexuals, there will no need for having two different genders, with two different body types. No matter how much you deny it, a man didn't create a man and woman at the beginning of time. It was a higher power, a supreme and sovereign being that created us in a specific manner so that he may be glorified. The only reason why this is even being accepted more because of people like you, who reject God and reject truth.
I thought we learned in the first grade, that composing thoughts in one giant paragraph, was a major grammatical error? Therefore, I didn't waste my time reading any of your rant, so all of those wasted keystrokes were just one giant fail. I'm not going to entertain some fool who can't even properly form a formidable thought.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
LOL. You are so blissfully ignorant that I don't know whether to laugh at you, or feel pity for you. I originally started out this rebuttal, trying to remember points made in a BELIEVER-driven documentary about the fallacies of homosexuality. Then, I decided to see if I could find a lengthy post I had written, a while back, to some ignorant character on this same issue... and surprise, surprise, I had written that rebuttal to none other than YOU! Once again, you have proven what I've stated time and time again... you are someone who loves to live in ignorant bliss, who refuses to listen to opposing viewpoints no matter what type of evidence support them, and who continues to try and spew their ignorant thinking onto others. And you do it in such an underhanded way that sound sort of/kind of 'intelligent,' that it's easy for someone to give you credibility. So, since you conveniently overlooked what I wrote to you about how you believers have misconstrued the words of the bible as it relates to homosexuality, I have copied and pasted what I originally wrote to you on August 27, 2012, and I will continue to paste them whenever you pull this B.S.:
I, too, have always thought it was funny that everyone's takeaway from the story of Sodom and Gomorrah is that homosexuality is the major sin here, not, you know, gang-raping innocent strangers or local young girls. If I remember correctly, this is the section of the Bible people rely on the most in their argument that homosexuality is a sin, and it is somewhat vague at best. You know, I think God's real gift to us is our conscience and I wish people would use it more!

I think the point of this thread is that if you are a businessman who owns a well-loved fast food establishment and you decide to take a controversial political stance for no real reason, yes, people will take note and it will come back to haunt you in some way.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:

You know, it really dilutes your point when you complain about someone calling you names and then you proceed to call them "brainwashed." Just a tip.

Also, and I just noticed this... your statement is sort of creepy. Homosexuals have brainwashed us into thinking that they have rights? Come on man, you sound like you want to keep gay people in cages or something. We would love for you to come join us here in the year 2013, where everyone has "rights" and gets to choose how to live, whether you agree with that choice or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland