Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 08:23 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times

Advertisements

Finally back in CNJ for Thanksgiving and got about 2.5" of snowpack in my yard, and I think that about it, LOL. I was expecting around 5", but at least it did snow and accumulate. There is a good chance it will stick around for some time .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 08:35 PM

65 posts, read 125,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
More than 730 U.S. flights canceled today, 4,300 delayed

New Jersey not looking good in spots with the heavy wet snow. Lots of power outages popping up.

https://twitter.com/danpeckwx/status...106880/photo/1
Words cannot describe how hard I will rage if my folks lost power tonight or tomorrow after driving 14 hours back up there. You guys are troopers I resent winter and snow I left nj because I just couldn't do it anymore. But, I'm also the kind of person who'd be cold in Jamaica

Old 11-26-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Finally back in CNJ for Thanksgiving and got about 2.5" of snowpack in my yard, and I think that about it, LOL. I was expecting around 5", but at least it did snow and accumulate. There is a good chance it will stick around for some time .
My mom estimated 5-7 in northern Morris... It's crazy we always get dumped on every winter but when I was going to Rowan down in Glassboro snow was a memorable event not a weekly nightmare. Seems the snow never makes it south of exit 10.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:46 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Minded View Post
My mom estimated 5-7 in northern Morris... It's crazy we always get dumped on every winter but when I was going to Rowan down in Glassboro snow was a memorable event not a weekly nightmare. Seems the snow never makes it south of exit 10.
Now you guys are just rubbing it in. Don't know why I bothered to come back on here when I could go elsewhere for the time being after today's epic fail.

South Jersey gets plenty of snow and is very capable in that regard. Numerous times we've gotten large snowstorms while North Jersey misses out.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Now you guys are just rubbing it in. Don't know why I bothered to come back on here when I could go elsewhere for the time being after today's epic fail.

South Jersey gets plenty of snow and is very capable in that regard. Numerous times we've gotten large snowstorms while North Jersey misses out.
Hmmmm. Guess I wasn't there long enough then I was only there for the winters of 2012 and 13. Like I said I remember like 2 memorable snow falls. I was thrilled though when all we got was rain and my old man was cleaning up 8+ inches... Needless to say I visited home much less in the winter hahGa

Old 11-27-2014, 05:26 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,207,481 times
Quote:

Ugh its not that much. Drive to a hill.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:32 AM

83,529 posts, read 75,373,979 times
Snowfall total map from reports in the last 24hrs. Lots of areas with a White landscape for Thanksgiving. I woke up and noticed a little more feel overnight. Grass is covered.

National Weather Service - Eastern Region Hydrometeorological Event Display

Not only was the snow total gradient crazy in some spots (10 inches/3 inches) but the rain/snow/sleet line was pretty consistent throughout the day

Old 11-27-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Minded View Post
Hmmmm. Guess I wasn't there long enough then I was only there for the winters of 2012 and 13. Like I said I remember like 2 memorable snow falls. I was thrilled though when all we got was rain and my old man was cleaning up 8+ inches... Needless to say I visited home much less in the winter hahGa
Yeah, those were very mild winters with below normal snowfall. We've had large snowstorms almost every other winter besides those in recent years! Almost 70 inches of snow last winter. Almost 80 in 2009-10.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
Ugh its not that much. Drive to a hill.
We get roughly 22 inches (56 cm) of snow per year on average. If we get several large snowstorms in a given season, then it could be much more. We've had large snowstorms (10 inches / 25 cm or so or more) in all years except 2012, going back to 2009. In 2009, my area got 2 feet of snow in December (61 cm) in one snowstorm. Like I said, we are capable of this kind of snow thanks to the great variability of the climate. Of course, some years are bad for snow. But we are capable of experiencing quite a lot of snow.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Yeah, those were very mild winters with below normal snowfall. We've had large snowstorms almost every other winter besides those in recent years! Almost 70 inches of snow last winter. Almost 80 in 2009-10.
Damn! That's news to me! Just crossed the water gap. Snow started again on 78 thru Allentown and still going thru Blairstown in nj now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather