Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2016, 01:44 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,361,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Because one interferes with the growing season after it's been bare for more months. Average weather now is warmer than most of the above average weather this winter; it's the time of year when consistent 60°F days are possible and it's not happening. Fail is hyperbole; but many here look forward to spring. A delay is aggravating. Above average weather in winter isn't the same
Even if it were the other way around, people would still be calling the climate here a "fail".

I understand looking forward to spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 01:45 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Because one interferes with the growing season after it's been bare for more months. Average weather now is warmer than most of the above average weather this winter; it's the time of year when consistent 60°F days are possible and it's not happening. Fail is hyperbole; but many here look forward to spring. A delay is aggravating. Above average weather in winter isn't the same

I said the same thing today at lunch. When you have no growing season here for months, and it is started early by the up and down weather, and then it gets really cold in April it just seems so much more aggravating. Now you know why I prefer sticking close to averages. If we stuck close to average the temps would be 60F everyday now, and you would know what to expect.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Yeah but that is what is causing all the problems with things blooming too early and being heavily damaged. They said even some fruit trees bloomed in December, then got very cold again, and then the warm March and now this. Is just crazy what they have been through given this up and down winter.
I think the problem was the above-normal weather tricking plants rather than the cold. Aren't things normally bare this time of year still anyways? Well maybe not in Philly, but where nei lives it seems it's almost always completely barren and brown this time of year.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:46 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,451,533 times
I don't get how we can still be at 40% humidity when it's overcast and thunderstorms just went through one county away. Interesting.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:53 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,815,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
I don't get how we can still be at 40% humidity when it's overcast and thunderstorms just went through one county away. Interesting.
I'm probably very slow at noticing this, but I've only just noticed your name change. No idea if it's recent or not.

Anyway, congratulations and erm, go Wildcats?!

Apologies. I'm English. And Northern.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:57 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,451,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
I'm probably very slow at noticing this, but I've only just noticed your name change. No idea if it's recent or not.

Anyway, congratulations and erm, go Wildcats?!

Apologies. I'm English. And Northern.
Yeah, I changed it this week. It's my university's mascot.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:06 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I think the problem was the above-normal weather tricking plants rather than the cold. Aren't things normally bare this time of year still anyways? Well maybe not in Philly, but where nei lives it seems it's almost always completely barren and brown this time of year.
If it weren't from this cold, there'd be some greenery now or in a few days. Many trees have small buds. A few shrubs were starting to green. Not atypical early April

Old 04-06-2016, 02:32 PM

808 posts, read 710,937 times
Default The Daily Weather Fail - 06.04.2016

It's 44.2°F (6.8°C) and overcast right now - not exactly terrible for this time of year, but certainly below average. Our low was actually 33.8°F (1°C) this morning, which is right in line with our averages. We saw a quarter of an inch (6 mm) of rain from our system last night, which is kind of disappointing considering how big it looked on the map.

AccuWeather says we'll get 2-4" (5-10 cm) of snow between now and Friday night... Why can't it turn to spring already? I'm sick of this subarctic "40°F [4°C] WITH SNOW!" nonsense that Mother Nature likes giving us lately. It's April, so we should be in the lower 50s °F (lower teens °C) by now.

Last edited by Cheesehead92; 04-06-2016 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: style

Old 04-06-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YITYNR View Post
It's 44.2°F (6.8°C) and overcast right now - not exactly terrible for this time of year, but certainly below average. Our low was actually 33.8°F (1°C) this morning, which is right in line with our averages. We saw a quarter of an inch (6 mm) of rain from our system last night, which is kind of disappointing considering how big it looked on the map.

AccuWeather says we'll get 2-4" (5-10 cm) of snow between now and Friday night... Why can't it turn to spring already? I'm sick of this subarctic "40°F [4°C] WITH SNOW FOR THE NEXT 2 DAYS!!!" nonsense that Mother Nature likes giving us lately. It's April, so we should be in the lower 50s °F (lower teens °C) this time of year.
Where is your location? If you don't mind me asking.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:36 PM

808 posts, read 710,937 times
Default My location...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Where is your location? If you don't mind me asking.
I'd prefer not to reveal my specific location, but I'm in the Köppen Dfa zone of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather