Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2016, 05:17 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan93 View Post
Yes he came from immigrants but comparing Scottish immigrants to Muslim immigrants who can pose a major threat to any country they set foot in is quite extreme. Plus I don't see any Scots beheading people in Scotland anywhere near the level the IS are beheading people.
You are getting IS and Muslims mixed up, they are not the same thing.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:23 AM

29,522 posts, read 19,616,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Well ISIS has a twisted interpretation of Islam, but since there is no hierarchical structure in the Islamic faith as there is in Christianity, there are many who have "fringe" interpretations. Furthermore, countries do not have to accept immigrants from other countries who are at war with each other. Essentially, nations that are breeding grounds for terrorist groups such as ISIS are at war with the West.

What do you think about this? Is there any truth to this with regards to Muslims in the UK? If so, that is not a small number who would like to see fundamental changes in UK society

The latest WikiLeaks revelation: 1 in 3 British Muslim students back killing for Islam and 40% want Sharia law

Old 03-04-2016, 07:09 AM

1,916 posts, read 1,459,031 times
Quote:
Not all muslims are part of the IS but all of ISIS are muslims. The problem is that it is hard to distinguish which muslim has these bad intentions or which muslim condemns ISIS.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:17 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Quote:
Not all muslims are part of the IS but all of ISIS are muslims. The problem is that it is hard to distinguish which muslim has these bad intentions or which muslim condemns ISIS.
It's not, as some 95% of Muslims condemn ISIS.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
95 percent is still not enough in my opinion and where did you find that "fact"?

Old 03-04-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Well ISIS has a twisted interpretation of Islam, but since there is no hierarchical structure in the Islamic faith as there is in Christianity, there are many who have "fringe" interpretations. Furthermore, countries do not have to accept immigrants from other countries who are at war with each other. Essentially, nations that are breeding grounds for terrorist groups such as ISIS are at war with the West.

What do you think about this? Is there any truth to this with regards to Muslims in the UK? If so, that is not a small number who would like to see fundamental changes in UK society

[URL="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340599/WikiLeaks-1-3-British-Muslim-students-killing-Islam-40-want-Sharia-law.html#ixzz41wLbdrbP"] The latest WikiLeaks revelation: 1 in 3 British Muslim students back killing for Islam and 40% want Sharia law[/URL]
Hmm, I agree that Islam can be interpreted in different ways (personally I find all religion stupid) but some people are too quick to pull out the fear card when it comes to all muslims, yes there is a small minority that take a ridiculous interpretation of it to suit their terrorist agendas, but the vast majority of muslims are peaceful loving people like the rest of us. I have a few Muslim friends who are all great and nice people, they drink etc and don't take it too seriously, they are fully integrated into the UK society and culture, more than say a lot of Asians or other Eastern Europeans at my university. By trying to target the few (a tiny percentage of the whole Muslim population) in the minority that are a threat to society by banning all Muslims from the country entirely, that is just too far and not at all fair to the millions of peaceful loving Muslims.

What about the KKK in the US? I watched a documentary the other week and there is still a fan base for it (even though very small) but probably equal to the number of potential terroists from Muslim backgrounds in the US or even more, so that's why I don't think what Trump says can hold any truth.

That article is from the Daily Mail and therefore the sources have to be reputed, I don't think that statistic sounds correct.. however to the original argument, of course there is a problem with ISIS that needs to be defeated, but banning all Muslims from the US is not the right answer. IS basically originated thanks to the West's intervention in the middle east, and whilst I do not want another Iraq war and would rather leave that part of the world to sort out its own problems, clearly ISIS is not going to go away until it is destroyed, and unlike Irag and Afghanistan, ISIS poses a real terror threat to the western world.

I hate to say it, but I think ground troops in Syria and Iraq is the only solution to get rid of ISIS, the current air campaign is just costly and useless, unlike Iraq and other operations in the past, this would actually be justified

Old 03-04-2016, 07:30 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
From the figures chicagogeorge posted, it would seem to be less than that. Although even if 95% condemned isis, that's 1 in 20 who don't. So if you let a million Muslims into your country, for example, it would stand to reason you've allowed in 50,000 isis sympathizers.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Hmm, I agree that Islam can be interpreted in different ways (personally I find all religion stupid) but some people are too quick to pull out the fear card when it comes to all muslims, yes there is a small minority that take a ridiculous interpretation of it to suit their terrorist agendas, but the vast majority of muslims are peaceful loving people like the rest of us. I have a few Muslim friends who are all great and nice people, they drink etc and don't take it too seriously, they are fully integrated into the UK society and culture, more than say a lot of Asians or other Eastern Europeans at my university. By trying to target the few (a tiny percentage of the whole Muslim population) in the minority that are a threat to society by banning all Muslims from the country entirely, that is just too far and not at all fair to the millions of peaceful loving Muslims.

What about the KKK in the US? I watched a documentary the other week and there is still a fan base for it (even though very small) but probably equal to the number of potential terroists from Muslim backgrounds in the US or even more, so that's why I don't think what Trump says can hold any truth.

That article is from the Daily Mail and therefore the sources have to be reputed, I don't think that statistic sounds correct.. however to the original argument, of course there is a problem with ISIS that needs to be defeated, but banning all Muslims from the US is not the right answer. IS basically originated thanks to the West's intervention in the middle east, and whilst I do not want another Iraq war and would rather leave that part of the world to sort out its own problems, clearly ISIS is not going to go away until it is destroyed, and unlike Irag and Afghanistan, ISIS poses a real terror threat to the western world.

I hate to say it, but I think ground troops in Syria and Iraq is the only solution to get rid of ISIS, the current air campaign is just costly and useless, unlike Iraq and other operations in the past, this would actually be justified
Another problem is that ISIS can turn a a decent chunk of those peaceful Muslims into crazed killers. That's another thing that scares me a little.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Another problem is that ISIS can turn a a decent chunk of those peaceful Muslims into crazed killers. That's another thing that scares me a little.
In exactly the same way as deporting millions of them from your country just based on their religion would do..

Old 03-04-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
In exactly the same way as deporting millions of them from your country just based on their religion would do..
I know that that can inspire Muslims to join ISIS as well but that is very unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather