Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 10:55 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,282,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
In NI when we say boy we mean man.
And you say man when you mean boy?

Old 06-23-2015, 10:57 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,379,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
I think I had a status a couple months ago "Equality only in one's favor". Explains this pretty well.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all about chivalry like holding the door open, taking out the chair for her, etc. When it comes to paying for things or giving gifts or whatever, however, it should always be 50/50. A lot of women seem to think that they should be pampered by their man but don't have anything to offer themselves.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:59 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,266,344 times
Quote:
And you say man when you mean boy?

Old 06-23-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm all about chivalry like holding the door open, taking out the chair for her, etc. When it comes to paying for things or giving gifts or whatever, however, it should always be 50/50. A lot of women seem to think that they should be pampered by their man but don't have anything to offer themselves.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. The women who think they should be pampered are usually the same ones who think they are being oppressed by men.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:02 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,266,344 times
Remember the big scary vultures in Florida. We would walk to the pool and they'd move from house to house when we were not looking, it was creepy.

These birds were black and quite big with massive wings. I actually ran inside everytime I seen them, I thought they'd chase after me. We don't have vultures, it was the first time I seen them.

Lol random story, was just thinking about birds and remembered how creeped out I was.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's ridiculous. The women who think they should be pampered are usually the same ones who think they are being oppressed by men.
Exactly!!

And the same women who seem to get with the douchiest guy they can find, and then complain that men are jerks.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Exactly!!

And the same women who seem to get with the douchiest guy they can find, and then complain that men are jerks.
Maybe they are jerks because are the most attractive and have an inflated ego. Ironic, considering how much feminists value characteristics of women other than appearance. I guess the same standards don't apply to men.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Maybe they are jerks because are the most attractive and have an inflated ego. Ironic, considering how much feminists value characteristics of women other than appearance. I guess the same standards don't apply to men.
I guess. A lot of women think I'm attractive and I don't go around acting like a jerk to people. I think women go for jerks sometimes because it gives off a false sense of confidence, while it really means the opposite. People who act like jack asses to everybody do it because they need to feel better about themselves...basically they're weak, insecure people.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:36 PM

Quote:
I think women go for jerks sometimes because it gives off a false sense of confidence, while it really means the opposite. People who act like jack asses to everybody do it because they need to feel better about themselves...basically they're weak, insecure people.
I've often wondered about this. I've become a lot more confident in recent years (but not extremely so) and I've noticed that people tend to more attracted to me now. But I'm not sure if there actually are more people attracted to me, or if it only seems that way because I'm more confident.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:44 PM

Quote:
I've often wondered about this. I've become a lot more confident in recent years (but not extremely so) and I've noticed that people tend to more attracted to me now. But I'm not sure if there actually are more people attracted to me, or if it only seems that way because I'm more confident.
Women like confident dudes, that's no secret. Also people in general tend to congregate more with people who are confident than not. Who wants to be around someone who's constantly whining that they can't get women or that they're ugly or whatever?

And then there's people who give off a false sense of confidence. Bullies and douchebags are perfect examples of this. They're usually loud and obnoxious and pick on people and it comes across as confident, but it really means the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather