Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 12 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,924,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Yea, this is a nasty streak. Tomorrow there will be sunshine...Not a typical September at all. Likely England was sunnier than us last month. But we were still warmer even with their heat wave.

Frost coming tomorrow, then "Indian summer".
There are plenty of times I like cloudy/rainy weather as much as sunny weather but I do want more sunshine and that 14 cloudy days in a row streak started to feel too long. I do hope it is sunny for the next 6 days in a row. It was finally sunny today.

Other than this Mid to Late September and Early October, the Northeastern USA also had 4 other very long cloudy days in a row streaks this year back in February, March, April, and May. Each of those 4 months had a solid 10 to 14 cloudy days in a row back then too.

Wow. While New York City will have a mild low of 46 degrees tomorrow morning Western Massachusetts might have a frost and get down near 32 degrees.

That means Western Massachusetts will go from a mini winter, to mini autumn, and then to mini summer in just 3 days.

Other than the sunny weather for this week, are you looking forward to the wild temperature swings or would you rather have more consistent temperatures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 10:02 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,713,074 times
Nowhere near frost here and Autumn feels like it's barely started... coldest low forecast for the rest of this week and the weekend is 10°C (50°F).

Old 10-05-2011, 10:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
will go to yosemite this month to see the change in the colors.
not much here at mt laguna.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 AM

2,678 posts, read 5,071,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Nowhere near frost here and Autumn feels like it's barely started... coldest low forecast for the rest of this week and the weekend is 10°C (50°F).
Do you get CA's seasonal lag? Do yo think of Autumn as Sep - Nov or Oct - Dec? It looks like September has the same temps and rainfall as June in Vancouver.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:46 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,533,552 times
BA has been unusually cold this last couple of days (actually, since monday). Yesterday being the colder day with a max temperature of only 15 celsius.

Today it got to be 22 celsius, thogh, but still it was cold at night (around 12 celsius).

The "cool" weather its supposed to continue until at least saturday.
Im not complaining. I will take as much cold as i can, cause i know i will be missing it in the near future

Old 10-06-2011, 04:41 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,422,619 times
Autumn is acting as normal now - down to 6°C last night and a high of 9°C so far today, with blustery showers.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:47 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,659,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Autumn is acting as normal now - down to 6°C last night and a high of 9°C so far today, with blustery showers.
Is this in Buxton? Only 13C here at lunchtime which feels like proper October weather, but it only got down to 12C last night. Actually sunnier than the milder last two days.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:49 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,422,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Is this in Buxton? Only 13C here at lunchtime which feels like proper October weather, but it only got down to 12C last night. Actually sunnier than the milder last two days.
Yes this is Buxton

I will be back down south soon enough.... just sorting a few things out here first.

The cold front obviously hadn't made it down there by early this morning. Anyway it's around 11°C / 52°F because the showers have been missing me to the north and it's mostly sunny now.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:32 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,514,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

Other than the sunny weather for this week, are you looking forward to the wild temperature swings or would you rather have more consistent temperatures?
Yeh, we had a number of long cloudy stretches. I'm looking for the most warm/mild days possible, but I won't mind a bit of cool for sun and dryness after all the cloud and rain. Perhaps temperature swings would be more interesting but 80s in October seems a bit excessive.

Only predicted to reach 60 today; coldest day of the season so far. Official weather station reported 31°F this morning. Some of the closer non-official stations reported only down to the mid to upper 30s. I wonder which ones were right?

Old 10-06-2011, 09:36 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,713,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Do you get CA's seasonal lag? Do yo think of Autumn as Sep - Nov or Oct - Dec? It looks like September has the same temps and rainfall as June in Vancouver.
There is usually a slight seasonal lag but certainly nothing like parts of California get. I think August tends to be the warmest month here instead of July. I tend to think of Autumn starting in the beginning of October and going to the end of November here. By the end of November, all the leaves have fallen off the deciduous trees here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather