Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 01:01 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,108,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleetan View Post
summer lovers are not hypocrites. We actually like the warm temperatures. I like sitting outside in the yard in 90s and humidity.
+1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 01:20 PM

588 posts, read 957,566 times
This is so weird. I was actually going to start a thread about the summer, that I'm miserable during those months, but I didn't know there was a Weather section until now
I don't think summer lovers are hypocrites. I just honestly can't understand how someone would like hot weather. I always feel so . . . hot. LOL!! And uncomfortable. Would much rather be cold.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:40 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times
office is cold. Who set the thermostat to 70.5°F (21°C). Changed it. Hope the thermostat does something instead of being a placebo.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:51 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
can you please explain to me how 70f(21c) could possibly be considered warm? I don't feel warm at 70f(21c) EVER, I feel like putting on a sweater and a warm pair of jeans. at 74f(23c) I begin to feel comfortable but it's not till 77f(25c) that I can begin to call it warmth.
Well, San Diego's average OVERALL temperature is 70F, meaning that the days are usually warmer than that. But being outside in the sun (especially when doing physical activity) when it is 70F is warm-most people love going to places that are 70F (or above) in winter. But, people in places like Miami or Honolulu sometimes think this weather is jacket weather because they're so used to hot weather.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:53 PM

677 posts, read 934,287 times
I love having 4 seasons, but hate temps above 83* cause to me that means hot. How can anyone enjoy hot sticky sweat rolling off them, too hot to mow the grass, too hot to go shopping, too hot for walks, just too hot for any outdoor activities other than swimming. Hot climates like FL = huge bugs cause they never die, bugs that are native to subtropical climates, severe thunderstorms, red tide, hard to breathe & your AC running 24/7 = $$$. Cold weather kills airborne virus's, purifies the air, is crisp & refreshing & puts a pep in your step. That's the beauty of having 4 seasons, we get a little of this, that, & the other.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:06 PM

588 posts, read 957,566 times
I drove to the grocery the other day and just sat in my air-conditioned car, then turned around & went home. I was thinking Who needs food, paper towels and dishwashing soap, anyway?? Forget this!!!!

Old 08-12-2013, 04:31 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
The summer lovers don't like summer for its actual conditions, but for the activities summer brings, such as outdoor activities, beach etc and the increase in daylight.

How can anyone seriously like hot, sticky and dirty air? Compared with fresh, cool and clean air?

Summer is horrible.

It's not even summer here in Sydney, Australia but the increasing warm temps and daylight is already makin me cringe.
I love summer and hate being cold.
I think the temperature should always be such that clothes are only needed for modesty.
If you have to wear clothing to keep you warm, it's too cold.
I LOVE SUMMER.

Ken

Old 08-12-2013, 08:31 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I'm okay wearing shorts in temperatures down to around 5°C/41°F or so as long as I have something to insulate my upper body.

And I do think the temperatures are the worst thing about summer, but I like various summer activities. I think characterizing someone as either a summer lover or a summer hater is a huge oversimplification.
Agreed. I don't care for the weather when it gets too hot and humid, but I certainly can enjoy a BBQ or a few laps around the pool. I'm not much into swimming, but the option to swim in pools is always there so I take the plunge on occasion.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:35 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,893,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I agree with this now. Changing my thoughts and wording from previous. There are some who actually do like it and are active in it. (not talking about excessive heat like 100sF). Some on the forum here either keep their house hot and built a tolerance for it outside or they bike ride in it like nei and some hike in it (which I will NEVER understand hiking in it for the life of me).
I run outside everyday at high noon in Texas in the full sun.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:06 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,893,961 times
I like summer because I don't like wearing that many clothes in general so it gives me a reason to not have to.

I like seeing women in various states of skimpy outfits and I like tans, so summer's for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather