Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 02:25 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poogie777 View Post
Great post! With loads of info, however, is not true. That would be per quarter, not per month.

Yes, some of the homes do seem to be close to one another. My husband and I were fortunate to find one with a lot of privacy! You can see us in the winter, not in the summer because of the maple trees! We're kind of in a "tree house" out here! Love it!

I noticed in the Bellingham Heralds business mag. they said the median prices "have" gone down..from $280,450 last May to $255,000 this year. So to answer the original post question and that's all of Whatcom County, which I would gather would affect Sudden Valley as well. Their posting for our economic indicators are quite interesting. Doesn't seem like our area is affected as bad as other areas! That's good news!
Not for me, I wanna see some of those 1970s and 80s style homes drop to the 150s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 10:40 AM

25 posts, read 139,554 times
Thanks Poogie777 for the correction on the HOA dues! I was advised, and all the realtor sheets, show the dues as a monthly. I'll pass that info along to my agent. Can you shed some clarification on the water/sewer billing cycle as well, as those costs seem fairly high as well.

Thanks again!

Old 07-13-2008, 04:35 PM

365 posts, read 692,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poogie777 View Post
Great post! With loads of info, however, is not true. That would be per quarter, not per month.

Yes, some of the homes do seem to be close to one another. My husband and I were fortunate to find one with a lot of privacy! You can see us in the winter, not in the summer because of the maple trees! We're kind of in a "tree house" out here! Love it!

I noticed in the Bellingham Heralds business mag. they said the median prices "have" gone down..from $280,450 last May to $255,000 this year. So to answer the original post question and that's all of Whatcom County, which I would gather would affect Sudden Valley as well. Their posting for our economic indicators are quite interesting. Doesn't seem like our area is affected as bad as other areas! That's good news!
I stand corrected by my husband on the HOA dues (he pays the bills). Actually I thought your post said it went up that much more. I read wrong. The due amounts are close to what you posted. My bad here...

Old 07-13-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuitboater View Post
Thanks Poogie777 for the correction on the HOA dues! I was advised, and all the realtor sheets, show the dues as a monthly. I'll pass that info along to my agent. Can you shed some clarification on the water/sewer billing cycle as well, as those costs seem fairly high as well.

Thanks again!
Water is expensive....our water/sewer bill is roughly $75/month. They bill every 2 months.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Not for me, I wanna see some of those 1970s and 80s style homes drop to the 150s.

I guess it depends if your already a homeowner here! LOL But ya, to see it your way if youre looking to buy, no doubt!
We have one of the 70's. I think it was one of the origianl "Canadian beach homes." Telling by the shape it is in, I don't think anyone lived in it year around. It's good and solid compared to others we looked at.
My husband said he's seen a few houses around $165-175 ish. I can't imagine the shape they'd be in...?
Condo's could possibly be less, not sure about that. They kind of come with their own problems...

BTW FYY....we will be getting our water from the city in the near future. They are claiming that our bills "should" go down...possibly....just remains to be seen.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,430 times
I have similar questions to Swede My husband and I were born and raised in CA and love it here, but have been priced out of the Central Coast by people moving from the wealthy Bay area, etc.
My husband is a teacher (5th grade), and I work for a DDS as front office and also am getting certified as a personal trainer. My husband is an avid mnt biker and we love to hike and camp, etc. Being raised here has made us spoiled on weather, but I'm willing to compromise! Does is snow a lot? Rain doesn't bother me as much. We'd want to buy a house (around $200,000-250,000) if possible or rent ($1,100/mo). Pretty much anywhere is cheaper than here (2 BR/1 BA house with small yard was $350,000 "a deal"). Any more info on Sudden Valley, Bellingham, Spokane would be great. We want to start a family and would like to move somewhere that makes that possible!

Old 07-18-2008, 01:10 PM

Great post! With loads of info, however,
Quote:
Be aware that the HOA dues just went up to $60/month for improved lots and to roughly $50/month for unimproved lots.
is not true. That would be per quarter, not per month.

Well, as the commercial goes, "not exactly." As I'm doing my due diligence on a purchase in Sudden Valley, I contacted the Community Association (aka HOA), and while they DO collect the dues quarterly, the amount they quoted me was $196.48 for the 4th Quarter of 2008, which works out to about $65.50/month.

Hope this is helpful.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:03 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,050 times
Default WOW (tear)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuitboater View Post
Great post! With loads of info, however,
Quote:
Be aware that the HOA dues just went up to $60/month for improved lots and to roughly $50/month for unimproved lots.
is not true. That would be per quarter, not per month.

Well, as the commercial goes, "not exactly." As I'm doing my due diligence on a purchase in Sudden Valley, I contacted the Community Association (aka HOA), and while they DO collect the dues quarterly, the amount they quoted me was $196.48 for the 4th Quarter of 2008, which works out to about $65.50/month.

Hope this is helpful.
almost 800 a year.....are you kidding? What is the website for this, I would like to do my own checking. Thats not what I was wanting to read.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:24 PM

Go to www.suddenvalley.com. There's quite a bit of info there about the development, including contact phone numbers. By way of comparison, I know of developments here in Colorado that charge over $360 PER MONTH and have heard of even higher figures. So, I didn't think the $60 was all that awful (guess it's all about what one is familiar).

Old 07-27-2008, 01:04 AM

3 posts, read 14,167 times
When considering homes in Sudden Valley, REALLY compare apples to apples in regards to all the fees/taxes etc. that is charged to SV residents that other Whatcom residents don't pay.

The winding road in and out is beautiful, but also quite slippery when wet so it's slow going. The few people I know who live out there wish they didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington