Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 07:57 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,152,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Again, I agree, but those are all pipe dreams. How long has the American public railed against political action money and lobbyists? At least since sometime in the "80's. How's that working so far?
Yes, dreams.. It is what built this nation.. Granted it likely will not happen until we are very old or dead.
(McCain /Feingold tried)/ but,......

Anyway, until then I will stick to my smokeless pipe dreams.. And we can continue to disagree on which party is the lesser of two evils..
As the divide increases so will the tension... Just the opposite of what then working class needs..

This sucks.. America needs a wake up call. But again a pipe dream...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 08:36 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Take.all money out of campaigns, they are the.airwaves of we the people anyway.
I have advocated that incumbents should have ZERO campaign spending, as they have a voting record.

Informed voters could make informed decisions if they would study the candidates, and Hollywood was excluded from communication,

Old 10-07-2014, 09:22 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,152,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I have advocated that incumbents should have ZERO campaign spending, as they have a voting record.

Informed voters could make informed decisions if they would study the candidates, and Hollywood was excluded from communication,

Old 10-16-2014, 10:15 PM

268 posts, read 366,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnuttall View Post
We had the exact same discovery... Thanks for posting this, you worded it perfect, this is going to put my wife in the nut house but her Prefix ZKW insurance won't cover it.
Ha, ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnuttall View Post
Its all starting to make sense for the ZKW club... Helpful advice " Don't Get Hurt" It will cost you an arm and a leg literally!
You probably received some good news in the mail that beginning in 2015, the Premera ZKW network is going to be accepted at the major medical centers in Seattle - Swedish and UW Medicine including Harborview, UW Medical Center, and the UW clinics. And it has been accepted at Seattle Children's Hospital since Sept. 1, 2014. Of course having insurance that actually works for expensive medical problems is going to cost more, but I figure that it will be worth the 20%(?) premium increase coming next year.

And as one of the first respondents to Premera's survey about "virtual care", well, I earned a $10 gift certificate (), and perhaps my story was influential in convincing them that that it being acceptable to actually talk to a doctor on a phone is a good idea.

So did you actually receive your Premera ZKW card on time (as in before 2014), or was your bank account drained along with Uncle Sam and me?

Old 10-21-2014, 01:27 PM

24 posts, read 47,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Ha, ha.

You probably received some good news in the mail that beginning in 2015, the Premera ZKW network is going to be accepted at the major medical centers in Seattle - Swedish and UW Medicine including Harborview, UW Medical Center, and the UW clinics. And it has been accepted at Seattle Children's Hospital since Sept. 1, 2014. Of course having insurance that actually works for expensive medical problems is going to cost more, but I figure that it will be worth the 20%(?) premium increase coming next year.

And as one of the first respondents to Premera's survey about "virtual care", well, I earned a $10 gift certificate (), and perhaps my story was influential in convincing them that that it being acceptable to actually talk to a doctor on a phone is a good idea.

So did you actually receive your Premera ZKW card on time (as in before 2014), or was your bank account drained along with Uncle Sam and me?
I've been doing some research at Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner
On the home page you can view the actual 2015 rates and see what rate increase the insurers requested and what was actually approved. For Premera they requested 8.1% and were approved for 2.2% to 3.6% in 2015 depending on the type of plan you have. I found this information in the link above under the heading "Current Issues and Reforms".

Old 10-22-2014, 12:38 AM

268 posts, read 366,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagypsy59 View Post
I've been doing some research at Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner

On the home page you can view the actual 2015 rates and see what rate increase the insurers requested and what was actually approved. For Premera they requested 8.1% and were approved for 2.2% to 3.6% in 2015 depending on the type of plan you have.
Thanks for the helpful info!

BTW, for anyone interested, I did not just imagine or invent the feared 20% rate increase. It based was based upon a Wall Street Journal article suggesting that insurance rates in the state of Washington were going up considerably in 2015. I don't know if the article was faulty or just applies to other folk's insurance.

Also, I learned that I think that Virginia Mason accepts my insurance this year. Although that is not where I was referred to, my statement about major medical centers in Seattle not accepting narrow network insurance seems to be incorrect.

I am certainly curious about how Premera seemingly knocked down a surgery billed for ~$15K to ~$900 by just refusing to pay for much. I'll just have to wait and see how that works out for me.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:05 AM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Well, as one who benefitted from Medicaid this last January, let me tell the rest of you: Thank you. I know your premiums have gone up and people are hurting from the increase, and I know maybe you'd rather have the money than save someone's life. I don't know what to say about that. All I know is that if I hadn't had Medicaid last January, I probably wouldn't be here typing this today. I guess you could say I am one of the faces of the many people your money is helping to insure. Again, I say thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington