Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 11:35 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,220,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
Dating in DC is unique which is why I posted it here instead of the relationship forum. Most of the posts coming from men for this thread are depressing. It feels like there is no hope for single, older women. I guess it is still a mans world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
It goes both ways. Dating is no joy ride in general. However, I do think its tough for both sexes here in DC. It's not a man's world or I would be able to find a nice woman. Again, DC is easy to date and hook up. If you're looking for someone long-term I have yet to meet anyone who has. If I got eye contact from women I would make a move most likely. Women rarely give eye contact to anyone in this city, let alone a smile. It's depressing but true.
And this, quite simply, was the secret of my success. No joke. Not that I walked around like a grinning idiot, but there is some truth to what RLCMA says, so eye contact and an approachable demeanor really stand out (because believe me, no beauty queen here). Muffy, if you can buck the trend, it will be a lot easier. Does red look good on you? Draw the attention, and then when you get it, give it back.

Just, you know, not on the Metro. Then you'll attract a creeper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 11:43 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,636,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
And this, quite simply, was the secret of my success. No joke. Not that I walked around like a grinning idiot, but there is some truth to what RLCMA says, so eye contact and an approachable demeanor really stand out (because believe me, no beauty queen here). Muffy, if you can buck the trend, it will be a lot easier. Does red look good on you? Draw the attention, and then when you get it, give it back.

Just, you know, not on the Metro. Then you'll attract a creeper.
Eye contact is key. Some women give it and some don't. As a man I always look over at a woman I'm attracted to to see if she looks at me. I had a stunner check me out last week but I didn't do anything about it as I was on my way to work and just didn't want to stop and chat. The majority of women in DC give absolutely no cues of interest. Some will look at you all serious and such, if they look at you at all. It's really all in the non-verbal communication. Picked up a woman last year who was eye balling me at a sushi bar. Made my move when I left and we dated for 3 months.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:39 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,756,621 times
Well the V day is upon us.

I want to say, despite what I said:

Guys: big expensive watches, nice cars, and whatever you think makes girls fall in love with you, it's not true. I've been in both spectrum, and it's all about who the girl is, but at the end of the day, it's all about what you want out of the relationship, however short or long. If you want something amazing, just be honest. Girls might not understand this, but women with strong morals and open heart may understand you, and that's who you want to be. She'll make you feel better than anything in this world.

Girls: Guys don't always want to sleep with you. Sometimes that's not what they're looking for when they meet you. But if you can't go along with some of the lame ass things that we throw at you, have a big laugh about it, relax, then we're just going to either walk away or be annoying. That's how it is.

At the end of the day, we just all wanna find someone who we can talk to and feel comfortable with. That's just it.

I think we are so alone sometimes in our own lives, and that's how we all live and only way to know how to live that we fail to understand how to interact with different sexual beings. And sometimes it's awkward, and sometimes it's not so comfortable. Then we just say, "screw it" and go back to our caves, females and males.

BUT. If you open yourself a bit, you'll be surprised that how much people actually care about each other, and how amazing people can respond back to your positive reaction.

I mean, I tell girls that I'm close to being homeless when I meet them. Am I? No. But if you stick around and talk to me about things, then maybe money or things don't matter. Maybe we have a good connection, and whatever life might bring in the future, we can survive together.

Girls are always "feminism this" and "feminism that". I've yet met a girl strong enough to represent feminism like my mother. Is she a feminist? No. She is just a strong woman, who we look up to without ever blurring those words or ideas out. Is she a beautiful woman? Yes. Is she strong? Yes. Is she strong? Yes. Through her action, not just with words (through some social network), she becomes our hero. Ultimately, the idea of feminism is where male species look up to and gives respect to women, and that's never done by pissing guys off. It's done by action, and I respect woman, because I respect my strong mother, and appreciate her amazing powers of perseverance, and endurance and her amazing power of infinite love for me, and forgiveness.

If anything, Valentines day should be for our mothers, not for stranger of opposite sex we want us to love us.

When the S^!& hits the fan, the strongest woman will raise their children right, and make sure the family remain strong together. Just like father, when the S^!& hits the fan, the right man will always go and do the most degrading things, and most amazing things to provide for the family that he loves.

I think relationships are silly these days. I think it's because there are no true hardship to test their love. Love needs to be tested, and people need to understand, and have standards at these times of desperation.

If you can't make your home worthy of your family, who will? It is never simple as how religion puts it, nor is it simple as how scientist puts it. Love is an art, that you have to create, and nobody will understand it logically, yet, everyone will be able to feel it deep inside when they see it.

Last edited by Plokivos; 02-09-2015 at 07:59 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 08:01 AM

1,261 posts, read 697,197 times
Personally, I thnk dating is tough at any age. The lucky ones find someone .....to me, thats hard to find

Old 02-28-2015, 05:50 PM

32,136 posts, read 34,807,116 times
Women over the age of 35 have difficultly dating in any city. Unless you are, or look like you could be the identical twin of...

Alyssa Milano
Rachel McAdams
Eva Longoria
Eva Mendes
Gabrielle Union
Rosario Dawson
Paula Patton
Charlize Theron
Kerry Washington
Rashida Jones
Morena Baccarin

Those are all women over the age of 35 who can still compete with the average 24-27 year old hottie.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:43 AM

1,261 posts, read 697,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Women over the age of 35 have difficultly dating in any city. Unless you are, or look like you could be the identical twin of...

Alyssa Milano
Rachel McAdams
Eva Longoria
Eva Mendes
Gabrielle Union
Rosario Dawson
Paula Patton
Charlize Theron
Kerry Washington
Rashida Jones
Morena Baccarin

Those are all women over the age of 35 who can still compete with the average 24-27 year old hottie.
My new favorite is Gugu Mbatha-Raw, but I think she is only 32/33. Must admit, I had to look up one or two off your list.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:50 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,791,379 times
Women are mostly the blame. They spend there younger years being picky and dismissing dudes over stupid reasons. Then once 35 hits they change their tone. I'm sure plenty of times guys have offered to get their number and/or to take them on a date and was called a creep. Those same guys that were dissed by women in their 20s because they were broke college students or didn't have any swag are now in demand when they are 35 but then they choose to date younger women instead. Women across the country must learn that their beauty is going to fade one day and once that times hits they better be married.Once you hit a certain age dudes aaren't going to approach you like they were in your 20s but women think their this is going to happen their entire life and it's false.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:52 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,791,379 times
These two podcasts will explain in detail what I just stated. Guys will know that this is 100% true

Watch "Tom Leykis --- No One Wants 50 year Old Women" on YouTube
Tom Leykis --- No One Wants 50 year Old Women: http://youtu.be/EDzyAZrkSqg

Watch "Tom Leykis Over the hill" on YouTube
Tom Leykis Over the hill: http://youtu.be/e7fqay1aXTQ

Last edited by afdinatl; 03-02-2015 at 06:04 AM..

Old 03-02-2015, 10:05 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,417,385 times
I show all women love, no matter the age. I don't always get it back but whatever. My heart is still beating.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:30 PM

417 posts, read 595,648 times
I don't know many women in DC that were asked out by alot of men. Maybe 1 or 2 so I do not know what kind of women you are all referring to. Is it so wrong to have some standards?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of: