Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2019, 04:37 PM

5,194 posts, read 1,872,370 times

Advertisements

Quiz Question Time

Which of the countries on the map below is the coldest?

1.) Sweden
2.) Norway
3.) UK
4.) UK
5.) UK

It could be Norway actually. Hmmm. But it's hard to decide. Norway also has warmer areas than the UK.

Last edited by Eman Resu VIII; 06-17-2019 at 05:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 05:13 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Very unsummerlike by north Texas standards today, temperatures are only in the lower 80’s in the Fort Worth area today
Don't worry it'll be 100 in a few days.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:13 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,970,984 times
I've gotta say I find it a little funny how people are already talking about the year without a summer before July's even started. The hottest two months of the year still lie ahead, so I don't see the point in canceling summer this soon. The winter of 2013-14 had a mild December in my area and then a significantly below normal January-March; I don't see why it's impossible for people to have a hot July-September after a cooler than normal June. I know it's been rainy in a lot of places, which would keep the extreme heat down, but a warm, humid summer doesn't seem impossible.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:20 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
I've gotta say I find it a little funny how people are already talking about the year without a summer before July's even started. The hottest two months of the year still lie ahead, so I don't see the point in canceling summer this soon. The winter of 2013-14 had a mild December in my area and then a significantly below normal January-March; I don't see why it's impossible for people to have a hot July-September after a cooler than normal June. I know it's been rainy in a lot of places, which would keep the extreme heat down, but a warm, humid summer doesn't seem impossible.
The problem is that wet weather begets wet weather and dry weather begets dry weather. The Midwest hasn't been able to dry out and thus even if it warms up the warmth will go towards evaporating moisture raising humidity instead of raising temps. The good news for the Midwest is that some strong dry cold fronts in August could finally dry things out enough for a mini summer before the return of fall but other than that you can put the white flag in summer for that region.

Looks like the West coast is again getting the best weather in the country. That pattern is expected to continue. Good news for them, the Desert Southwest was cool in May as was a lot of California. Seeing people frolic at Baker Beach brought tears to my eyes (in a good way), there's very few days that it's nice enough to do that but I've been at that beach during a similar weather pattern. When I lived in the Bay Area I always jumped from micro climate to micro climate. When it was sunny and warm at the beach, I was always there. When the coast was fogged in, that's when I would go inland for some white water rafting or something.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:21 PM

29,533 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
^^^^^^^^^

Talk about the year without a summer

Will it be this?

https://twitter.com/Mike_DeFino/stat...57596917440513

Or this?

https://twitter.com/Met_khinz/status...01783770918912

Old 06-17-2019, 05:27 PM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,597,260 times
Quote:
No signs of anything seasonable heading into July, just more unsettled and rainy conditions. August hasn't been normal for years, September may be the best month of the year.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:49 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Hilarious. Storm cutting through U.S and off the new England coast. GFS is south much more. Not a Summer pattern. Storms dont typically form on land in summer

Old 06-17-2019, 06:53 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
It's been an excellent start to summer here but this week is muggier than ideal. No extreme heat in the forecast thankfully. Just knock the dewpoint down about 20 degrees and I'll be happy.

Despite the overcast, humid conditions, there hasn't been much rain. There was a very brief downpour last night that didn't even last 5 minutes. Maybe some tonight but it looks like best chances are south and west of here (Central and Southern NJ and west through the Ohio Valley).

Old 06-17-2019, 07:47 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
The beauty of our climate is summer is guaranteed. Take this coming weekend for instance. Unseasonable troughing over the west, and we're still going to be hot (though below average), high's around 100 and lows in the mid to upper 70s

Old 06-17-2019, 08:31 PM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
This is being said for like 16 months now.

Its been miserable but I dont mind it in summer.

https://twitter.com/Raphael4NY/statu...99001552609285
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather