Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 01:36 PM

353 posts, read 934,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West coast at heart View Post
Allforcats!!!! Great to see a post from you! Peace!
Likewise. Allforcats, you have been missed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 04:17 PM

3 posts, read 4,497 times
My husband and I moved to Port Angeles 6 years ago after renting in the Seattle area. We love it here but we are senior citizens and not sure how it would feel to a younger person or a family with kids. That said I want to heartily recommend the city to all retirees! There is a wonderful senior center and all the people are very friendly and helpful. There is also a terrific library with programs for all ages and an indoor swimming pool for exercise and fun. There is a farmer's market that runs all year round which not many places have. Yes, the job market is depressed but we don't find the cost of living to be that high. Traffic is non existant and parking is rarely a problem. And of course the natural beauty of the area is spectacular, so you can see I'm very positive about the area (including Sequim).

Old 02-03-2013, 12:48 AM

104 posts, read 130,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1212 View Post
That is such positive news! I too, hope to move up to that area once my son graduates high school (2 more years). Congrats to you and best wishes

Me too, when my son graduates next year. Hope I like it as much as I did on my many trips out there!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 PM

510 posts, read 889,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice quirky View Post
Traffic is non existant and parking is rarely a problem.
I would kind of disagree with this. It kind of depends on the time of day, but trying to get through PA around 4 on a weekday has been horrible my last few times in town. Just crowded and slow, nothing like the big cities, but enough to make you wonder. Parking in PA is okay because there isn't a whole lot to draw folks in big numbers that need to park (other than the courthouse). The WalMart Supercenter has good parking, but they built way out to accomodate the parking. Most of the box stores choose Sequim because the parking availability and it is close enough to service PA. The traffic can also be seasonal. In spring/early summer there are lots of fishing boats that are trailered through the area and can really slow down the traffic (mostly Friday-Sunday). Then during summer/early fall lots of RVs and campers going to the coast and the national park, and they tend to slow down the traffic.
They are in the process of adding lanes and an underpass to the main road (101) between Sequim and PA because the traffic has outgrown the infrastructure. They recently ugraded some of the alternate routes to ease the flow, but still plenty of cars.

Last edited by rainforest338; 02-04-2013 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: more stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington