Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:51 AM

37 posts, read 112,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
When did this happen?? Last time I went there (mind you it was a coupe of years ago), all the guys were in suits and the women looked like they stepped off the runway. Can we blame these pictures on hot weather?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 02:44 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,716,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedChai View Post
When did this happen?? Last time I went there (mind you it was a coupe of years ago), all the guys were in suits and the women looked like they stepped off the runway. Can we blame these pictures on hot weather?

To be fair, there is still a significant portion of brothers in suits there for happy hour.

That crowd there at happy hour won't be at a dayparty.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:37 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Love is still open?
Unfortunately, the whole Young Black Professional thing is tired and flawed. It is hard to tell what from what these days since everybody "dresses up." Still, it was fun when I was there. Thank God I am married.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:37 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,161,008 times
From the video and how they are dressed, I can tell that most of the people at the day parties are DC cats with money for bottle service and a rack of DMV females fakin. During the other times, it's professional dudes (mostly from out of town) with suits fakin like they just came from a meeting with Obama. LOL

Old 03-05-2012, 02:43 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,716,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
From the video and how they are dressed, I can tell that most of the people at the day parties are DC cats with money for bottle service and a rack of DMV females fakin. During the other times, it's professional dudes (mostly from out of town) with suits fakin like they just came from a meeting with Obama. LOL

Basically everyone faking huh? I can agree.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:48 PM

41 posts, read 96,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherterese View Post
I'm a late 20's SBF, where do the grown an sexy go in my new city?
Any and all help would be appreciated
I' ve actually just discovered this, but "Bar 7" on 7th street is a great place for young black professionals ESPECIALLY, during happy hour.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:38 PM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaront View Post
I' ve actually just discovered this, but "Bar 7" on 7th street is a great place for young black professionals ESPECIALLY, during happy hour.
"Just discovered?" Where have you been the past 3 or 4 years? They broadcast parties on WKYS and WPGC from Bar 7. That means it is completely unacceptable to party there.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:59 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
"Just discovered?" Where have you been the past 3 or 4 years? They broadcast parties on WKYS and WPGC from Bar 7. That means it is completely unacceptable to party there.
Well if you don't listen to the radio, like myself, then you probably would not have heard of it. But yeah, I knew about that place.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 AM

11 posts, read 34,292 times
Thanks for posting that! Made it much easier to cross off of my list. Seeing how things change quickly over time, do you have any updated suggestions, besides Indulj? My friends and I want to hang out on Saturday night. I've seen Indulj mentioned several times on other threads, so I figure it will reach capacity pretty quickly.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 AM

43 posts, read 64,767 times
It would be nice to get some updates on this list. I recently went to Park, and Bar 7 , Thursday Happy Hour, but it was right after the 1st of the year, and both places were kind of "dead", especially Bar 7. I can say that there were a lot of guys in suits (if that's what you're into) at Park, but again it was kind of light and quiet.
I would love to go to a place with more of a lounge atmosphere. Never been to the poetry events at Bus Boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: